Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
Magazines call me a Rockstar, Girls call me Cockstar
I was pretty set on the Kindle until I looked at the video on Sonystyle and saw the touchscreen Sony's had a stylus. There was a strange moment of 'again, here we are' as I thought back to my days with old Treos, but being able to highlight blocks of text for later use seems so obvious that I'd hate to not have it.

Does the stylus on sony devices work well? Does the Kindle have a similar highlight-and-save mechanic? How are the dictionaries on the various devices?

How often does Sony update firmware and what not? Also, what's the real difference between the daily and touch editions besides the extra inch of screen?

As far as delivered content goes, is it worth it? Several user reviews for delivered magazines or newspapers for Amazon for instance insist that you get limited versions of the papers and that it's not even worth the money.

What keeps the Kindle interesting to me is how much you can do On-Device. A younger me would have loved tinkering with fonts and doing mass-conversions and what not on a computer before loading them on a device, but these days I'm preferring things that just work. Kindle's syncing systems, for instance, for amazon-purchased books is one example.

How quick are Sony on the uptake when it comes to improving software with common-sense ideas?

Le Sean fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
I'm looking forward to the Adam getting out of the door, but I'll be damned if I buy a first generation anything ever.

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
When can we start expecting (leaked) information on the next generation Kindle/Nook/Sony/etc?

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006
Will someone please think of the children's books!

Le Sean
Feb 18, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have no idea, but I would like the information as well :)

I love my 650 but there are things about it I would change.

What would you change about it in a future revision?

You know what? All of these readers should have dropbox support.