Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Well, congrats on your new Jeep Compass. I actually got one of those as a loaner when my Abarth was in the shop. I enjoyed the heated steering wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

corgski posted:

Well, congrats on your new Jeep Compass Renegade
:colbert:

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

beefnoodle posted:

Is this thread dead? Yesterday I took delivery of my 2016 500x Lounge :grin: and am starting to look around for must-have after-market stuff, like a spare wheel, maybe a mat for the cargo area. Any other 500x people with advice?

No advice but I really like the 500x, its a million times better looking than the melty blob 500L.
Thread is dead because all of our Fiats are currently being fixed by some dude named Tony, and we had to sell our computers to pay for the repairs.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Touche. But yeah, it was a comfy ride and so much nicer than the 500L in appearance. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm already wrestling with Mopar build quality on one car, I'd consider one!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Can you expand on what kind of Mopar issues you're dealing with?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

My washer fluid tank and washer fluid pump have inexplicably disintegrated twice now - I need to take it back to get it replaced under warranty again - and of course the bluetooth integration is non-functional, but I stopped caring about that months ago.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

corgski posted:

My washer fluid tank and washer fluid pump have inexplicably disintegrated twice now - I need to take it back to get it replaced under warranty again - and of course the bluetooth integration is non-functional, but I stopped caring about that months ago.

You think you'll lemon law it if the washer stuff fails again?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Doesn't qualify, second failure didn't happen until after 1 year.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
IIRC if the issues started happening during the first 18 months of ownership and continue to persist you can still lemon it as long as you have proof that you contacted Chrysler about the issue the first time during the first 18 months and it's exactly the same problem again. Problem is in most states you have to send the car in for the same fix three times and have it break a fourth time before they'll initiate a buy back/replacement. Then they run your through the gamut of a 3rd party called Impartial Services Group who is useless at best and best case scenario your car gets bought back/replaced within roughly 6 months - I initiated my buy back around August 30th 2015 and surrendered my Abarth finally on March 14th 2016.

It's a shame these little cars have so many unusual issues because for the longest time in and out of sales I used to be able to brush it off that it's an Italian designed car built in a Chrysler plant in Mexico, what can possibly go wrong? Now that consumer reports and pretty much every other relevant automotive magazine has been bashing Fiat in every single 'quality' test the sales have dropped dramatically. As such Fiat studios are now able to re-integrate back into Chrysler dealerships or they can opt for 'rent assistance' which is for every new unit sold they get $1000 from FCA. Lackluster sales of the 500L and 500X means the 124 Spider needs to succeed in Miata-esque fashion and the 500 desperately needs a radical update/redesign to compete with the recently redesigned Mini & Smart cars or we could see Fiat pulling out of the US...again. That being said I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a cheap used '12 or '13 Abarth with decent miles as a beater & weekend Auto-X or track day car as they're insanely fun cars to drive but the ownership experience is lacking deeply.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
This is bad news, as I'm considering the Chrysler badged ProMaster van. There is a suspicious number of used (6-12 month) ones available with a significant price drop. If that isn't a red flag I don't know what is

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

Nitrox posted:

This is bad news, as I'm considering the Chrysler badged ProMaster van. There is a suspicious number of used (6-12 month) ones available with a significant price drop. If that isn't a red flag I don't know what is

I wonder how much of that is due to the supposedly terrible transmission? They ever update the van with a conventional automatic?

Aztech
May 30, 2009

Do any of you have any experience with the two cylinder twin air engine? The happy little noise it makes appeals to me.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

It's a shame these little cars have so many unusual issues because for the longest time in and out of sales I used to be able to brush it off that it's an Italian designed car built in a Chrysler plant in Mexico, what can possibly go wrong?

The 500x line is assembled in Italy. Remains to be seen if that's an improvement.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
The 500x is actually an incredibly well engineered vehicle, FCA spent millions renovating the Melfi assembly plant for production of the 500x and Jeep Renegade and it shows with the high level of fit and finish. Unfortunately the Italians never designed the mechanicals of a car as good as the sheet metal. The 500L is made in Serbia, probably for keeping costs down which in retrospect bit Fiat in the rear end because they're getting raped on shelling out warranty repairs for the 500L. I was referencing a dark time before the 500L and 500X, however ;)

Still love the new Fiats and I'm anxiously awaiting the 124 Sypder to put my grubby paws on :italy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

I just received my Black Roof Side Rails order (Mopar 68281916AA ) for my 500x.

Unfortunately, there are no instructions in the packaging, and the only link to installation instructions on the site takes you to a login screen. Does anyone have a workaround, or another source of these docs?

• Locked thread