Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ev
Aug 3, 2006
Anyone with experience with Avid Media Composer and XDCAM seen this error message before: "failed to get the sample temporal offset from the AMA plug-in"? It happened when consolidating/transcoding a disc with something like 250 clips on it. Granted it's late so I didn't play around with it a ton, but anyone have an idea?

We're on MC 5.5 with an ISIS (I think that's all caps) server for storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ev
Aug 3, 2006

1st AD posted:

PC or Mac? I've had tons of issues with Mavericks and XDCAM and ended up having to transcode to DNxHD in Resolve
PC. Windows 7.

Ev
Aug 3, 2006
To follow up and answer my own question, apparently that error message I saw comes up when you have corrupted clips on a disc. So it just requires importing in small batches to narrow down which clip is bad. Or at least that's what I've been told by the person who usually does the importing in our office.