Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007
Red sucks and it's post work-flow sucks and I hate it, Why can't it be more like Alexa? I never appreciated how much better of a system Alexa is until I offered to help post some red footage all the way to final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007
oh man FCPX is such a piece of poo poo. Someone brought it into my friends office and just 30 minutes with it they convinced their boss to go completely avid next quarter

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007
Plus avid is an actual editing platform with an established production pipeline, unlike Premiere or Vegas or babies first editor or whatever.

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007
Does anyone recommend how to convert a premiere project file's assets into dpx or a tiff image sequence? I currently have a project in muxed cineform but I want to generate either dpx or tiff for discrete left and right eyes for working in after effects? Because cineform 3D is poo poo, half the time when I switch eyes in neoplayer it refuses to refresh in after effects without clearing the cache completely)

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007

BonoMan posted:

I'm not exactly sure what you're doing, but After Effects exports to DPX and Tiff sequences.

I don't want to export to dpx, I want to work in DPX. Basically want I want is a media manager function (ala fcp) to convert all the media in the premiere project to DPX and then bring that into after effects. And I have to do that twice, once for left and again for right, then bring those into the same project.