Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Oh god oh god oh god I love you LPs to death, and you picked a game I was curious of. Not because I thought badly of it, but because it's so David Lynch and so...your style. I'm the happiest girl because of you! :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
"Our hero, Agent AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
AAAHHH AGENT YORK YOU'RE A CREATURE.
NO, STOP IT AGENT YORK!!!!"

Lowtax reviewed this game. And it made me want to play it more than anything in the world. :allears:

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

Pirate_Mike posted:

I know such is the case for Germans, I studied the language and stayed there a few weeks when I was younger.

But Greenvale doesn't exactly seem particularly, or even remotely Germanic. :spergin:

In the US, large Germanic populations are in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, the Dakotas...those have towns similar to Greenvale, quiet country out-of-the-way settings. NY and PA also have large German population.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
I'm ill, but these help ease pain! Aaah I love you Agent York! :byodame:

An omelet full of fried rice sounds amazing...

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Wait. Why is there a buck's (male deer's) head next to the sleep meter? :crossarms:

Also jesus christ this game is the funniest drat thing.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

Panzeh posted:

Is Anna looking ugly as hell while everyone describes her as a beautiful goddess on purpose?

Earlier in the thread, some mentioned graphics limitations as the reason, but Emily is very pretty (I mean, come on, she looks like Naomi Watts), so...I'm not sure what's up with Anna. :confused:

E: "You Acquired Quint Dunn"
I love how they don't say it's a card, more like "YOU NOW OWN A TEENAGE BOY" (wouldn't be that surprising with how this game's going.)

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Speaking of, from the moment he removed the seed from her throat to the end of the video, I actually had chills. Cheesy, but man I just love York ohsomuch. :allears:

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Besides York looking jaundiced, here, have a fanart. :geno:

I'm enjoying this game too much.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
I love how nonchalant he is when the shot-gun zombies appear. "Did I leave the stove on...?"

I just found out who Zach is. Oh well, a (very) small spoiler in the grand scheme of things, but still. :sigh:

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
"They both need each other. It's called 'inter-dependency.'"
"Yeah, I know it. He does terrible things to Tom. Nasty, even sadistic things. But that's fine, as long as it's what Tom wants."
"Well in the Tom and Jerry show they live with each other--"

All that is juxtaposed with photos (on the laptop) of other women killed, and red seeds. Tom and Jerry rant may not be that crazy, as maybe Anna (and the other women) can be "Tom". Anna was in affiliation with a "cult", acting out (smoking, racy photos found in locked dresser), there's someone she may have been associated with who was "Jerry"?

Not that this is any lead, just saying, I was dumbfounded by the Tom and Jerry ramble at first, but now not so much...maybe.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Someone somewhere has possibly made York/Thomas fanart of them at a dance club.

And somehow, I find that less uncomfortable than watching York watch Thomas dance, his heart rate rising.

What the gently caress. :byodame:

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
The red room sequence in the beginning, with the twins, is apparently of York's dreams; therefore, is it crazy to assume the nightmare sequences with the shadows are of York's dreams, too? His inventory also takes place in the red room, therefore more proof that when crazy poo poo goes down, it's in his head.

I had part of the game spoiled to me, so all I'll say is: the broken stiletto heel is very interesting, despite the spoiler. I'm so excited.

Also, I'm so sick and full of drugs; so here, have a fanart.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
^^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wMwxw6iyqI
Shadowman beginning, so good.

What jumped out at me:
Forrest Kaysen not only holding a red plant, but dropping the hint growing it is a secret like making (smoked) ham. I'm thinking Thomas might have some major role. I know an oddity of Thomas coming up, but I don't know the whole story.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

skoolmunkee posted:

I also think quite highly of York so that's why I'm hoping there is a romance subplot. :3:

Chiming in to say oh god I hope so. :3:

Chris Pine as York? They need to make a movie/TV series NOW.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
In the very first video, Thomas is crying, and his sister is looking at him in...disgust? Disbelief?

Agh I need to know what happens nooow. :sigh:

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

RoeCocoa posted:

Thomas' dialog and actions make it obvious that he really liked Anna; his sister is the first to admit to having a low opinion of her. I believe that what we see in that first scene is everyone's immediate natural reaction to the news of Anna's murder. The most interesting part is that one woman who doesn't even seem surprised. I think we're supposed to notice her (non)reaction, and I think she's going to seem important when she actually shows up in the game, but I think she will ultimately be a red herring.

It's too early to speculate much about Kaysen. It seems like he spends a lot of time in Greenvale, but George and Emily haven't seen fit to mention him-- that's a little bit odd.

I forgot we had met the sister in-game already. :downs: I'm still weirded out by Thomas' reaction to Anna's death, for some reason. He's too...sad? And then Forrest mentioning growing the plants is like making ham. Just really getting bad vibes about Thomas.

The nonchalant woman in the beginning is most likely the museum lady. At least, she looks like she's standing in a museum of sorts. And Forrest dropped her off in a previous update, so she's connected to him somehow.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Forrest Kaysen = Snake Forestry
Just observing an anagram of his name. :tinfoil:

Wondering what the deal was with "My name is Becky."

E: poo poo, top of page.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Oh piss off, I was bringing up the anagram thing because of Anna Graham. She had a snake on her when she was found in the forest, and Forrest Kaysen's name can be arranged in a related way. :colbert:

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Sorry, I thought speculation was allowed. Never mind.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Put mustard and TOMATO SLICES on my hot dog, please! :j:

For real: The shadows, might they be people York knows? They're always the same people. Or it's laziness and budget woes. Either way!

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
Some of the cards blatantly spoil poo poo. I broke down and looked, and some go as far as saying who dies, and when.

I also downloaded the soundtrack and :wtc: Some of the song titles/song choices make me not care about knowing what's to come because...when the gently caress would such music be used, and why oh god I must know.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
What the loving fuuuuuuuuu:wtc:

And those crawling shadows can piss off, oh god the nightmares, this was a bad thing to watch before bed. I have to know, do the shadows actually represent people York may know/have known? I'm guessing most pulls together in the end, but still.

...York and Emily. :3: Aw. I think. Thanks SGF for an update so soon!

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
I got my friend (and her boyfriend) watching this LP. They only started this past weekend and have caught up completely, they spent hours just sitting in silence watching, and whenever I catch her, she rambles non-stop about her theories. :3:

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
10AM and hitting dead people with the Greatcrotch (or whatever that thing's called). Now you're a Stinky Agent. York on all fours looking at the seeds nearly killed me.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
I don't think Thomas is in drag necessarily as a voice of "people who cross-dress are evil", I think both he and Carol are being, erm, interchanged depending on RK's mood. As in, RK would like Carol, but will take what he can get. Get the stockings on, Thomas... :gonk:

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
You bastard.

I want a looping .gif of the vault opening and a Shadow sliding out with it. Funniest damned thing.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
I don't think George really transformed. They were in the "Red Seed" world, I don't think George literally turned into and 80s Super Saiyen troll. Not sure why that scene was "profoundly dumb", I mean...it's not really happening. It's hallucinations, and signifying George is an awful monster that York tore down by hitting him where it hurts: memories of his mother?

What WAS dumb was York JUST NOW PIECING TOGETHER THAT IT'S NOT A PEACE SYMBOL GAAAH.

E: Everyone listen to Zorak, thank gently caress someone knows what's going on (maybe).

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

judge reinhold posted:

Wait, what? Huh? Aroo? Why?

His trading card specifically mentions he hates dogs.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

CrushedB posted:

I always interpreted it as his eye being damaged by Kaysen (the scar goes right over it). No idea whether that's actually possible - probably not.

They could've been going for a Bowie-like eye. He was punched and it never went back to normal:

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

bbcisdabomb posted:

My boss has the name of his business as his vainty plate, too. Does that make him an evil demon?

No he's just A DRACULAAA. :drac:

I liked the ending. I'll admit, I teared up for "Emily you're not supposed to go over there! Come back!" and "York always gets the girl" :smith: But the final fights were fun, seriously, I'd rather laugh a bit than end on a dour note.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

Feriowind posted:

Now I'm all sentimental. I don't wanna say goodbye to York and Emily! :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
"I did the barbecue in friend's house today. However, I hardly ate anything. Because I was playing with friend's child in the ditch."

:stare: Swery you're brilliant.