Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fereydun
May 9, 2008

The design in this game is loving amazing. It's absolutely unbelievable how much thought was put into making the real meat of the game (everything that isn't combat).

Also Agent York is pretty much the best protagonist to ever exist in the medium.

i really love this game, and hopefully you'll show off the small touches that most people probably miss (like the signs in english, or various small easter eggs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fun facts:
The perp from the previous case that York mentions is also a reference to Molly Millions from Johnny Mnemonic. Razors under the fingernails, and what not.

Emily and George are named after the characters from Our Town.

There's probably more references and stuff but those are the two that I can think of off the top of my head for the intro section.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

The song "Life is Beautiful" is probably named after the movie of the same name, which is a really drat good movie that, from what I can recall, doesn't get referenced in game.

"Raging Bull" Jack is pretty obvious in it's reference too, being named after the Martin Scorsese movie.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

I'm pretty sure we can be reasonably certain that York isn't responsible for the red seed murders. Eccentric as he may be, he also seems to be the only agent investigating the killings to begin with, and from what we've seen he does a pretty thorough job of it as well.

Most importantly, this game isn't written by David Cage.

thank god

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

It's kinda hilarious to see folks screaming at George's incompetence when York literally stands there, whips out a cigarette and does absolutely nothing.

George runs in, sees York has spent who knows how long questioning Becky, who is both dying from injuries, blood loss and being hung by metal wiring and instead of acting like a sociopath he immediately goes to try and rescue her by doing the most obvious and logical option of cutting the wire hanging the victim ASAP.

Also, sending in a single cop against a serial killer, especially in a department of small town cops who have literally never seen a single murder before is clearly a great idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

The Raincoat Killer part has a very cool idea behind it that a lot of folks don't catch in that it's actually the original Raincoat Killer who stopped the gas from spreading in the original experiment. If you let the bell ring 13 times he becomes like all the other crazed townspeople and starts laughing like York does in the game over sequence where he loses his sanity to the gas.