Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

Catastrophe posted:

SmartWool socks. Find them on sale, buy a pair or two and spoil your feet. I always hated wool socks and didn't really care about having "nice" socks until I picked up a pair of their merino wool thingies and found the cushiony softness unbeatable. Again, I had people question why I would pay $8+ per pair of socks (even when on sale) when you could pick up multiple pairs of socks for that much but it's quality over quantity. They don't turn to a pulpy mess like cotton socks do when they get wet or very sweaty, they don't get stinky fast like cotton or polyester socks do, they still insulate when damp and they feel like you're walking on clouds. I honestly do feel like their socks are worth the pricetag.

My mom gets my dad to buy her two pairs every Christmas. She wears them out in a year (by walking two and a half miles daily), but they are fabulous and she swears by them. I have one knee high pair and they are the best for being cold.

I get chapped lips in the winter time, and it pisses me off. I'd put lip balm on and then in an hour they'd be dry and chapped again, it's infuriating. Until I found Blistex complete moisture by randomly snagging some lip balm. This poo poo feels like nothing else going on, it's smooth and silky and really hydrates my poor lips. I'd tried Burts, but the balm I have is minty and just stings and does not hydrate.

http://www.blistex.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=71

I've had some weird breakouts recently due to my IUD hormones I think, and I was washing my face with nutrogena, aveno, and proactive acne products and still having a pretty solid breakout for over a month. I went to the store and happened to see that they had new Alcohol Free Stridex Pads. I'd used it in the past, but the pads were really abrasive and it made my skin peel from all the alcohol. The new ones are soft as well as being free from alcohol, and if you have stubborn acne, or sensitive skin and acne, this poo poo rapes it in the rear end. In two days, bam, I went from broken out and pissed off to clear complexion, no more breaking out at all. I'm going to buy the sensitive stuff next time, but just use a pad once a day and apply aloe lotion and I'm good to go. My complexion used to be oily, I guess my face hated Proactiv, but now it's not even a little bit!

I'd always tried products that claimed to clear your skin, and I'd never noticed EVER that any of the products I had tried had actually done much at all, let alone quickly. I'm sold on this Stridex stuff for life now. If you tried it in the past and it made your face peel, give it another go.

When I bought my laptop it came with a free pair of headphones. They were the worlds best fitting, most wondrous noise canceling earbuds. After two years they broke down and began shocking me inside of my ears. Ouch. I had to toss them and buy a new pair. I dropped 20$ on Skullcandy stereo headphones, FIRSTLY they didn't fit because I have a small head, and secondly they broke after one month. They also had crap sound quality compared to my older buds. I finally tracked the earbuds down, they were EP 630 Buds from Creative labs.

http://us.store.creative.com/category/55620695201/1/EP630.htm

Buy them on ebay, don't even bother with paying 30$. I spent 10$ on my new pair and they're just as lovely as the original ones. My absolute favorite headphones. REALLY cancel noise too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

I finally tracked the earbuds down, they were EP 630 Buds from Creative labs.

http://us.store.creative.com/category/55620695201/1/EP630.htm

Buy them on ebay, don't even bother with paying 30$. I spent 10$ on my new pair and they're just as lovely as the original ones. My absolute favorite headphones. REALLY cancel noise too.

YES!

I was really bummed when mine broke. Definitely recommended.

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942
A non-abrasive product which will do all claimed here for Magic Eraser is, believe it or not, Avon's Skin So Soft. We've used for decades to do the removal jobs that specialty products couldn't do. You won't believe it until you try it.

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

Paul Allen posted:

I know it's not a product, per se, but a service. Amazon Prime is one of my favorite things ever. Let me tell you why.

Not only is it only $80 a year, but you get free two day shipping on almost anything you might need AND you can add up to 4 other people to your account, free of charge. They can take advantage of all the Prime benefits and not pay a dime, unless, of course, you ask them to. I ask for $20 a person to join my account, all friends and family, in which case I literally pay nothing for my Prime membership. It's a great situation for them and for me, so everybody wins!

If you play it right it's a great deal and has lead me to use Amazon more than I usually would. On top of all that, Amazon has some of the best customer service in the business and I've never had the smallest problem with them. I've gotten a couple of damaged products from them and they always replace them, no question.

I really can't recommend them enough!

Free two day shipping and no sales tax is hard to beat. We've used Prime for years.

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!

Tokaii posted:

A non-abrasive product which will do all claimed here for Magic Eraser is, believe it or not, Avon's Skin So Soft. We've used for decades to do the removal jobs that specialty products couldn't do. You won't believe it until you try it.

I remember when ASSS first came out my dad bought a bunch of the stuff from the local Avon lady because it had citronella in it before everyone knew it worked as an insect repellent. I'm going to have to try it as a cleaning product.

anhyderous
Dec 21, 2006

Your day has finally come
So wear the hat and do the dance
And let the suit keep wearing you
This year you'll sit and take it
And you will like it
While the Zebra M-301 is a good mechanical pencil for a good price, I prefer the M-402. It's got a bit of weight to it, which I like, and it's sturdy. I'm still using the one I bought 4-5 years ago with no issues at all.

Yamaha CM500 Headset I got tired of buying a new lovely logitech headset every month for $15, and this set was suggested to me. They've lasted 2 years, and they're finally on their last leg and need to be replaced. I can be pretty hard on my stuff, and they've held up admirably. The sound quality is great, and the mic is good. The only way I would like them better is if they had in-line volume/mic muting functions.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
Clear Care Contact Case/Solution
My eye doc had me try monthly lenses and asked me to give Clear Care a try. I had seen this stuff in stores before and I thought it was some kind of crazy thing for specialty lenses. Ever since I started using silicon hydragel lenses, I adores the comfort but after wearing them ~14 hours, I had eye goo, no matter how much I cleaned them or rubbed them in solution before going to bed. Since switching to Clear Care, it seriously feels like I'm putting in a fresh pair of lenses every morning. The only downside is that you have to leave your lenses in the solution for at least 6 hours but it really hasn't been an issue for me so far and having that crisp, new contact sensation every morning is beyond great. For the budget-minded, Target has their own generic brand of it- even using the name brand, I'm spending less each month on Clear Care than on optifree and cases.

If I have a cold and I'm on the go and need to clear up quick, I use Buckley's. It's got horrible ingredients like ammonium carbonate, camphor and menthol. It is the worst tasting stuff in the world- it's like chugging thick irradiated cat piss but it clears you right up.

stuph
Aug 31, 2004

donkey punching my way to the top
I honestly love my Sonicare Toothbrush more than anything else. I recently went out of town for 4 days and the difference between brushing with a normal toothbrush and with a Sonicare is night and day. You know how clean and fresh your mouth feels after just coming from a cleaning at the dentist's office? Buy a Sonicare, use it for the full cycle and you can feel like that every day. Even after brushing for 4+ minutes with a normal brush I felt like I had a dirty mouth and my teeth were covered in junk. It's just a completely different world of mouth cleaning. I actually got mine as a present, but now that I know I'd happily drop a hundred bucks or more to buy a new one if mine were to break.

Along the same lines, my wife has a Clarisonic Mia (same company as the sonicare) and tells me it's the same for her face. I've tried it and I'm not as much of a fan, but she loves it.

4steve
Aug 21, 2009

Wynter posted:

The Utili-Key

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been after a thing just like it for months but couldn't find anything at a reasonable price.

I would totally recommend a fixed monthly budget strategy to anyone. Split your wages into 3 chunks on a spreadsheet; a chunk to live off (allow for a few luxuries), a chunk to pay your bills, and a chunk to go into a savings account. I've gone from owing £3k on credit cards and overdrafts to being well in the black after 10 months of doing this and I don't earn a lot. The great thing is the savings I've got effectively replace the need to have a credit card. So yeah, spreadsheets are awesome!

Vector 7
Sep 29, 2010

I came to post about the Zojirushi rice cooker, and wasn't surprised when I saw like five people already recommending it. I use it all the time, can't live without it, etc.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Back in 2003 I purchased a pair of wireless Sennheiser headphones. At the time I bought them they were the most comfortable headphones I'd ever had and the range was great. It's been almost 8 years now and they're still going strong and the pads are just as comfy (although they're starting to wear thin from use.) They're expensive, but oh so worth it and at this point they have more than paid themselves off.

edit: for whatever reason this post motivated me to look up the FCC testing on these headphones and apparently they're the worst ones available from Sennheiser. I think they work rather well, which makes me wonder how much better the other models are...

El Mero Mero has a new favorite as of 13:40 on Nov 28, 2010

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

CHARLES posted:

Back in 2003 I purchased a pair of wireless Sennheiser headphones. At the time I bought them they were the most comfortable headphones I'd ever had and the range was great. It's been almost 8 years now and they're still going strong and the pads are just as comfy (although they're starting to wear thin from use.) They're expensive, but oh so worth it and at this point they have more than paid themselves off.

edit: for whatever reason this post motivated me to look up the FCC testing on these headphones and apparently they're the worst ones available from Sennheiser. I think they work rather well, which makes me wonder how much better the other models are...

I've owned two pairs of Sennheiser headphones so far, a pair of HD-570's which I later replaced with a pair of HD-595's. One of my friends has the similar HD-555's and likes them a lot. They're comfortable enough that I can wear them all day long and most of the time not even notice they're on my head, and audio quality is top notch.

Headphone buying tips: A lot of people seem to go gaga over noise canceling, but noise canceling will pretty much always give you less comfort and audio quality for the price. Only get noise canceling headphones if theres actual noise around you that, you know, needs canceling.

Also headsets are all pretty much garbage, if you want quality get separate headphones and microphones. :ssh:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Also headsets are all pretty much garbage, if you want quality get separate headphones and microphones. :ssh:

I see you and raise you Sennheiser PC 350

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Narxysus posted:

If you're talking wallets, I can recommend these:

http://www.dynomighty.com/products.php?s=mighty%20wallets

They ain't classy, and they don't do coins, but they're super thin (made of plastic but put together like paper, i.e. small fibers). Light and durable and cheap. I like mine because my wallet is only as thick as the contents - the wallet is negligible in width. I think I've had mine in daily use for about a year and it shows no signs of damage.

I've had one of these for two years now, and it's great. Holds up very nicely, holds all my cards and cash, and sometimes I get compliments from cashiers. :smug:

lanochediablo posted:

This little plastic book/laptop stand is the most versatile thing I've ever picked up from Ikea. It only cost $3 (its called 'Brada') and has more than paid for itself in reduced strain on my neck and eyes. I'll put a book on it and take notes on my desk without having to do much more than glance to the left.

I have this in yellow (because that makes a huge difference and I need to note it) and use it for the same things. It's really great. I've also found it's reduced strain on my wrists because it elevates my laptop's keyboard at an angle.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

People have been recommending other chapsticks and lip balms, but they're wrong. :colbert: Carmex is basically the best ever for both healing and preventing chapped and cracked lips, and even works for cold sores. It contains a mild analgesic so your lips feel nice and tingly and pain-free, which is something a lot of other lip balms don't do. Also comes in varieties that include light tints, mint and fruit flavors, and SPF protection. Plus the Facebook page keeps you updated with coupons and new products.

The only downside is the same as with all lip balms -- it has a tendency to mysterious disappear out of pockets and purses, but luckily I've found that couches and washing machines tend to spawn tubes of Carmex just when you need them!

Vector 7
Sep 29, 2010

Yeah... No... Yeah...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lilac
Dec 8, 2005

by Fistgrrl

http://www.qpadusa.com/products.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=6&category_id=1

I'll raise you these rebranded and modified beyerdynamics.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Vector 7 posted:

I came to post about the Zojirushi rice cooker, and wasn't surprised when I saw like five people already recommending it. I use it all the time, can't live without it, etc.

The day I broke my Zojirushi rice cooker during moving was the worst day of my life.

It only broke in '08, but we had bought it in Japan in 1985, and still looked and worked like new.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Headphone buying tips: A lot of people seem to go gaga over noise canceling, but noise canceling will pretty much always give you less comfort and audio quality for the price. Only get noise canceling headphones if theres actual noise around you that, you know, needs canceling.

If you work in an office, noise-cancelling headphones are great. They usually cancel low-frequency, continuous sounds, which is just what you get from fans, computers, air-conditioning and so on. You don't really how much background hum there is in an office until you switch them on and then you're in your own little world of peaceful silence.

SoyPancho
Oct 4, 2004
TOO FUCKING LAZY TO CHOOSE MY OWN CUSTOM TITLE

I couldn't agree more. Always take true isolation over any noise cancelling crap. That said, the best all purpose headphones I've ever used are Beyerdynamic DT-770's. They're built for the studio so the cable is quite long but the isolation is fantastic, they're very comfortable, and they sound amazing. I've had my pair for over 5 years and they've been to he'll and back without any problems.

I guess now they make a version without the really long cable but the look, to me, is gaudy and awful. The PRO model at the same price is what I'm used to.

http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT770-PRO-250-ohm/dp/B0006NL5SM/ref=pd_cp_e_1

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

That DICK! posted:

What is the best product for hair loss. :smith:

This was a bit further back, and this is fairly pricy, but Nioxin http://www.nioxin.com/en/home.aspx

It won't grow hair back, but it really slows down new hair loss. I've been using the shampoo/conditioner for a couple years now and can definitely notice it's working.

Also, iron vitamins, almost everyone who is balding has an iron deficiency, so it is worth a shot.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Etrips posted:

I see you and raise you Sennheiser PC 350

Gotta say, I own these and everything already said about the audio quality and comfort is true, but also the mic works incredibly well. Anything said is crisp, clear, and free of background noises. It's an amazing headset.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

That DICK! posted:

Propecia. Seriously, it works incredibly well. And if you decide to go that direction, you only need to take it every other day. It's just as effective and cuts the cost in half. (You're still looking at $500/year)

If it's too expensive, and you don't want to deal with the 4 hours you have to leave Rogaine on, there's research to show Ketaconazole (brand named Nizoral) shampoo works as well as rogaine, is cheaper and only needs to be used 2 times a week for 3-5 minutes at a time.

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009

Wynter posted:

The Utili-Key

I want a few of of these for myself and christmas gifts, anyone know of a site that ships to Europe without costing a fortune?

Entropicus
Oct 6, 2007

IF THERE'S AN OP, I DIDN'T READ IT. ALSO, I HAVE NEVER USED GOOGLE OR WIKIPEDIA. MIND IF I ASK A FEW QUESTIONS?
Since we did pencils
http://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Retractable-Ballpoint-Pen-22420/dp/B001BZ4RM0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290971534&sr=8-2

My favorite pen, for some reason the blue is smoother than the black. I have to write on tags with several carbon copies and its always transfers smoothly. Granted I cant use gel because it runs if the tags get rained on.

That and Im left handed so the ink tends to not dry fast enough.

Request: What facial moisturizer do you use Goons?
After I saw my mom have to get a silver dollar sized melanoma cut off her face Im all about some SPF in the mornings before I leave.

Ogg the clever
Mar 26, 2010

Astrobastard posted:

Roccat PC Peripherals

I can second this. I'm currently using the Kave headset, the Arvo keyboard, and I picked up the Kone mouse after my Razr diamondback died. After using the roccat stuff for a while, it would take a lot to make me go back to using other brands of 'gaming' stuff.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Entropicus posted:

Since we did pencils
http://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Retractable-Ballpoint-Pen-22420/dp/B001BZ4RM0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290971534&sr=8-2

My favorite pen, for some reason the blue is smoother than the black. I have to write on tags with several carbon copies and its always transfers smoothly. Granted I cant use gel because it runs if the tags get rained on.

http://www.zebrapen.com/products/pen/telescopic-brights?c=29, another Zebra pen, but it telescopes. I keep it in my pocket or bag all the time.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The Grado SR-60i is probably the best pair of headphones I've ever owned. I was sick and tired of buying $20 headphones that sounded like crap and broke after a few months, but at the same time the audiophiles with their thousand-dollar headphones and meaningless, placebo-driven quantification of sound wasn't for me, and this was a happy medium. I've heard that some people have Grados from the 50s that still work and I can believe it: these things are built sturdy, with thick rubber cables, and if they do break the design is so compartmentalized you can just have a single part replaced. They're open-air so they're not good for offices or traveling, but if you want a good set for a home computer and I've yet to find better durability for the price.

lamb posted:

Magic erasers are the best things ever if you have kids. They take scuffs off of walls, hard water stains off of faucets and clean soap scum with only water. They're the only product I can think of that I've bought for other people just because I was excited for them to try it.

Oh god yes. These things are invaluable in the classroom, I used to use nail polish remover to get pencil off of wood but these things do it just as well with only water.

stuph posted:

I honestly love my Sonicare Toothbrush more than anything else. I recently went out of town for 4 days and the difference between brushing with a normal toothbrush and with a Sonicare is night and day. You know how clean and fresh your mouth feels after just coming from a cleaning at the dentist's office? Buy a Sonicare, use it for the full cycle and you can feel like that every day. Even after brushing for 4+ minutes with a normal brush I felt like I had a dirty mouth and my teeth were covered in junk. It's just a completely different world of mouth cleaning. I actually got mine as a present, but now that I know I'd happily drop a hundred bucks or more to buy a new one if mine were to break.

Along the same lines, my wife has a Clarisonic Mia (same company as the sonicare) and tells me it's the same for her face. I've tried it and I'm not as much of a fan, but she loves it.

Just a heads-up, oscillate-rotate brushes are more effective than sonic brushes. I've been using the Braun Professional Care for years and it still works great (and I've had no cavities since I got it, even though I don't brush as much as I should) but the Oral-B kind is comparable as well.

As for requests: what's a good durable brand of sock I could get? I usually buy the big $10 bag of tube socks from the store and I wear a hole in the big toe after a few months without fail, at this point I'm willing to pay more just to not have to deal with it anymore.

Immortal Wombat
Jan 19, 2005

Everliving Marsupial
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 are the best gaming headphones in the world (or at least they were a year ago when I got them, they might have brought out newer ones since)

They have the best soundstage of any headphones that don't cost like $1000 - what this means is that footsteps sound like they are coming from a realistic distance and direction and greatly aid positional audio when you're sneaking up on people or whatever.

Twinned with a Zalman ZM-Mic1 they piss all over any other gaming headset including the Sennheiser PC350 (which I have tried - overpriced for their lacklustre performance)

However, for listening to music or movies the 700s don't have very good bass.

Beaters
Jun 28, 2004

SOWING SEEDS
OF MISERY SINCE 1937
FRYING LIKE A FRITO
IN THE SKILLET
OF HADES
SINCE 1975

That DICK! posted:

Finasteride.

Fremry posted:

Propecia. [i.e. finasteride] Seriously, it works incredibly well. And if you decide to go that direction, you only need to take it every other day. It's just as effective and cuts the cost in half. (You're still looking at $500/year)

If it's too expensive[...]

Hint: Get your doc to write a scrip for generic finasteride -- the stuff used for prostate issues. Then cut the tablets into quarters, and presto: you have the equivalent of 4x as many Propecia tabs. I get mine generic at Costco Pharmacy for about $50 for 90 tablets -- way cheaper than the brand name stuff. So that works out to $50 per year by your dosage schedule.

Beaters has a new favorite as of 22:39 on Nov 28, 2010

redpython
Sep 17, 2006

You remind me of the babe!
I have moody skin and it is also VERY pale. I HATE trying to find foundation that doesn't make my face look darker than my neck. I also hate the feeling of a lot of makeup on my face. I tried Benefit's Some-kind-of-Gorgeous lite and it's PERFECTION. More expensive than I would normally consider but I will never buy another foundation again. It's lite weight, light colored, and makes my skin silky and soft.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=469668&CategoryID=53205

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
As far as a good pen goes, I can't recommend Fisher Space Pens enough. Designed by NASA to work in a vacuum. They have a pressurized ink cartridge that allows you to write on literally anything, in any condition. Never run out of ink writing on a bulletin board. Make a note on oily paper as if it were fresh off the press. I always had one on me when I was in the military. And now they make one that attaches to a keychain! Apparently if you order from the website it comes with a carabiner and breakaway lanyard so you can hook it to a belt loop. I used one of their "bullet pens" for a long time but I was always misplacing it. I think I'm going to order one of these now.

http://www.spacepen.com/trekker-1.aspx

Oh, and since we were on the subject of pencils earlier, here's my entry for "loving awesome" pencil. The Pentel SideFX.

I really like side-click automatics because I don't have to shift my grip to get more lead. The retractable eraser is quite big and lasts a long time, the pencil itself is extremely comfortable and just the right weight, and the side button has a really satisfying feel. The body of the pen holds quite a lot of extra lead too so I don't have to refill it often.

Behold the best loving stapler you'll ever use. Regular staplers are clunky and entirely dependent on arm strength to push the staples through a few sheets of paper -up to 30 psi of pressure- and then they don't even work that well sometimes. But this guy is different. He's got the power of springs and poo poo. A mere 8 psi of driving force will drive through 20 sheets of paper. You can just push down with a finger and it does the rest. A must-have if you are a student, writer, administrator, event planner, whatever.

http://www.paperpro.com/products/desktop_stapler.html

MegaCharger
Jul 12, 2006
Animate
Can someone recommend me a product that would let me painlessly remove a velcro tape on a lovely Ikea desk without destroying said lovely desk?

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

MegaCharger posted:

Can someone recommend me a product that would let me painlessly remove a velcro tape on a lovely Ikea desk without destroying said lovely desk?

Glue gone?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Xenoid posted:

Glue gone?

Goo Gone. That stuff is amazing.

Also that utilikey thing posted on page one looks really nice, I might pick one up. So, thanks, thread.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

4steve posted:

I would totally recommend a fixed monthly budget strategy to anyone. Split your wages into 3 chunks on a spreadsheet; a chunk to live off (allow for a few luxuries), a chunk to pay your bills, and a chunk to go into a savings account. I've gone from owing £3k on credit cards and overdrafts to being well in the black after 10 months of doing this and I don't earn a lot. The great thing is the savings I've got effectively replace the need to have a credit card. So yeah, spreadsheets are awesome!

Can you please share the template that you use to do this? I'm pretty bad at making spreadsheets. :(

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Xenoid posted:

Glue gone?

Protip: heat the velcro/sticker/whatever up with a hair dryer first.

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006

IRQ posted:

Goo Gone. That stuff is amazing.

Also that utilikey thing posted on page one looks really nice, I might pick one up. So, thanks, thread.

Yeah that. I've also used it to clean CPUs if you needed a goony use for it.

OneZeroSix
Apr 5, 2009

Rodgers Shoryukening the Steelers FTW

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

Clear Care Contact Case/Solution

Yeah ClearCare is amazing, anyone with contacts should be using it, even if you think your contacts feel ok. I used to be one of those guys who couldn't stand having contacts in for a few hours, but now I can have a twelve hour day in them with no problems.

For you chapped-lip people, use Vaseline before you go to bed and you probably won't need chap-stick during the day, your lips will feel completely normal, haven't used chap-stick in years because of it. Same with hands, Vaseline before bed and your hands are set for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spoonfulofwhoopass
Feb 11, 2010

OneZeroSix posted:

Yeah ClearCare is amazing, anyone with contacts should be using it, even if you think your contacts feel ok. I used to be one of those guys who couldn't stand having contacts in for a few hours, but now I can have a twelve hour day in them with no problems.

For you chapped-lip people, use Vaseline before you go to bed and you probably won't need chap-stick during the day, your lips will feel completely normal, haven't used chap-stick in years because of it. Same with hands, Vaseline before bed and your hands are set for the day.

Yes. These two things are part of what I came to post. My lips get chapped the minute the weather gets cold, and Vaseline always takes care of it.

For actual content, I don't care what anyone says about Apple, my MacBook is absolutely fantastic. I bought it in November of 2007, and I have not had one single problem with it except for a crack in the screen that was 100% my fault. Three years of straight use, and I have never once regretted it. I paid $1000 for it with a student discount and it's been worth every penny.

For ladies (or gentlemen) with long hair of the thick variety, Tresemme makes a Smooth and Shiny conditioner that's really wonderful. I used Pantene for years, but Tresemme is way cheaper (I get almost double what Pantene gives for a dollar more). It's really effective and keeps me from looking like Roseanne Rosannadanna, which is always a plus.

• Locked thread