Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
Roccat PC Peripherals

I have the above headset and keyboard (2nd and 3rd pics), and I can honestly say that this stuff is incredibly solid and amazing quality PC hardware, you can tell the quality of the stuff as soon as you take it out the box. Still don't need/want to replace the Naga Mouse though. Basically great German engineering at a reasonable price. Absolutely rapes the Razer Tarantula/MS Sidewinder (and I loved that loving keyboard), and the Creative Fatality HS-1000 headset I used to use.

I'll be buying their stuff for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Just jumping in to second the recommendation for Skullcandy earbuds. You can basically get a pair at whatever price you want and they're still going to be good. I've found that the style and build of the earbud is many times more important anyway. For example:

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/2011-smokin-buds-black-black
These are decent, but the hard plastic hanging down from the bud makes it harder to keep it in my ear. I have issues with it coming loose. This isn't good since the sound isn't funneling in as well and the benefit of in-the-ear earbuds is lost.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/2011-riot-black-black-micd
Buds in this style are lighter and fit better, in my experience. I got a cheaper pair of these and I've noticed a slight reduction in quality, but they stay in place. This results in much better sound in the long run since you don't have to re-adjust every 50 feet when you're walking.

These are just my experiences. Maybe I'm wearing the first one wrong :downs:

I bought a pair of the Skullcandy earbuds about a year ago, and after about a month (don't get me wrong, I just wrapped them around my Zune for "storage") but while I was using them, one of the small metal meshes that actually covers the speaker part in the centre of the rubber bit actually came off, in my ear canal. I had to hold my head to the left and twat the right side of my head for about 30 seconds before it came out.

I complained to their customer service with a few pictures and they actually sent me a pair of the larger headphones "Skull Candy HESH" for free. It was appreciated but that kinda pissed me off as I bough in ear ones for a reason (to wrap them around my Zune) and they just loving broke at the typical weak plastic joint that plagues most headphones, about a month later.

Their customer service was surprisingly good, but god drat the build quality is terrible from my experience. I'm sure there are people that use them with no problems, but I've never had so much trouble with products from one company in such a short space of time it put me off them for life.

Edit: I should probably add some kind of recommendation. I use cheaper in-ear style headphones while im at work and travelling with the mp3 player, I save the more expensive stuff for home. I just got some sony in-ear style ones (MDR-EX32LP - ) and they've lasted 7 months with no issues so far.

At home I use the Roccat Kave Headset for Gaming and Acoustic Energy Aego 2.1 speakers that are mindblowingly good. They're much, much better than any logitech/creative 2.1's I've used in the past although the price jump was hard to deal with I'd say it's one of the best purchases I've made -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustic-Energy-AE26-06B-active-speaker/dp/B000MN96T6

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Jan 2, 2012

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

syrairc posted:

This Logitech cam is the best one I've ever used. Video is great and the microphone is ridiculously good for a webcam.

Yeah I've had a Microsoft lifecam "Studio" AND "Cinema" both crap out on me, I now use a Logitech C525 and the thing is awesome, and Logitech has amazing customer service.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Scott Bakula posted:

I've bought an Asus Xonar DGX for my PC to use with my Sennheiser headphones, however my old speaker system is pretty old and battered and could also do with replacing. Can anyone recommend anything that I suppose costs between £50-100?

I also bought a nice ASUS Xonar DX a while back and bought a set of these to replace my lovely creative set. Best purchase I've made for my computer, I can't believe how good these things sound, although they may be over your budget a bit.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Acoustic-Energy-Aego-M-Speakers_Peripheral_review

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Etrips posted:

Are you hooking it up to a computer? If so just grab any webcam and either sign up for logmein (costs money after a month but you can remote in to your computer) or setup a free account with ustream.tv to stream them. I do the combination of both so my wife and I can watch our dogs while we are away from home.

Seconding this, we just use a free UStream account and a Logitech C525 webcam and stream all the time we're out of the house to monitor the dog(s seizures).
EDIT - I use TeamViewer on Android so that I can use my computer while out, just incase the stream goes down or the PC gets rebooted for whatever reason

ALTERNATIVELY
http://petcube.com/

• Locked thread