Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baddog
May 12, 2001

Cheesus Christ posted:

A while ago you could get Prime for free by entering a ".edu" email address. I did it that way... don't know if its still available.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Shadowmage posted:

REI is the most overpriced store that I've been in. I took a look over the summer at their Clearance section, and they were selling t-shirts there for $20. $20 for a t-shirt, in the Clearance section.

Their return policy is awesome, even if you aren't abusing it (Isaac, sounds like you were pushing it man!). I mean, a decent chunk of gear fails under hard use quickly, even if it is good stuff. They just take it all back, no questions asked. And its a co-op, so you get a "dividend check" every year.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

I have these Sennheiser earbuds and I really like them a lot. They were only $30 when I bought them, but they have been so enjoyable that I would happily pay $40 for them. They come with three different sizes of squishy stuff so they'll fit whatever shaped ear canal you have, and the audio has been really good so far. Only con- the cord is very short, perhaps three feet max.

Sennheiser is plagued by counterfeits. I found out after I got stuck with some (although they are really good counterfeits and I got 'em pretty cheap, so its not too bad!).

I was eyeballing the ones on amazon for gifts, but after reading reviews, looks like people are complaining about getting bad ones from a1Accessories and HeadphoneJack (the people selling them for cheap on amazon). The good reviews are from when amazon itself or other 3rd parties were selling them.

Newegg is an authorized retailer for Sennheiser though, and they usually have decent prices.

I got these klipsh's for a gift instead, I have some myself, and the controls on the cord work really well for iphone 3gs and 4. On the older iphones the volume controls don't work, but the other control is still pretty handy, and the quality is very good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00264GYMG

Baddog
May 12, 2001

b0nes posted:

http://www.freedompop.com lets you get free WiMax internet if they have it in your area, they have a backpack that fits on a 4th Gen iPod Touch. You just pay a deposit for the equipment.

This looks insanely awesome. Too bad it appears I am just barely outside of their coverage. I would love to ditch my iphone+ridiculously overpriced voice, text, and data plans for an ipod and this.

• Locked thread