Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
zerk
Aug 23, 2007

Does anybody know if USPS/FedEx/UPS scan/open packages when mailing packages between states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Every soup ladled to the hungry, every blanket draped over the cold signifies, in the final sense, a theft from my gigantic paycheck.

Could you make it a little less obvious you're asking how to ship drugs via mail?

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh

No they don't have drug sniffing dogs or drug scanners or anything, they will GLADLY take your package and mail your illicit substances!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Don't worry, postal inspectors won't gently caress you up or anything.

zerk
Aug 23, 2007

Who cares what I'm shipping, if you don't have an answer then don't post..

nozz
Jan 27, 2007

proficient pringle eater

zerk posted:

Who cares what I'm shipping, if you don't have an answer then don't post..

They do not. I am an employee of USPS, FedEX and UPS.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

FUCK
YOU
MUTHAFUCKA

If it's suspicious, FedEX and UPS have the authority to check the contents of your package at their own discretion. USPS, being a government body, has to obtain a warrant before opening the package.

So yes, any of them can open it, but USPS has to go through a lot of bullshit to do it so they are probably safest if you were shipping something you shouldn't be shipping.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

UPS:

quote:

Right of Inspection
UPS reserves the right in its sole discretion to open and inspect any package tendered to it for transportation, but is not required to do so.

Fedex:

quote:

Inspection of Shipments
We may, at our sole discretion, open and inspect any shipment without notice.

It varies for USPS; some classes of mail are protected and others aren't. So when you take your mail to the post office and buy postage, be sure to ask the worker there if they will be able to open and search your package. The regulations change frequently and USPS doesn't update their site quickly, so asking is the best way to get current information.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

FUCK
YOU
MUTHAFUCKA

Also, you shouldn't be shipping drugs through the mail, you'll get caught eventually. Just FYI.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Another important thing to note is that if you mail drugs/weapons/anything illegal and they find out, your recipient will also be in trouble. Usually they leave a package note, and they call the authorities when they come and pick it up.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Even trying to narrow it down to specific events is problematic.
Was Danzig or War right or wrong?
Was the Holocaust right or wrong?
It clearly has elements of both. Trying to cast super broad concepts in yes/ no terms is argumentative reductionism.

Don't ask an easily discoverable question and then get snarky with people after they do your work for you.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Send it in the mail and write "do not open - not drugs" on the package. Then it is actually illegal for anyone to open it.

Johnny Walker
Jun 14, 2005

I've got a home for
Bloggers Let's exchange
ideas,stories and photos
with friendly writers
and editors.

Methodis posted:

Another important thing to note is that if you mail drugs/weapons/anything illegal and they find out, your recipient will also be in trouble. Usually they leave a package note, and they call the authorities when they come and pick it up.
The trick they use is shipping it to unsuspecting people then picking it up off their front porch before they get home.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...8080602795.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

I'll check the contents of your package if you know what I mean