Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bearpowers
Nov 6, 2011
I'm looking into a U2312HM, my budget for a monitor is around $300.

Reviews seem pretty positive, but I did see a few mentions of bleeding, although they were in the minority.

Can anyone comment on this?

Also is there a better monitor in my range you think?

23/24 inch is my ideal, I don't play any fast faced games so IPS would be nice as I enjoy good colors+black levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearpowers
Nov 6, 2011

...! posted:

I just got mine. I'm happy with it so far. I haven't noticed any bleeding but I haven't really been looking for any.

Ah, well that's good to know.

Thanks for your input, man.

Bearpowers
Nov 6, 2011
So I'm debating between 2 IPS monitors

The Dell U2312HM and the Asus PA248Q.

Now there have been a few, not many reports of backlight bleed which worry me.

While I have seen zero mention of bleed for the Dell U2312HM.

Does anyone here have a Asus PA248Q?

Bearpowers
Nov 6, 2011

Squibbles posted:

That's not going to happen as far as I know. 1080p is the standard resolution for all 24" monitors that don't cost a zillion bucks as far as I know. You might get lucky and find a 1920x1200 for $200+ I guess.

What I think is dumb is that 1080p IS the standard for monitors given that tablets and smartphones are coming out now with close to that resolution on a much much smaller screen :(

Stupid monitor industry.

HTC J Butterfly has a 5 inch 1080p SLCD3 display.

And yet we have to rely on Korean imports to get higher for less than 400 bucks.

poo poo makes no sense.