Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Cmon, U2311H! go on sale again.

Do it, so I can buy you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Wow, I was about to buy it for more the other day. Glad I waited.

What is the reasoning behind the huge price break? Are they trying to move the last of a production line, or perhaps going to discontinue this model shortly?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The Dell ebay store now has the 22" Dell Ultra Sharp for $199.99, so the $199.99 U2311Hs were almost certainly a pricing error. Congrats to everyone who caught one in time, as it probably will never be that price again.

200 for its little brother isn't a bad deal, though.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

fuseshock posted:

I ordered my U2311H from that eBay deal on 1/07 and got it today. Oddly enough on the status tracking it says in production with estimated delivery of 1/17, what the hell.

Anyways, holy poo poo it's awesome. The colors are much better than my laptop LCD and way better than my old VGA 19".

did you get a shipping confirmation or anything? Wondering when mine is gonna get here

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think I might be nearing time for a monitor upgrade. Currently using a Dell U2311H from about 5 or 6 years ago, and it still holds up pretty well. Next gen of technology is here, though, and I could use a faster response rate for some of the stuff I play.

I'm thinking 24" or 27" 144hz with 1ms of response time. 1440p probably starts getting expensive, and I don't think they even make a 4k monitor that does 144hz yet, do they? I question if my machine is strong enough to get the full advantages of 144hz though - I have a GTX 760, an i5-4690, and 16 gigs of RAM. I would probably also use the monitor for ps4/xbone related stuff, my TV is pretty old and not the best option anymore. Thoughts, thread? Do I upgrade to something on the cheaper spectrum of better to hold me off for another year or two, then go ham? Or do I get something beefer now and expect to use it for the next 5 years?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I need some monitor stand/mount advice for two different things.

1) I have a 27" Acer Predator monitor that I am maining, and an older Dell Ultrasharp 23" IPS monitor. The current arrangement is like a an upside down L, with the Acer in front and the Dell to my left. I'd like to maybe mount the Dell on top of the Acer, angled slighly. What are my options for doing this? The desk is in front of a window, which has a sil, so there is no wall to mount anything to, but a clamp to the back of the desk or mount standing on the sil would be fair game.

2) I also have a Dell touch screen monitor that is plopped on my desk flat, and used like a tablet. Is there some kind of stand I could use that would let me use it similar to the way I do now (still mostly flat), but tiled at a 25-30 or so degree angle?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Are there any 60hz 4k monitors @ 32 in size that aren't garbage these days? Looking to maybe add one to my desktop. Gaming will still be done on my 27in 144hz gsync monitor, but it might be nice to have a 32 incher for multimedia/etc.

edit: so hard to find accurate reviews of random monitors without ending up on shady sites i've never heard of that may or may not have my best interests in mind. Is there any reputable site that has accurate, up to date comparisons?

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 27, 2019

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Rat posted:

I've been mostly happy with my refurb BenQ PD3200U. It did die on me within 3 weeks of having it, but since getting back from warranty RMA it's been solid. Flickers sometimes, but color accuracy is great.

Also FYI I got a coupon from BenQ in my inbox yesterday that's 25% off refurb monitors from their outlet site. Coupon code is RANDOM25 in case it helps.

Doesn't seem like that code works, for whatever reason. Shame, because getting one of those monitors for under 400 bucks would be a pretty good buy, it sounds like.

I am still very indecisive.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Anyone have anything to say about this monitor?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K3P7ZBS/

Apparently it goes on sale at Costco sometimes for $270, though $299 for a 32" 4k that doesn't SEEM to have any major flaws is already sounding good. Mostly want to use it for general use/watching stuff, as I still have a 1440p monitor that is way superior spec-wise for gaming.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Selious posted:

I picked this up a couple months ago and will likely return it. My main monitor is a Dell 24" 144hz gsync and I wanted to use this as a second media monitor, but the size difference alone was quite a bit to get used to. Also there is the issue with Nvidia gpus and different frame rates on displays, if I full-screen anything on the 60hz it will weirdly mess with the refresh rate on one or both of the monitors.

Picture is generally nice, but I guess I'm too used to 144hz and I see the framiness/smearing between the frames enough for it to be a bother.

I feel that Nvidia problem on my current monitors (1x144hz and 1x60hz), not sure if there is a fix for it, unfortunately. Anything specific to say about the monitor itself in terms of shortcommings?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

..btt posted:

I only get this behaviour when playing certain full screen video in chrome in combination with g-sync. The same video in firefox, or anything in a real video player has never been a problem for me. Don't know if that's what you guys are talking about, but if it is it seems like it's a chrome issue, not an Nvidia one. Could affect certain other apps as well I suppose.

If for example I am playing Overwatch on my main monitor, and some sort of activity happens on another monitor (facebook message in chrome, chatting on discord, etc), my FPS is liable to drop from 144 to like 80 until I switch to whatever application has activity happening on the other monitor and minimize it. Also, trying to watch multiple instances on video on different monitors (IE multiple twitch streams) will create all kinds of lag and slowdown. That might be a Chrome issue, though.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So this beast dropped:

The AORUS FV43U 43" 4K 144Hz HDR1000 Gaming Monitor

I've been waiting for it for a while now. Was expecting a much higher price than 999 USD tbh. Is this possibly the first non-lovely 4k 144hz gaming monitor (that could also be a beast for 4k media with its 43" size)?

Is there a monitor arm that even exists that could hold two of these guys either side by side or top/bottom? There has to be some kind of drawback.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Prob asked often, but I can't search through the thread.

If I have a 4k display, a 1440p display, and a 1080p display running together in windows 11, how do I eliminate the blurry font/text in stuff like properties windows? It appears that it isn't scaling text properly for all displays.