Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I'm currently running a Dell 2209WA. Would upgrading to a U3212HM be at all worth it, or should I just wait and try to catch the U2412M on the low sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Dave Mustard posted:

I've decided to get the 2312, where's the sale at?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=ultrasharp_monitor

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Aphal posted:

I agree with the second point, though. You'll be going from 1680x1050 to 1920x1080 - not really an upgrade (though I'm one of those 16:10 supremacists.) I would wait for a U2412M on sale - you already have a great monitor.

That was my thought as well. Only getting an additional 30 vertical pixels really didn't seem worth it. It just seemed like such a great deal I'd be an idiot to pass it up. My main concern now is how much of a framerate hit I'm going to see if I go from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 on my 6950 2GB.