Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Shadowhand00 posted:

Stuff

Tried googling this crossfire model (sorry if it's in the dropbox pdf - at work and won't open) and can't find any info. I'm assuming it's the same panel just better casing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Shmoogy posted:

My Korean 27 inch 1440P IPS monitor arrived today: 0 dead pixels/stuck pixels, no light bleeding, $371 shipped to the US.

Only "downside" is that I didn't get one of the ones that can unofficially support 97hz refresh rate.

Yeah those appear to be possible with the Feb builds. All the March builds appear to be (at least what I've read) only able to do 60. I opted for the Crossover. No real reviews yet on it but the adjustable height/pivot looked good. If it does manage to get over 60, I'll see it as a bonus. Fact remains: 1440p IPS monitor for just over 400 US is amazing.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Purchased a Crossover monitor a couple weeks ago and got it delivered on Monday. This thing is gorgeous. Playing BF3 at 2560x1440 resolution with a 7950 makes me in awe everytime I join a game. I have one dead pixel that shows up green when on black (sadly it's almost in the center) but I only really notice it when windows is booting up. Not a big concern and haven't really tried anything to fix it. The glossy screen makes the colours so much more vibrant. Just like cliffy mentioned, if you can handle having a dead pixel (you may not get any), then definately get this monitor given it's price. No remorse whatsoever.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Trying to decide what's the best method of switching between my Computer monitor and TV with the PS4/Computer without the need to constantly be plugging and unplugging the hdmi cables.

I'm guessing I'll need to HDMI switches? Ultimatly I'd want to be able to switch between the TV and Monitor with either the PS4 (when I get it) and Computer.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Mr.Radar posted:

HDMI is single-link only so you wouldn't be able to run at native resolution (and if you get a model that doesn't have a scaler you'd be screwed as they don't run at non-native res).

So if I have one of the Korean 27" monitors that doesn't have a scaler, will it not work full stop or will it just have black areas around the screen (since I'd be playing a 720/1080 on a 1440 screen)?

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Guys I need your Monitor expertise since I can't seem to find anything via Google

I have a Korean IPS 27" - Crossover and it doesn't have a scaler built in. I want to eventually hookup a PS4 to it. I know I can't do this directly with the lack of a scaler and getting rid/replacing the monitor isn't an option. I'm fine with having black areas on my screen given the PS4 goes up to 1080p. Is there anything I can buy (external scaler/capture card?) that will allow it to work with no lag?

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Right so after trying a 27" IPS 1080p monitor and being unhappy with lack of pixels, I'm returning it for a 23/24" monitor.

What I need is a 23/24" monitor, 1080p, IPS. I would go with the dell u23 but I'm not a fan of the coating on it. Is there any comparable monitors with a glossy coating instead?

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Lblitzer posted:

I just bought myself the Dell S2340m last night and I like it a lot. I've got it next to my old Acer S231HL and it's weird looking at one then switching to the other, but I'm hoping to get another Dell to replace that one soon. I'm a big fan of glossy screens and the color quality is amazing compared to my Acer.

Cheers for this. Fits the bill and just ordered. I know I've been spoiled with a 1440p but with my PC not as powerful to fully utilise it for games and me shifting to console gaming over PC gaming (want to hook this up to my PS4), it makes sense to move to 1080p.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
What are my options for a 32" 4k monitor with low input lag (less than 10) with HDMI 2.0 port(s) I can hook up my PS4 Pro to and use as an increased workspace for my macbook pro?

I was looking at the Qnix UHD325 but not sure if it'll work with my PS4 Pro (don't think it's HDMI 2.0).

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

I saw that but it says it only has 30hz over HDMI, not 60hz

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Think I'm going to scrap the 32" idea and go with a 27" LG:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-27UD68P-27-Inch-Monitor-Silver/dp/B01D7OZR2G/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Anyone know roughly how long after a product is shown at CES that it's available to purchase?

Reason I ask is LG is planning to reveal a 32" 4k monitor with 10 HDR:

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2016/12/lgs-newest-most-exciting-4k-hdr-monitors-coming-to-ces-2017/