Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
With a coupon I can get the Dell ST2320L for $135. This seems like a fairly good deal, I mostly just do email, write documentation and a little bit of programming on the side so I don't really need anything fancy and I'll probably be picking up 2 for the extra space.

Anything I should be wary of? I had no idea monitors were getting that low in price, especially with an LED backlight.

shaitan fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Thanks!

Yeah, I figure I don't need an IPS panel for my needs, I don't watch TV or play games on my computer and I wanted to spend less than $300 to get back my dual screens. This will look loads better than my 1024x768 CRT I've been using the last few years. I'm sold, ordered 2, should be rocking the dualies in about a week.

I don't see the point of having one great display if you aren't doing anything that utilizes it.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

OneZeroSix posted:

Ok I know the OP said that DVI and HDMI are basically the same, but are there any advantages with HDMI over DVI? My monitor has a HDMI port, and my graphics card has two DVI ports. I was wondering if I got a DVI-HDMI cable and hooked that up would it make a noticeable difference over my current DVI-DVI cable? I watch HD movies on this monitor so being able to enhance the quality of video even a little bit would be nice.

HDMI is DVI but with an audio channel, that's the difference. So no, you wouldn't see a difference between the two.