Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelfMyselp
Nov 2, 2004

Dude, check it. It's a trash can. And a rollerblade.

Now shovel some cheese curls into my trash hole...
My Dell 2007WFP is showing signs of discoloration at the top of the screen. I originally through it was image retention from a certain high contrast background, but the yellowish tint has continually moved downward over the last four weeks or so. These pics aren't great, I know, but it's the best I can do for now.

The discoloration shows up best (worst?) against a dark background, which is proving hard to capture via camera. There are very clear dots in some sections with the bottom of the "u" shape being most prominent.

What could it be? Is it image retention despite the fact I've used a solid color background for the last month? A glue leak of some kind slowly seeping through? Something else? I imagine I won't be able to fix it no matter what it ends up being.

I'm looking at a Dell U2312HM to replace it down the road. That's a logical choice, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU