Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Actually I only had the demo disc. :shobon: the loadout was limited to amrams, sidewinders, jdams and my gun of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:munch:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729768

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

So I guess instead of having an aircraft recognition handbook the Soviets just spray-painted the relevant details on the sides of their ships?

Well, you have to admit it's fairly hard to lose that recognition aid. :v:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Psion posted:

Yeah, I played both DA and HT a couple months back. I was astonished. And now KOTOR2 gets an update.

it's a weird world these days

Oh awesome, I've always been meaning to play those and I've been jonesing for a good RTS lately. To GoG I go.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

That's just the ship from Space 1999 :colbert:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Slap enough JATO bottles to anything and it'll get airborne off of a flat top. :colbert:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tremblay posted:

Zuh? Sending a LHD/A out for HADR sure, but having the boat provide power to shore sites?

Totally anecdotal but I seem to recall news stories mentioning the ships providing power to shore in disaster relief situations, but I didn't have any hard evidence. On my phone or I'd search.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

In my heart it's a replica of Mr Powers' U-2. :allears:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Now, now, lets get some proper escalation going here. I need sprawling dogfights over some desert. Shaky-cam footage of some migrant boats drifting through the frame while a mushroom cloud rises over a carrier battlegroup in the distance, etc.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Boomerjinks posted:

Any day is a good day for rocket volleys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs36PwdOJ-I

No explosions. One big cocktease of a video.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

That dude rules. Look here the permit says I can install a tank and this is a tank.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I lived in Tucson for a (lovely) year and had no idea that silo was out there. :smith: Never got a chance to see the boneyard either.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

So you can totally take that and stick in in the console at the museum, right? :v: That is one neat souvenir.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Podothehobbit posted:

That would be a fun experiment! Especially since they have some sort of klaxon alarm tied to the key ignition to alert museum goers that the missile "launched" haha

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Sure, but they already keep one in there. The control room panels are set up to simulate a launch as part of the tours.

Best museum ever :allears:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Reminder that dubya served in the military.

Lol yeah a cushy TxANG posting arranged by daddy, thx for the service prez shrub.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Mr. Showtime posted:

Yeah, sometimes: http://www.f-16.net/f-22-news-article3373.html

More commonly, people get to fight the fuckers at (e.g.) Red Flag:

I gotta say I much prefer that quote of yours versus the canned pr speak in the article, more of that please. :allears:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

feedmegin posted:

The National Air and Space Museum in DC has something like that too, fwiw.

They yelled at me for spending like half the flying time inverted :v:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

White Phosphorus posted:

Improperly disposed of chemical weapons are a huge problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_CHASE

Cleaning this up is going to be a bitch.

quote:

CHASE 1[edit]
The mothballed C-3 Liberty ship John F. Shafroth was taken from the National Defense Reserve Fleet at Suisun Bay and towed to the Concord Naval Weapons Station for stripping and loading.[1] A major fraction of the munitions in CHASE 1 was Bofors 40 mm gun ammunition from the Naval Ammunition Depot at Hastings, Nebraska.[1] CHASE 1 also included bombs, torpedo warheads, naval mines, cartridges, projectiles, fuzes, detonators, boosters, overage UGM-27 Polaris motors, and a quantity of contaminated cake mix an army court had ordered dumped at sea.[1] Shafroth was sunk 47 miles off San Francisco on 23 July 1964 with 9799 tons of munitions.[1]

Just what as that cake mix contaminated with? :raise:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Must be Calvin's school district and they're going preemptive, there's chatter about Tyrannosaur's in F-16's don't you know.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Putin's been able to deflect virtually all criticism by simply denying it until it's no longer inconvenient to admit it. The government has such solid control over Russian media that a pretty loving huge portion of the country is firmly under the thumb of propaganda. Evidence that Putin and his buddies have been engaging in dubious financial gain? "Western NATO pig dogs are lying! Even if true, it's only fair because western NATO pig dogs are even more evil and lynch black people."

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2016/apr/04/kremlin-reaction-putin-dmitry-peskov-panama-papers-putinphobia

quote:

The Kremlin has dismissed revelations contained in the Panama Papers as “Putinphobia” and said that journalists investigating the Russian president’s financial affairs had “found out little new”.

Dmitry Peskov, Putin’s spokesman, said on Monday that the publication of leaked offshore files from the Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca was designed to “destabilise the situation in Russia ahead of elections”.

:v:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if some agency told them "um, you can't plant a non-native species on Federal land!" or something.

Still pretty funny though.

One would think this is something the dozens of levels of Dept. of State folks involved in a foreign head of state visit would iron out ahead of time, yeah?

*one light flickering in an empty office building*

Oh, right..

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

No fuckin' way. That's great... WE'VE LANDED ON THE loving MOON!

One of my favorite Onion pieces ever.

And totally my reaction if I was on the moon. HOLY LIVING poo poo YOU GUYS

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Surely there exists a plane with the payload to sport a bottom-side Triple 16" turret. :black101:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

A quarter million pounds each?! Holy poo poo! Okay, nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

JcDent posted:

We still need to introduce Havoc launchers on tanks or make even make ATGM Caliopes/Meteors because it's cool.

Maybe attach a MANPAD to an RWS.

ATGM Calliope? Not big enough, an M1 with a rack of rocket propelled CBU-97's on top.

BLU-108's for everyone! :buddy: