Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I just pop the batteries out when I'm done with it. The little battery door on mine is broken so its really easy/quick.

I know I'd lose it if I did that

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You leave the controller alone and it turns itself off after about 15 minutes. That's the way it's supposed to work.

I'm sure it doesn't use a ton of power when idling, but that is the most stupid "working as intended" thing.

There is no good reason to make a battery powered device without a hard on/off switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
If you hold the guide button down for like 10 seconds or whatever it should turn the controller off.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Sab669 posted:

I know I'd lose it if I did that
Popping the battery cover open then shutting it again does the trick too! It's really annoying you can't just turn the thing off.

Although, protip, turns out that when the Xbox light starts flashing (assuming it's not just pairing with the computer) and won't stop that's the one and only indicator that the battery levels may be low! Took me forever to find out what that meant. Well, I probably could have googled it, but effort and all that.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Anyone having issues with DS4 and better DS4? For some reason I can't use it on games outside Steam like Fifa 17 where it registers double imputs and checking the "hide BetterDS4" doesn't help. Is kinda weird that I can pair a DS4 and play emulators on my tablet perfectly but I can't play wired without issues on my PC.

I followed step by step BetterDS4's instructions but I can't get it to work perfectly.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Guillermus posted:

Anyone having issues with DS4 and better DS4? For some reason I can't use it on games outside Steam like Fifa 17 where it registers double imputs and checking the "hide BetterDS4" doesn't help. Is kinda weird that I can pair a DS4 and play emulators on my tablet perfectly but I can't play wired without issues on my PC.

I followed step by step BetterDS4's instructions but I can't get it to work perfectly.

Maybe the DS4 is already recognized natively in Fifa? Some games work with the DS4 natively, maybe look around the forums for Fifa to see if that's the case. Or just try running the game without BetterDS4 running?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I tried to disable BetterDS4 but it seems that either Fifa17 or something in my OS (win10 x64) is making it act weird. Will do more testing and see what the hell happens. Not a huge deal since I own both a Logitech F310 and a wired 360 pad for my PC but wanted to use the DS4 for the better dpad on certain games.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

if you're playing through steam that has an option to hijack controller input for non steam controllers now, you may have to disable that.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Has anyone been able to get DS4s in Steam working over bluetooth? It works just fine wired, but it doesn't seem to detect it after pairing with the OS. I'm using my fancy motherboard's built in wifi/blootooth which I assume is at least the equivalent of a mediocre USB adapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Here's a longshot: There's a really ugly gradient overlay on Assassin's Creed Brotherhood that's supposed to simulate sunlight from above but it just looks like poo poo mostly. There's been a fix going around on PC for a while: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/46qam6/white_gradient_fix_for_pc_players_assassins_creed/

However, there was a patch a day or two ago for the early AC games on PC to update Uplay and another few miscellaneous things, like fixing Xbone controller support and adding in some free DLC for Brotherhood that never came out on Steam. This, unfortunately, seems to have broke the fix and I'm nowhere near competent enough in these things to figure out how I can unbreak it myself -- and, of course, most of the fixes that are out there are years and years old so I can't really reach out and hope for a response. Can any of you do anything to help?

• Locked thread