Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lukavi
Aug 23, 2006
Place your bets now

Duck Feet posted:

I tried to Google it but I can't figure it out, what the gently caress is the point of a blank key-keyboard? I checked a review and some guy was talking about his old spray painted board being replaced with that one. I get some people like the clicky keys but I can't see a point to blank ones unless your training yourself to type without looking. Who would spend 100+ for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lukavi
Aug 23, 2006
Place your bets now
If you get to the point of building your own computers, don't forget you can always salvage parts as you go along to save money. I had bought a Acer Aspire with a dual core real cheap about two years ago to replace my single core dell box. I had been adding parts over time like a ATI 4850 ($100) and a Corsair 550W PSU($100). When I hit the graphics wall at FF14 where no tweaking could get it playable because 2.2GHz x2 wasn't going to cut it I hit Newegg.

motherboard
3x Core 3.1GHz processor
4GB RAM (DDR3 from DDR2)

and a Cooler Master case after the parts came because I didn't realize that the Acer box was fit for a Micro-motherboard.

Ran me about about $200-250 for those parts(plus $50 for the case, woops), salvaged the ATI, PSU and HDD from the old computer and after about 30min of loving around with screwing poo poo in and popping poo poo on I had a brand new computer. Haven't had to knock down any setting on any games as of yet.

Expensive to start yes, but after that you don't always have to pay out the rear end to completely re-do your set up. A new part here or there and upgrades to Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor when poo poo comes up cheap on the internet is the way to go.

• Locked thread