Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lacunaa
Mar 26, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

A question for the benefit of a friend of mine:

What's a good mainland European equivalent to Newegg?

I haven't seen a real equivalent here, not in Belgium at least. Still, there are quite a few online sites that are pretty cheap but it's mostly country specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacunaa
Mar 26, 2010
Retail is still pretty huge in Europe though. Online retailers often offer new games at 35 euros compared to 50 on steam. Can't see retailing going away as long as this keeps happening.

Lacunaa
Mar 26, 2010

Avocadoes posted:

Thinking of getting a new monitor. I have a little Dell 19' screen at 1280x1024 native res. I was thinking something along the lines of 21 inches this time around. I notice widescreen is pretty funky and generally unenjoyable for me at smaller screen sizes, generally because there isnt enough vertical space as I like. Is there any reason to get a 21' fullscreen monitor as opposed to a widescreen one?

Maybe you'll just need to get used to it. Widescreens better resemble your natural viewing angle, there's no reason to stick to 4:3 nowadays.

Lacunaa
Mar 26, 2010

Fatal Error posted:

People have an aversion to them because it seems over-marketed, but razer mice are the best in my experience. I used to use a logitech mx518 but I dislike the shape (Some people may like the tall, beetle-esque shape though) the deathadder is a good ergonomic mouse and the abyssus is a great symmetrical mouse. the former is better for fps games/general comfort browsing and the latter is the best RTS mouse imo. They are both pretty cheap, you can get an abyssus for 30$. I use a 10$ logitech keyboard (the k120). I also suggest a cheap steelseries QCK mousepad (you can get a mid sized one for ten dollars) if you do not already have a mousepad because mousepads will help your mousing more than a fancy mouse will if you don't have one.

I agree. I've been using the Abyssus for a few months now and it feels great. Took me some time to get used to it as the mouse basicly weighs next to nothing but once I did, the mouse felt very responsive.

Lacunaa
Mar 26, 2010
I actually like ME1 more than the second one. Sure ME2 basicly improved on anything but the story was a lot more engaging in the original imo. ME2 is more a sort of tv series with only a few chapters that actually advance the storyline. Besides in the first game you get to walk in the praesidium, first time I saw that must be one of my favourite gaming moments.

In any case, this discussion always come back after a few weeks and every time opinions are very different. Might as well play the game yourself to form an opinion of your own :).

Lacunaa
Mar 26, 2010
I'm only PC as well. I'm interested in a few PS3 games (MGS, uncharted, demon souls) but I can't really justify the cost for just a few games when I have a backlog of 35 games on PC.

Lacunaa
Mar 26, 2010

kri kri posted:

Sennheiser 555 with a desktop mic.

Echoing this, thanks to the advice in this thread I bought myself sennheiser hd515 headphones and the difference is quality compared to my previous headset is just astounding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacunaa
Mar 26, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Their lifespan resembles that of the common fruitfly.

I've had many logitech products break on me in their third year (2 headsets, one mouse) and so far I really like my razer Abyssus. Maybe I got lucky in this model, but so far I've been totally happy with my razer products.

• Locked thread