Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I dont see that much point in going into resolutions/pixel densities so high you need your eye to start touching the screen to see the boundaries.

Yes I can see the argument for highest res=lowest jaggies but with AA getting so computationally cheap relative to going up another resolution step I dont see the point.

Totally agree with this. I know there is plenty of room to go from my current 1920x1200 resolution but at some point it feels sort of like overkill. Diminishing visual returns for extremely demanding computing power requirements and costs to produce the resources I'm looking at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I should expect this, since it's Beth.
Fallout 4 keeps crashing, well not the game itself but the Nvidia Driver. I have a 660ti and have updated to the latest driver (i dont remember which one exactly)
It can't be the temps since it peaks at 65C, nor the power since I have a 600W PSU and there arent any voltage drops or other power delivery problems, and It doesn't crash in any other game for that matter.

Any suggestions?
(win10 btw)

I'm not sure if you are, but I've found that Fo4 really doesn't like me overclocking my card. Sometimes I can get away with a modest overclock, but usually settings that would work fine in other games (like Skyrim, MGSV, etc.) will cause a driver-crash while playing Fo4.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Guillermus posted:

What's the to-go method to use a ps4 gamepad on PC? Wired, don't care about using a bluetooth dongle.

Like Coughing Hobo said, definitely stick with DS4Windows. It has become an incredibly reliable and customizable program. And if your computer already has Bluetooth capabilities, you don't even need a Bluetooth dongle like you might have with PS3 controller and, say, the SCP wrapper, which would hog an entire Bluetooth dongle to itself.

• Locked thread