Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm just looking for a mid range card to hold em over til I really upgrade since my 4850 blew out. Is a 8800 gt still fine or what? I wanna go Nvidia this time. At the moment i'm using a 8600.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Keep getting an error when I try to install GFWL. First I tried from an ingame update when starting GTA 4 then got this:

Then I tried to download it from the site and installing it and got the same thing:

What can I do? Nothing else has given me a problem except for this. And this is a brand new computer I just put together.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I dont have alot of chances to see my background. Something is always up.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I can never get into PS2. I've tried and tried, even after this last patch it just feels so pointless. Spawn>long walk>dead>spawn>hide from snipers>die to turrets.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nvm here you go.

http://grismar.net/shiftwindow/

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is the 3470 that much below a 3570? I have that and a 660gtx.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yes same here.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'd guess soon we'll see the PS4 pad be a choice, some games already have DS4 button prompts.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

all_purpose_cat_boy posted:

Eurogamer says that the new cod runs 1080p / 60fps on a core i3 with a 750 ti so personally I'd suggest that. I think the ti is, on paper, around the same level as the ps4 so would expect it to hold up better in future and might avoid the need to upgrade again quite as soon. That said, I don't know a lot about the non ti version.

The new cod is shittly optimized, I wouldnt trust that. I cant even get 60fps smooth on a 660 and i5.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Maybe last year but not going forward. Anybody buying now should def have 8 gigs. Better to be safe than sorry.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So basically it's all good for now as long as your not using all that extra poo poo like 4k downsampling with 16x aa?

Which brand is better this time, MSI or EVGA? Or is the coil wine stuff or whatever just over blown and either is fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yep Win 10 only

• Locked thread