Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostillicus
Jul 20, 2002

RagnarokAngel posted:

Recommendation to the op:

Do NOT buy a "Gaming laptop"

I'm going to disagree with you here, but it's partly because of my personal situation. I have a job that requires a lot of travel, and I spend tons of time in hotels during the work week. I bought an Asus G73 gaming laptop almost a year ago, and I get a ton of use out of it. I would definitely prefer to be at home gaming on my desktop which is more powerful and cost less, but I can't take it with me on the road.

As far as overheating issues, I have had some fairly marathon gaming sessions on mine without issue. I also haven't had any weird driver or support issues. The laptop can play any game I've thrown at it at max detail almost a year after I bought it. I can't deny that it was really expensive, but in my case it was definitely worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread