Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Boris Vorontsov is looking into porting the 0.2 ENB Series to New Vegas. He's got ENBoost 0.203 (just the booster, no graphical effects enabled) up in the patches section. I don't run enough texture stuff right now to see a difference in performance (shoot, I don't run enough stuff right now to even make use of the 4GB loader), but if anyone else wants to test it out and see if it helps, he's still looking for feedback last I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Has anyone here given CaliberX a shot? Wanted to give it a shot since i'm looking to expand the weapons selections a bit as well. I noticed it adds the 2mmEC that Project Nevada also adds, is there any compatibility issue between the two? Also how does the ammo mod interact with other weapon mods, like some from Arenovalis/Millenia? Also i there an ETA or something on a pack with all weapons made by Arenovalis? :<

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012
I've tried messing about with CaliberX, never accomplished much with it. I found that the ammo types didn't mesh hugely well with other mods, and it only ended up cluttering the vendor and loot lists with ammo I never ended up using. As far as the 2mm EC, it either would overwrite PN's if later in the load list, or you'd just have 2 types of ammo with the same name and possibly different stats.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Are there any good non-creepy companion mods?

RobCo Certified.

Pair it with Smiley Top's Robot Race and pick up Ed-E. Slaughter your way across the wasteland as an ever growing apocalyptic robotic horde :black101: (until you hit control limits)

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Well now I want a RoBoone and Vertronica.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

uaciaut posted:

Also i there an ETA or something on a pack with all weapons made by Arenovalis? :<

Every time someone asks, I delay it another week. True story.

When it's done, which is whenever it's done.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Fat_Cow posted:

So there unchecked mods are causing problems with my game, causing it to CTD. I have Fallout Ultimate edition so I don't seem to have other .esps for the DLCs, unless I am missing something.

Did you get the Ultimate Edition from steam? Check your Game Library, you might have to select redownload. When I downloaded it the first time it only downloaded NV, and the second time I downloaded it, it did the DLC.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What is the word on using rebalance mods (CCO/Jsawyer) with Tale of Two Wastelands?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Naky posted:

Every time someone asks, I delay it another week. True story.

When it's done, which is whenever it's done.

Who is that Arenovals dude anyways? I honestly think he is just not very good.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Police Automaton posted:

That's Arenovalis AKA Millenia, the dude that does really great texture work for weapons (he made the Weapon Retexture Project, WRP, in the OP) and a lot of scratch-built standalone weapon mods.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

Police Automaton posted:

Not very good at what? He's made the best looking/sounding weapons i've ever seen so far, thought some are borderline underpowered stat-wise.

Anyone here running CCO got problems with perks? I've just done some extensive with Soft Tissue Expert (-2dt per rank with guns), Observer Effect (-3dt per rank with energy weapons), both at 3 ranks, the DT reducing effect isn't working (as in i'm doing as much damage to armored stuff as i'm supposed to). Can i correct this in any way?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Well, -I- got the joke.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Yeah, uh, I legit don't know who that dude is and was pretty sure the guy was just kidding but whatev v:v:v

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

uaciaut posted:

Not very good at what? He's made the best looking/sounding weapons i've ever seen so far, thought some are borderline underpowered stat-wise.

Almost every single weapon I've done for him is stronger than stock weapons in the same class, with other balance considerations made so as to not completely kill the use or purpose of stock weapons. I'm curious to see what you felt was underpowered though.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Apologies if this isn't really the place for this, but I figured at least someone in here might know: What happened to the Fallout 3 modding thread? I can't find it at all, did it really get pushed back into the archives?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Heavy Lobster posted:

Apologies if this isn't really the place for this, but I figured at least someone in here might know: What happened to the Fallout 3 modding thread? I can't find it at all, did it really get pushed back into the archives?

Yeah, looks like it's fallen into the archives.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

Naky posted:

Almost every single weapon I've done for him is stronger than stock weapons in the same class, with other balance considerations made so as to not completely kill the use or purpose of stock weapons. I'm curious to see what you felt was underpowered though.

In every review i've seen of his weapons they looked a bit underwhelming compared to what i was using on my main char at the time (i've only tried out like 1-2 of his weapons and that was a while back), i could be mistaken since most of my used weapons were affected by perks (cowboy/grunt) and were unique so had a big edge either way, which reminds me - are any of his weapons affected by perks?

Also can anyone using CCO confirm/deny whether the DT affecting perks are working as intended (Observer effect - ignores 3 DT per rank, 3 ranks, energy weapons; Soft Tissue Expert - ignores 2 DT per rank, 3 ranks, guns).
I've done a bit of testing and thought it didn't work at first but now i'm confused since Living Anatomy shows enemy DT as already decreased by the ammount stated by the perks but i still don't get the intended results.

My main test subject is Aureliux of Phoenix - Legion guy wearing heavy armor, 23 DT. I am using CCO's damage resistance module as well and since his armor is heavy, his dr is 23-15 = 8% which should apply before DT. My weapon (AER14 unique laser rifle) does 66 damage per shot with max charged ammo.

So i first apply the dr of 8% and do, after dr, 62*92%=60.7 damage per shot. The max charged ammo decreases enemy's dt by 10 and the 3 ranks of the Observer Effect perk, as mentioned, should decrease it by an extra 9 for a total 19. So, at the end of the DT debuffs i should have to go through only 4 of Aurelius' DT, doing 60.7-4=56.7 damage per shot.
Aurelius has 153 HP and after 1 shot to the chest, non-crit, he's left with 103 HP instead of 96.3 as it should be according to my calculations, every time. Where does he get the 6.7 extra HP from? Am i missing something here in my math? (note that fallout wiki says he has 170 hp but CCO's mod also changes hp calculations hence the difference in my game).

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Certain Legion guys have an invisible perk equivalent to 10% DR. Could that be it?

66 x 0.82 - 4 comes out to 50.12, which is bang on the money for your results.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Well, I didn't want to do this but, I'm completely confused as to what is crashing my game. I tried to strip it down to a bare minimum to test what could do it, so I have this:

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
Better New Vegas.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
JIP Selective-Fire.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
The.Armory.esm
Better New Vegas - NV Interiors Combo Edition Patch.esp
The.Armory.Sample.Sounds.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp

Total active plugins: 24
Total plugins: 112

Originally it was crashing every time I transitioned a cell at all; At least now that I've stripped it bare it seems to only crash every other cell transition.

Could it be a problem with the saloon at Goodsprings? That's where I test my cell transition.

Is it Better New Vegas?

I've got the NMC(?) and one of the female texture replacers that aren't plugin files.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

Certain Legion guys have an invisible perk equivalent to 10% DR. Could that be it?

If you're also using the CCO Damage Resistance module, Aurelius would also be given a 10% DR bonus, if his armor is the class I think it is.

Edit: You already factored that into your calculations. Never mind, I'm an idiot. Still, he could just have the Toughness perk like so many other NPCs.

Cirosan fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 24, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

PrinceRandom posted:

Well, I didn't want to do this but, I'm completely confused as to what is crashing my game. I tried to strip it down to a bare minimum to test what could do it, so I have this:

Originally it was crashing every time I transitioned a cell at all; At least now that I've stripped it bare it seems to only crash every other cell transition.

Could it be a problem with the saloon at Goodsprings? That's where I test my cell transition.

Is it Better New Vegas?

I've got the NMC(?) and one of the female texture replacers that aren't plugin files.

Are you supposed to be running both NVInteriors_Core.esm and NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm? The rest of those plugins shouldn't be causing that sort of instability, and the textures (NMC and female texture replacers) shouldn't be contributing to CTDs like you're describing. Is it basically that you can load up a game, try to transition cells, and trigger a CTD? So basically within a 30-second timeframe?

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are you supposed to be running both NVInteriors_Core.esm and NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm? The rest of those plugins shouldn't be causing that sort of instability, and the textures (NMC and female texture replacers) shouldn't be contributing to CTDs like you're describing. Is it basically that you can load up a game, try to transition cells, and trigger a CTD? So basically within a 30-second timeframe?

Yeah, Combo Edition of NV Interiors requires the Core module.

dead horse
Oct 9, 2012
Better New Vegas was super unstable when I tried it. I think there's a way to clean it with FNVedit, though not sure how much it helps. Check the last few pages in the comments on the nexus (sorry, on my phone).

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

HitTheTargets posted:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Resistance

According to this only praetorian guards and vexillarius troops get the bonus 10% dr, nothing stated about centurions in general or Aurelius in particular, the wiki could be wrong i guess (would there even be a way to check this, maybe with the geck or something?).

Anyway i guess i'll continue my testing with some BoS paladins since no one is their faction has (to my knowledge) bonus DR.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

uaciaut posted:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Resistance

According to this only praetorian guards and vexillarius troops get the bonus 10% dr, nothing stated about centurions in general or Aurelius in particular, the wiki could be wrong i guess (would there even be a way to check this, maybe with the geck or something?).

Anyway i guess i'll continue my testing with some BoS paladins since no one is their faction has (to my knowledge) bonus DR.
Aurelius of Phoenix doesn't have any actor effects listed under the GECK in the base game, but could've been altered by DLCs or any other number of mods.

To eliminate any uncertainty, I'd suggest just using the console command getav damageresist to find your guinea pig's actual stats. What the console returns trumps whatever the wiki or the GECK says.

In case you haven't used this before, open the console by pressing the tilde key (~), click on your guinea pig (their name should be displayed at the top of the screen after you've done so), and then type the command bolded above and hit enter. The number returned is that target's Damage Resistance.

I do appreciate you stress-testing some of the perks, by the way. I know it can't be the most entertaining thing in the world, but it's very encouraging nonetheless.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

Cirosan posted:

I do appreciate you stress-testing some of the perks, by the way. I know it can't be the most entertaining thing in the world, but it's very encouraging nonetheless.

I'm a bit of a math freak and a perfectionist (hence why i wanted to make sure the new perks are working properly) so i don't mind it that much.

Also i just noticed your user-name, been trying to get a hold of you on the nexus forums (the CCO thread) and on the CCO homepage for a while now to ask you about these perks and a few other things.

Anyway back to testing: went with The Medicine Stick (unique brush gun) and the AER14 (unique laser rifle) this time. First off, the gun:

132 damage with SWC ammo, base DT should be 23 (Living Anatomy displayed the DT that Soft Tissue Expert decreased: 17), ammo should decrease the DT by an extra 6.
Damage resistance (obtained through your method - thanks for that) is 13%. This is weird in that either the DR mod of CCO sees his armor as being medium and only subtracts 10 instead of 15 (or one of my other mods tricks your mod into thinking his armor is medium instead of heavy) or he has a natural DR of 5 to begin with.
132*87%=114.84 damage before DT. I should still have to go through 11 of his DT (17 - 6 from SWC ammo) so i should be doing 114.84-11 = 103.84 damage.
One non-crit hit in the torso and he's left with 57 HP instead of the ~50 he should be left with (again his HP is displayed as 153), so my hit did 96 damage instead of 103.84, 7.84 damage less.

Now for the energy weapon:
66 damage with max charged ammo, again based DT 23, Living anatomy displays 14, ammo decreases by 10 more.
66*87% = 57.42 damage before DT, i should have to go through 4 more DT (14-10 from ammo) so i should be doing 53.42 damage.
One non-crit hit in torso leaves him at 103 hp instead of ~100, so my hit did 50 damage instead of 53.42 damage, 3.42 damage less.

I'm pretty sure the DT perks are working, at least partly, since the difference in numbers i'm getting isn't equal to either 6 with guns or 9 with energy weapons, so it seems more likely to be a dr thing or the game simply rounds numbers in an odd way.

Also curious if you know how the game would round up things with HP ammo (or any other ammo that would increase DT). Again, DR would be applied first, but in what order would DT affecting factors be applied afterwards? Living Anatomy always seems to display DT after perks that affect it, so i'm guessing that HP ammo would triple the DT AFTER the -6/-9 effects would come through (effectively tripling the effect of the perk as well which would make HP ammo a lot more attractive in general). And how would Soft Tissue Expert interact with Shotgun Surgeon? Do they stack (-21 DT when using shotguns would be pretty sick actually).

Farferello
Jun 12, 2013
Can anyone give me tips on how to get eyes/hair from mods to play nicely with custom Races? I've only found a few vague 'tutorials' so far about opening them at the same time in the Geck and dragging the hair/eyes into the Race options and despite following them, I still can't get the hair or eyes to show up as useable on the Race and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Are any of the gameplay/convenience overhaul mods currently considered to be totally solid? I have played this game through about a million times with various mods, but that was a fair while ago and I don't really have time right now to trawl through the FO nexus like did many times in the past. The one DLC I never finished is The Lonesome Road and I wanna tear through the game right now and finish it (probably just go straight to Vegas -> Dead Money -> Honest Hearts -> OWB -> The Lonesome Road, then murder Caesar's Legion). Also, I've never played through the game using explosives or heavy weapons, is a playthrough like that very rewarding?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

uaciaut posted:

In every review i've seen of his weapons they looked a bit underwhelming compared to what i was using on my main char at the time (i've only tried out like 1-2 of his weapons and that was a while back), i could be mistaken since most of my used weapons were affected by perks (cowboy/grunt) and were unique so had a big edge either way, which reminds me - are any of his weapons affected by perks?

The relevant guns that should be affected by perks are affected by them, yes. As I stated though, every single weapon I've released for Millenia actually has better DPS than the stock weapons of its equivalent class. It might have other weaknesses in comparison though; like it might be heavier, or less durable, or maybe it does less damage but the critical damage is more meaning the DPS at the end is still higher, the spread might be higher, etc. I can't, and won't, make every weapon a god gun nor will I completely outclass the stock weapons so badly that you have no reason to ever even consider using them. If, at the end of the day, you still feel they're too weak then very simple and quick useage of GECK/FNVEdit can easily pump up the stats of any weapon you like.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Seashell Salesman posted:

Are any of the gameplay/convenience overhaul mods currently considered to be totally solid? I have played this game through about a million times with various mods, but that was a fair while ago and I don't really have time right now to trawl through the FO nexus like did many times in the past. The one DLC I never finished is The Lonesome Road and I wanna tear through the game right now and finish it (probably just go straight to Vegas -> Dead Money -> Honest Hearts -> OWB -> The Lonesome Road, then murder Caesar's Legion).

What is a convenience overhaul? Trawl through the OP...everything in it has been vetted by the people on this forum and is generally considered to be totally solid. One of the first categories is "overhauls", which is what you're probably looking for.

quote:

Also, I've never played through the game using explosives or heavy weapons, is a playthrough like that very rewarding?

Yes.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What is a convenience overhaul? Trawl through the OP...everything in it has been vetted by the people on this forum and is generally considered to be totally solid. One of the first categories is "overhauls", which is what you're probably looking for.

That's not meant to be two separate categories, I meant overhauls of the game which included gameplay changes and convenience changes (eg. I don't know if it's still in but Nevada used to add a grenade hotkey which I would class as a convenience change).

I read that section, and I realize that the OP was updated recently. It's good to hear that all of them are solid! I don't think I would have characterized those that I tried that way (but this was most recently in 2011 or early 2012).

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Is there a mod that lets you rebuild your character mid-game like you do when you exit Goodsprings? Or does that only really exist as console commands...? :(

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

sockpuppetclock posted:

Is there a mod that lets you rebuild your character mid-game like you do when you exit Goodsprings? Or does that only really exist as console commands...? :(

Cheat Terminal in the "Miscellaneous" section of the OP will do that.

Seashell Salesman posted:

That's not meant to be two separate categories, I meant overhauls of the game which included gameplay changes and convenience changes (eg. I don't know if it's still in but Nevada used to add a grenade hotkey which I would class as a convenience change).

I read that section, and I realize that the OP was updated recently. It's good to hear that all of them are solid! I don't think I would have characterized those that I tried that way (but this was most recently in 2011 or early 2012).

Oh, yeah, I think the "core" module of PN is one of the only real common mods that would be considered a convenience overhaul, since I think it also has the option of relabeling items to make them easier to organize (if not the "core" module, then one of the other PN modules). I can't really think of any others off the top of my head that do something similar, like hotkey-ing a grenade or something.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 26, 2013

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

Naky posted:

The relevant guns that should be affected by perks are affected by them, yes. As I stated though, every single weapon I've released for Millenia actually has better DPS than the stock weapons of its equivalent class. It might have other weaknesses in comparison though; like it might be heavier, or less durable, or maybe it does less damage but the critical damage is more meaning the DPS at the end is still higher, the spread might be higher, etc. I can't, and won't, make every weapon a god gun nor will I completely outclass the stock weapons so badly that you have no reason to ever even consider using them. If, at the end of the day, you still feel they're too weak then very simple and quick useage of GECK/FNVEdit can easily pump up the stats of any weapon you like.

I wouldn't want game breaking weapons to begin with, from what you're saying the guns you guys make seem fairly balanced and i'd definitely like to try them all out, probably gonna wait for the pack. Shame there isn't any decent mid-late game weapon that uses .357 ammo, la longue carabine and lucky get outclassed in every way by other weapons.

By the way, is there any way i can check a weapon's crit multiplier, since it's not a shown stat by default?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Nevada really brings the game up to first person shooter standards. I really enjoy just about every change made, like the new perks, original FO3 weapons, adding a sprint, bullet time, the list goes on. It makes the game different enough to be interesting gameplay wise.

Add the increased wasteland spawns for a fun time. That's probably my favorite mod short of Nevada, having more things to shoot is fun (except Cazadors, MOTHERFUCK Cazadors).

Forseeable Fuchsia
Dec 28, 2011
Are there any ENB presets for this that are widely accepted as 'good'? Especially if there's any people can suggest that aren't too harsh on performance. I've just built a new computer, and want to make this game just a touch more vibrant.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

tehinternet posted:

(except Cazadors, MOTHERFUCK Cazadors).

Shoot the wings. It neuters them and makes them crawl and its pretty funny.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Roar posted:

Shoot the wings. It neuters them and makes them crawl and its pretty funny.

Oh yeah, I know. It hard to do that to the 8 Cazador swarm that IWS brings.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Mock and Droll posted:

Are there any ENB presets for this that are widely accepted as 'good'? Especially if there's any people can suggest that aren't too harsh on performance. I've just built a new computer, and want to make this game just a touch more vibrant.

I'm partial to Enhanced Shaders, if only because there's a 'Lite' preset included that barely impacts performance at all for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

It's kind of dumb that New Vegas didn't have SSAO when it released. I think that's probably the most noticeable thing for me going back to the vanilla game with no graphics mods.