Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Mortimer posted:

You do have uhud (not ohud) correct? I think there's a specific order you have to load them in.

I've tried both and fiddled with my load order, and nothing seems to work. I'm at a loss. MCM just doesn't seem to like daruUI for some esoteric reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

My only gripes with Onix are:

1) The edges of my screen get kinda weird in relation to the shadows. Like they disappear or something. It's not consistent though :iiam:

2) There's weird vertical striping that I can only see when the camera's moving. Not sure what it is, so no idea how to adjust it.

Otherwise, it's pretty nice. Also, somebody wanted some energy weapons. My ghoul's energy skill is like, 10 or whatever the lowest is, so I totally missed this shot :v:

SHOOT MORE ZAP BALLS OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE

Also REPCONN was a party place, so I threw a party popper:

And the ENB NVG patch thing built into Onix is loving dope when you turn it on. I was wondering why it didn't work, and one of the "Use feature" or whatever boxes wasn't ticked, hurrr :downs:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Black August posted:

I've tried both and fiddled with my load order, and nothing seems to work. I'm at a loss. MCM just doesn't seem to like daruUI for some esoteric reason.

Order of install matters. Install DarnUI, the Project Nevada (if you are using it), then the MCM, then the nified HUD Project.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Is there any easy tool to do a diff between ESPs or NIF files? I'm thinking fnvedit might do the former but I'm not sure how to do a fast compare between nifs? Anyone know?

they're going to be 99% the same but I just don't want to comb through manually to find the one line that's different.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I hope that question is in relation to the mod that changes gold bars to bricks of weed.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Does anyone know of any good single action revolvers out there? Any time I look for revolvers they are all double action. :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Roobanguy posted:

Does anyone know of any good single action revolvers out there? Any time I look for revolvers they are all double action. :(

Now that you mention it, I really don't. All I know of are some maybe good cap and ball replicas that use cartridges like this.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Now that you mention it, I really don't. All I know of are some maybe good cap and ball replicas that use cartridges like this.

I would use it, but I'm looking for one that also has the reload animation of the .357 revolver.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I hope that question is in relation to the mod that changes gold bars to bricks of weed.

it's a general question that might be helpful for lots of things.

weedbars included.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Add a bonus ending to Dead Money: You, Dean, Christine and Elijah pass a blunt around and talk it out. Well, Christine just listens.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Roobanguy posted:

Are you opposed to science?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Roobanguy posted:

I would use it, but I'm looking for one that also has the reload animation of the .357 revolver.

Basically, you're looking for a Colt Single Action Army. Which is mostly just the .357 Magnum from the game in a new caliber and optionally retextured.

There's an average one here in .44 Magnum.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Order of install matters. Install DarnUI, the Project Nevada (if you are using it), then the MCM, then the nified HUD Project.

I think I know the problem. Is there a reason the download for the nified HUD Project doesn't actually come with a bloody FOMOD file? Am I missing something here?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Add a bonus ending to Dead Money: You, Dean, Christine and Elijah pass a blunt around and talk it out. Well, Christine just listens.

Only if I can still shoot Dean and Elijah in the face after we're done because they're still assholes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Black August posted:

I think I know the problem. Is there a reason the download for the nified HUD Project doesn't actually come with a bloody FOMOD file? Am I missing something here?

It's possible the download itself is a fomod. They're just renamed 7zips with a particular structure, iirc. Throw it into FOMM's package manager and see what happens.

e: yeah I think it is, I just downloaded it to check. Treat the 7z as a fomod and install normally.

on another note - my ENB screenshot key got overwritten. I see a line in ENBLocal.ini
KeyScreenshot=0

how can I rebind this to INS? I liked using Insert for ENB screenshots. I did some looking and some forum post indicated I should use 45, but I tried that and no dice. Is there another ini I have to edit, or is Insert another key number?

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 23, 2014

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Psion posted:

on another note - my ENB screenshot key got overwritten. I see a line in ENBLocal.ini
KeyScreenshot=0

how can I rebind this to INS? I liked using Insert for ENB screenshots. I did some looking and some forum post indicated I should use 45, but I tried that and no dice. Is there another ini I have to edit, or is Insert another key number?

I think you can set those keys on the fly using the shift-enter menu in game. Should be the first menu that's got all the save/load config options.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Psion posted:

It's possible the download itself is a fomod. They're just renamed 7zips with a particular structure, iirc. Throw it into FOMM's package manager and see what happens.

Son of a poo poo, that was it. Who the gently caress does that. Thanks.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Black August posted:

Son of a poo poo, that was it. Who the gently caress does that. Thanks.

A lot of people actually. FOMODs are just renamed 7zips pretty much. Always add archives you download from the nexus directly. Nev er dig through the files. If you do have to dig through the files manually to make a mod work, then the mod author has failed.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

1) The edges of my screen get kinda weird in relation to the shadows. Like they disappear or something. It's not consistent though :iiam:

2) There's weird vertical striping that I can only see when the camera's moving. Not sure what it is, so no idea how to adjust it.

Those are both ENB bugs. They're probably just more pronounced with Onyx because of its emphasis on bright lights and dark shadows. Speaking of which, some of the screenshots you guys have been posting were a bit excessive in that regard.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Those are both ENB bugs. They're probably just more pronounced with Onyx because of its emphasis on bright lights and dark shadows. Speaking of which, some of the screenshots you guys have been posting were a bit excessive in that regard.

Enhanced Shaders never had it though :shobon: Also yeah I'm trying to get scenes where it's naturally lit with minimal contrast:

(lol a ranger with a Vintorez, ok buddy good luck finding 9x39 :v:)

Nipton smells rank yo

Can't remember if I posted this one, I just like that helmet a bunch:

Gimme fiiiiiive

Beeb fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 23, 2014

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Enhanced Shaders never had it though :shobon: Also yeah I'm trying to get scenes where it's naturally lit with minimal contrast:

(lol a ranger with a Vintorez, ok buddy good luck finding 9x39 :v:)

What outfit is that? it's boss!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

People keep asking him that question.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Chakan The Forever Man

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I don't have any Enhanced Shaders screenshots (only tried it once and thought it was okay but not great) but I'd be very surprised if it didn't have that bug, given I encountered it with all ENBs for New Vegas.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

The ENB shadow bug has only really been annoying during Dead Money, it was like the Villa made everything look extra wonky. I disabled ENB at one point, but for some reason Realistic Wasteland Lighting made the Villa bright red for some reason (I swear I have the right version and everything) so Onix got turned back on pretty fast.

Zion is looking pretty drat good, at least.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Christine has her/a voice back by the end of Dead Money, so that'd make it easier. :spergin:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Excessive? I'll show you excessive!

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Nice screenshots (you post that stuff on NeoGAF too right? I check the screenshots thread there from time to time, some pretty impressive stuff with Gamebryo games), but actually that looks like a meaningful use of light and shadow to alter the look of the game in interiors, while I'm more concerned about OH NO MAN's screenshots, which sometimes look like they came out of a badly calibrated TV, at least on my monitor.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

This one's great.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm more concerned about OH NO MAN's screenshots, which sometimes look like they came out of a badly calibrated TV, at least on my monitor.
I'll gladly admit I'm terrible at taking screenshots. :downs:

But yeah, I'm not sure what's going on there if they're looking that bad on your end. I haven't messed with the default Onix ENB settings or anything, the only thing I did was turn down the in-game brightness a bit. Sorry if I'm making GBS threads up the thread with my awful pictures. :saddowns:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 23, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Whoa, whoa, I didn't mean to offend you personally, just noting the screenshots look weird on my end, and yeah, having the brightness down might be what's doing that given it messes with the high contrast look of the ENB and makes its shadows and dark spots way too dark (see the grass in Zion and the leather armor).

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

No offense taken, no worries. :shobon:

Using Onix on the default brightness setting was a bit too bright for my liking on my TV, so I toned it down a few notches and didn't think it might end up looking like crap on someone else's monitor. And yeah, now that you mention it, I'm seeing some black crush going on in the Zion shot, so looks like it's time to mess with my settings a bit.

edit: okay yeah I had turned my in-game brightness way down, that'll explain it. This one should look better:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 23, 2014

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Has anyone here encountered visual bugs like these before?

I was ignoring it but it's started to happen much more frequently.

The only thing I've installed that touches graphics is ENBoost.
http://www.enbdev.com/patch_falloutnv_enboost_v0203.htm

Specifically just that patch and nothing else.
Edit: oops, I also have 4gb and NMC's texture pack.

My graphics card is a GTX 780 if that helps.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 23, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Turn off the Steam Overlay if you have it enabled. Also, see if you have ingame AA and AF enabled and disable them if so.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
My game keeps freezing anytime I'm in the Vault 3 area with Fiends. If I go into VATS, bring up my Pip-Boy, hit Esc, loot a body, anything that freezes time, it crashes. I'm at a total loss as to what is causing this, unless it's New Vegas Bounties; I first experienced it when going after Eileen. I killed Cook-Cook before getting the quest to kill Eileen and everything was working fine then. What the hell is going on here? I'm at a loss and totally stuck on both the quests I'm trying to do because of it.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

CJacobs posted:

Turn off the Steam Overlay if you have it enabled. Also, see if you have ingame AA and AF enabled and disable them if so.

I'll try that, thanks!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Cheap Shot posted:

Has anyone here encountered visual bugs like these before?

I was ignoring it but it's started to happen much more frequently.

The only thing I've installed that touches graphics is ENBoost.
http://www.enbdev.com/patch_falloutnv_enboost_v0203.htm

Specifically just that patch and nothing else.
Edit: oops, I also have 4gb and NMC's texture pack.

My graphics card is a GTX 780 if that helps.

I get that anytime the Steam overlay has popped up a notification (a friend goes online or whatever)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fereydun posted:

Excessive? I'll show you excessive!

This makes me want to install TTW because I really liked Point Lookout but then I realize that's a shitload of work to play some DLC and I just can't get excited to do Fallout 3 again :(

LLCoolJD posted:

This one's great.

:tipshat:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

OH NO MAN posted:

edit: okay yeah I had turned my in-game brightness way down, that'll explain it. This one should look better:

Yeah, that looks much better on my monitor too. Zion :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Zion certainly is a lovely place until OH JESUS GOD GIANT CAZADORES :gonk:

Seriously, why do the tribals keep yammering on about yao guai when they have these horrible things flying around? Not that my plasma rifle isn't more than a match for them (thanks Signature Weapons & Energy Weapons DeNerfed), but still. Giant cazadores.