Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

chitoryu12 posted:

Someone needs to make a mod where you can take DNA from everyone
The Slab probably has you covered for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Paracelsus posted:

The Slab probably has you covered for that.

It does, but you'll have to collect it by harvesting their uterus or their semen or getting pregnant by them (also works with creatures).

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SplitSoul posted:

It does, but you'll have to collect it by harvesting their uterus or their semen or getting pregnant by them (also works with creatures).
:thejoke:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Not everybody reads the Awful Mods thread, although they should. We have such sights to show you.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Not everybody reads the Awful Mods thread, although they should. We have such sights to show you.

I have and I don't want to.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Where we're going, we dont need eyes to see.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Is there something wrong with Mojave Music Radio Extended music pack 2? Whenever I try to download it, the .rar file is corrupted. I would just skip it, but you need music pack 2 to get packs 3 and 4.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Whereabouts can I find The Armory these days? Google isn't too helpful.

Zealot4223
Sep 3, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

You might find this helpful. The link with the mod posted by pokemeister appears to work.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959559-fallout-new-vegas/63885245

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

It's in the OP.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The WIP posted on the main page is broken for some reason, but

WIP 2.9

Should work.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Awesome, thanks.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Naky posted:

The WIP posted on the main page is broken for some reason, but

WIP 2.9

Should work.

I thought I was clicking on an image and it started downloading around 400 mb :downs:

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
I haven't really found any music mods that really tickle my fancy. I've just been replacing individual tracks as I see fit. Here's what I'm using for the main theme song, and the ending song. What do you guys use for track replacements?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I would suggest checking out the soundtrack for Starcraft and Starcraft 2. The tracks with guitar in them sound like they would fit in New Vegas. Unfortunately I am so familiar with these tracks that every time I listen to them I can practically hear "How ya'll doin?" from the SCV. "*BEEP BEEP BEEP* We require more minerals"

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Tyrone Biggums posted:

I haven't really found any music mods that really tickle my fancy. I've just been replacing individual tracks as I see fit. Here's what I'm using for the main theme song, and the ending song. What do you guys use for track replacements?

Existence 2.0 -Robot Radio- is my favorite. JunK'et, your cheery (not!) host, is as memorable a character as any you'll encounter in the wastes.

Edit: you may not be looking for radio stations. If you are, CONELRAD's very good, too.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 30, 2014

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Hey guys, this thread has been pretty good for inspiration and expectation-setting, so thanks!

I finally dug into modding Fallout 3 a using a premade wine wrapper so it'll run on my Mac. Has anyone else in the thread done this with F3 or NV? Looking for some general tips, since using wine seems to add an extra layer of buggyness potential.

Someday, someday... I'll get a PC.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

mamelon posted:

Hey guys, this thread has been pretty good for inspiration and expectation-setting, so thanks!

I finally dug into modding Fallout 3 a using a premade wine wrapper so it'll run on my Mac. Has anyone else in the thread done this with F3 or NV? Looking for some general tips, since using wine seems to add an extra layer of buggyness potential.

Someday, someday... I'll get a PC.

Don't use Wine. If you insist on playing and modding F3/FNV on the Mac, get Bootcamp and W7. Wine is just a bad idea because Bethesda games are buggy enough as is, even without a Wine wrapper. Parallels Desktop or VMFusion will tank the performance because virtualization eats resources so those are out as well.

Get Bootcamp, install W7, most problems solved.

Also make sure that you only use texture packs if you have a half decent GPU. Wouldn't bother with those unless you have one with at least 1 GB VRAM but that's a matter of personal taste.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'd say it is if the reason is engine limitations. It's hard to make a face that looks good in Gamebryo. That guy who remade Hsu probably spent loving weeks making that.

This seriously made me laugh. Not because I disagree, but because imagining some beleaguered bethesda or Obsidian employee sweating over Mr. Potato Head facegen tools in a fruitless effort to make a Chinese person is hilarious.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Whelp, I managed to gently caress my game up again somehow. I retrieved the Platinum Chip from Benny, but Vulpes never showed up. Neither did Alerio.

I've been messing around with console commands trying to make it work, but I can't talk to the "incognito" version of Vulpes I spawned, the camera just zooms in on his face for a second. Alerio just asks the default "What do you need?" line. Resetting the quest doesn't work either.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that I originally played the game with the Caesar's New Regime mod mod, but I ended up uninstalling it pretty early on as I preferred the vanilla "Evil Football Team" look. Also, it changed Vulpes Inculta's headdress into a bear because of course it did.

I also tried out New Vegas Restoration, which turns The Strip into a single area and cleans up all the junk lying around, but it messed up one of Niner's quests so I uninstalled it and rolled back to a save from before I got to the Strip. No idea if this messed anything up.

The only other mention I've found of this bug is this forum post from way back in 2011. The fixes suggested there didn't work for me, just ended up with the same results as before.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
What's the best way to get jsawyer, EVE, and WMX to play nice together with regards to GRA stuff? Depending on the load order, jsawyer will remove the GRA suffix from things like Laser Pistols, which can then access WMX's mods no matter what, but stores still stock GRA mods that can't be used. Sometimes WMX's weapon mods doesn't even show on the Weapon Mod Menu at all. Sometimes weapons still retain the GRA suffix and can't use any of WMX's mods. I think I'm losing track of what these mods are applying to what anymore.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

potaties posted:

What's the best way to get jsawyer, EVE, and WMX to play nice together with regards to GRA stuff? Depending on the load order, jsawyer will remove the GRA suffix from things like Laser Pistols, which can then access WMX's mods no matter what, but stores still stock GRA mods that can't be used. Sometimes WMX's weapon mods doesn't even show on the Weapon Mod Menu at all. Sometimes weapons still retain the GRA suffix and can't use any of WMX's mods. I think I'm losing track of what these mods are applying to what anymore.

I'm playing with all of them using the Jsawyer compatibility patch for the PN-FOOK-WME-WMX-EVE Convergence mod, but I don't know if there's one for just those three.

Are you using the Weapon Mod Menu? It might help. EDIT: Learnt to read.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 31, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

potaties posted:

What's the best way to get jsawyer, EVE, and WMX to play nice together with regards to GRA stuff?
Making a patch with FNVEdit. Copy over the weapon entry from WMX (or from the WMX-Eve compatibility patch where applicable) to a new plugin and then merge in the changes JSawyer makes to that same weapon entry.

ThaumPenguin posted:

I also tried out New Vegas Restoration, which turns The Strip into a single area and cleans up all the junk lying around, but it messed up one of Niner's quests so I uninstalled it and rolled back to a save from before I got to the Strip. No idea if this messed anything up
This was probably the cause of your problem. You could try these console commands outside The Tops:
Prid 131f78
enable
moveto player

If that doesn't work, you may need to start a new game. After doing so, you may want to console yourself quickly to New Vegas to verify that your current loadorder works correctly.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

potaties posted:

This is your only realistic hope but it should work. This is what ThaumPenguin was talking about.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

potaties posted:

For what it's worth, I'm using CCO, jsawyer, and WMX (and a bunch of compatibility patches for each), and I get an option at a workbench to convert (GRA) mods to Standard versions (and convert standard mods to GRA versions if you would ever want to do that).

I don't know which mod specifically adds the option, but I noticed it last time I was playing, and loaded the game up just now to confirm (and get a screenshot). I suspect it's WMX's DLC patch, but I'm not positive.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Raygereio posted:

This was probably the cause of your problem. You could try these console commands outside The Tops:
Prid 131f78
enable
moveto player

If that doesn't work, you may need to start a new game. After doing so, you may want to console yourself quickly to New Vegas to verify that your current loadorder works correctly.

Ended up with the same result as before, Vulpes shows up, but it just does that standard zooming thing, and after that he just stands around with this smug look on his face:

Look at him, he knows he's doing something wrong, the bastard.

Also, he has a really weird face.

---

Probably going to mess with my mods a bit and try to load from some earlier saves, starting with the one from before I killed Benny. I really don't want to start a new game :(

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I always forget who Vulpes is, because every playthrough I kill him as he attempts to leave Nipton. I've thought about leaving him alive on subsequent playthroughs so I can see what they do with his character but every time I look around at Nipton and I just can't let him leave.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Maybe you could kill everyone else at nipton and then run off.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Thanks for all of the replies. I'm not any good at messing with FNVEdit, but I have the load order set to a reasonable balance. Things like Laser Pistol (GRA) exist, with their own mods, and the normal versions have all of the WMX mods.

beats for junkies posted:

For what it's worth, I'm using CCO, jsawyer, and WMX (and a bunch of compatibility patches for each), and I get an option at a workbench to convert (GRA) mods to Standard versions (and convert standard mods to GRA versions if you would ever want to do that).

I don't know which mod specifically adds the option, but I noticed it last time I was playing, and loaded the game up just now to confirm (and get a screenshot). I suspect it's WMX's DLC patch, but I'm not positive.

That's super helpful, thanks. I see that option too, so it probably is WMX's DLC patches.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

potaties posted:

That's super helpful, thanks. I see that option too, so it probably is WMX's DLC patches.

Yes, it's WMX-GRA doing that. GRA added a number of weapon mods that were the same as ones I had already added in WMX, and this was my solution to that weirdness. Without removing things, that is; so that players wouldn't load their game and have it crash, or have their attached weapon mods disappear because I've swapped their weapons for GRA versions or whatever.

As I understand it, GRA's somewhat clumsy implementation was down to limitations with the console versions of the game (no load order tools) so it couldn't really be helped - barring enough money being budgeted on the PC version (har har har) - but still... what a mess.

Anyway, I haven't used JSawyer's mod myself so take this with a grain of salt, but just loading it before WMX should have (most?) things working fine. I don't remember anyone mentioning big problems using both at the same time, anyway.

Really the golden rule with WMX, if you want it to work properly, is basically don't load mods that edit the same weapons after it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Is there a camera command to rotate the camera like 90 degrees to the left? What I mean is, I have a 16:9 display, is there some set_whatever_command 90 to "fake" having a 9:16 display?

or do I have to do poo poo like turn my monitor sideways and convince FNV to work in 1080x1920 if that's even possible

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Psion posted:

Is there a camera command to rotate the camera like 90 degrees to the left? What I mean is, I have a 16:9 display, is there some set_whatever_command 90 to "fake" having a 9:16 display?

or do I have to do poo poo like turn my monitor sideways and convince FNV to work in 1080x1920 if that's even possible

There is no console command to do that. You might be able to use nifskope to rotate the camera node in the skeleton 90/270 degrees around the Z-axis to achieve this without having to see if NV will render at a 9:16 resolution.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Haha, that's pretty hardcore. I might try that but I'm hoping there might be an advanced free-cam mod or something that does rotate first.

Zealot4223
Sep 3, 2014
I might have misunderstood your question but would this mod be helpful?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34744/

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I posted a similar question in the Skyrim thread, but I'll repost it here since New Vegas was another game I wanted to get into modding.

Canemacar posted:

I've got the specs to handle the base game, but I was wondering how much of a strain the mods would put on my system. My current specs are:

Intel i5-5490 CPU @ 3.3 GHz
8192 MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card
250 GB Samsung SSD

Would this be enough to handle the extensive modding I was hoping to do? Or am I limited to a handful of basic plug-ins so that my computer doesn't catch fire?

Also, is the jsawyer mod pretty compatible with other mods that add new areas, enemies and characters to the game? I wanted to use it as a base to build off of, but I'm not sure how much that would limit my options.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Canemacar, that rig should be fine to handle most mods, though you probably don't want to overdo it with graphic mods (some texture overhauls really hit your VRAM if you don't download the performance options) and you won't want to load too many characters in an area anyway because Gamebryo is poopy and a beastly rig can only do so much.

EDIT: Jsawyer is also compatible with pretty much everything except overhauls that touch the same things (and they usually add compatibility patches). You might want to check the ncompatibility sections of the mods, just to be sure, but you'll usually do just fine installing Jsawyer and something else that isn't an overhaul.

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 1, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Do note that mods that add new enemies are a special exception. If the enemies aren't of a type that already exists (I.E. a modder makes a new type of ghoul or something and adds it to the list with the ghouls that already spawn) it won't be balanced for jsawyer/project nevada/whatever you use and will probably not work the way it was intended. Like the above poster said though, sometimes there are compatibility patches you can use that change the stats of whatever new thing gets plopped in.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Psion posted:

I'm not sure I understand what you're after, but video card drivers usually let you rotate your display (setting it to portrait or landscape), and you can try editing FalloutPrefs.ini in \Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\ to set a custom resolution. Look for 'iSize W' and 'iSize H'.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Does anybody know of a mod that sort of acts like Skyrim's No Death Mod? Basically, the idea is that when you "die", instead of always having to reload a save, the game reawakens you somewhere to continue your story. So if you were defeated by raiders in the middle of nowhere, you might wake up missing most of your stuff...or you might wake up in town, courtesy of a good Samaritan. While you can still die, there's a good chance that you'll simply lose consciousness and wake up somewhere else. It's kind of a neat alternative to the reloading-a-save-until-you-succeed method, and can make for some amusing scenarios where you're running through the wilderness in your underwear, wielding some weapon you scrounged off of somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:
I'd like to do a crazy evil cannibal fiend playthrough since my characters always end up being such goody-two-shoes, and I was wondering if there was a mod that lets you collect trophies from the people you kill (that isn't a creepy fetish thing)? Sort of like in the legion ear sidequest, but expanded to everyone. I know there's one for eyeballs but, uh, that's a little too gross for me. And before you point it out, yes I do realize how funny it sounds that I want to play as a cannibalistic monster who collects body parts but think eyeballs are crossing the line. :v: