Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods that change how goddamn annoying computer hacking is in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are there any mods that change how goddamn annoying computer hacking is in the game?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34829/

Download the instant hacking portion of this mod (all 3 parts are separate), it'll make only one word pop up in the terminal and it'll always be the right one; you still need the required science level to initiate the hack so it's not explicitly a cheat mod. That said, terminal hacking is fun.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CJacobs posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34829/

Download the instant hacking portion of this mod (all 3 parts are separate), it'll make only one word pop up in the terminal and it'll always be the right one; you still need the required science level to initiate the hack so it's not explicitly a cheat mod. That said, terminal hacking is fun.

I don't mind the execution of the Hacking minigame, but the fail state where it permanently locks you out of trying again was a terrible idea. And I'm not shelling out one of my perks just to have a second chance. I know you can technically get around this by exiting the minigame after three tries, but that's also frustrating. Just let us replay the minigame!

Vhaluus
Mar 2, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

I had the same issue, are you using Increased Wasteland Spawns or NV Stutter Reducer? You shouldn't with TTW at least.

Are you using NVAC? You Should!

I do have NVAC.

I was using NVSR, must have missed it not being comaptible. Will disable it and see if that helps, thanks a lot! :)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Arcsquad12 posted:

Personally, I've been a fan of Real-Time Entry Skills. In a nutshell, the mod makes it so that you can press and hold a key (default "grab") to hack and lockpick in real-time without dealing with mini-games. You can also attempt to hack and lockpick objects that are above your skill (to an extent--you still can't hack or lockpick if your skill is, say, 30, and the target is 75). Failures don't lock you out of additional attempts, but they can raise the difficulty of the target by one tier. The simple fact that it is all done in real-time makes it especially tense, since you need to be quick to break into things without getting caught by a roving patrol or whatever. Plus, the mod doesn't prevent you from playing the mini-game if you want to still do that on occasion.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Vhaluus posted:

I was using NVSR, must have missed it not being comaptible. Will disable it and see if that helps, thanks a lot! :)
Not sure what Agents meant, but New Vegas Stutter Remover should work fine with TTW. You might have more luck at getting a diagnose over at the TTW forums.

Vhaluus
Mar 2, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Not sure what Agents meant, but New Vegas Stutter Remover should work fine with TTW. You might have more luck at getting a diagnose over at the TTW forums.

For some reason I can't get onto the TTW forum. No matter what username/email I use I get told it's been blacklisted.

Which is strange because I've never registered there before and have no idea why.

I even tried registering a completely new email and trying a username that hasn't existed before (or at least google has no records) and it STILL claims to be blacklisted.

Unfortunately they have no way that I can see to contact their admins without a forum account so I can't ask them wtf is going on.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

I've got a weird issue with ENB for NV, I'm using version 263 with the Enhanced Shaders preset. Basically, there's there's lines of like a pixel-offset on some objects and stuff, it's hard to see in screenshots but when you're moving around, it looks sort of like objects are being rendered in a bunch of long vertical windows that are slightly misaligned. It's really hard to describe, but if you've seen it you'd probably know what I'm talking about. I checked to make sure in-game MSAA and everything was disabled, and I've toggled all the available ENB options that I can in-game, the only way to get rid of it is turning off ENB all together. Anyone know a fix?

Sikreci fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 16, 2014

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Have you made sure AA isn't on by default in Catalyst or the nVidia equivalent, or in the launcher? Or morphological filtering for that matter? Have you changed anything in the .ini?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

ENB for FNV is jankity and Boris won't work on it anymore. I've had the same issue. I had it go away by switching to an earlier version of ENB.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

Have you made sure AA isn't on by default in Catalyst or the nVidia equivalent, or in the launcher? Or morphological filtering for that matter? Have you changed anything in the .ini?
nVidia, and yeah. I don't know what morphological filtering is but I haven't turned it on ever so there's that. I've messed with non-graphics .ini settings, and checked those for MSAA/AF settings.

Upmarket Mango posted:

ENB for FNV is jankity and Boris won't work on it anymore. I've had the same issue. I had it go away by switching to an earlier version of ENB.
Well that's annoying. Oh well, Fellout alone is a big improvement to the visuals, so I can live without SSAO.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
What options are out there for complete overhauls like Sperg & Skyre for Skyrim? I found After War Nevada & like the mod a lot but the game seems to crash at least once an hour when using the mod. I know of Project Nevada but when I last tried it about a year ago it felt like it made the game much easier.

Are there any other complete overhaul type mods out there besides these two?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I don't think it could be considered a complete overhaul on that level (it doesn't add a bunch of new perks or items) but the JSawyer mod is pretty popular, check the OP for download link. It's a rebalance mod made by the game's own director, and a pretty comprehensive list of what it changes is here. Notable changes include:

Lower Player Health And Carry Capacity
Hardcore Needs Build Up Twice As Fast
Max Level Cap Of 35 With Lower Experience Gain
Stimpaks Now Have Weight
Stimpaks Found In Loot Containers Have An 80% Chance To Be Worthless "Expired" Stimpaks
Heavy Armour Given DR As Well As DT
Huge Karma Overhaul
All Soda And Alcohol Items Now Decrease Thirst
A Bunch Of Cut Fallout 3 Armors Added To Cliff Briscoe's Store For Some Reason?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Don't forget it also takes the courier's stash items and scatters them about the wasteland in, neat, sensible locations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Expired Stimpacks aren't worthless they just aren't as ridiculously powerful as the normal ones so they are balanced around you having a few on hand at once as opposed to trivialising every fight.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Clinton1011 posted:

I know of Project Nevada but when I last tried it about a year ago it felt like it made the game much easier.

This isn't my experience at all.

Project Nevada definitely makes the game harder. You get crippled easier, you have way less health and food doesn't heal you. Though you can tweak all that in the MCM.

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

Clinton1011 posted:

What options are out there for complete overhauls like Sperg & Skyre for Skyrim? I found After War Nevada & like the mod a lot but the game seems to crash at least once an hour when using the mod. I know of Project Nevada but when I last tried it about a year ago it felt like it made the game much easier.

Cirosans Classic Overhaul is the bomb. Highly recommend.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Clinton1011 posted:

As others have said, my go to overhaul(s) are:

- Project Nevada (Core and Equipment ONLY) with Extra Options (Cyberware if you're feeling spicy/Deus Ex)
- Realistic Reloading (stops auto reload, makes combat a ton of fun if you're not using VATS all the time.)
- Cirosan's Classic Overhaul, pretty much everything (keeping jsawyer.esp values with the compatibility token)
- JSawyer.esp
- Weapon Mods Expanded (WMX) - for awesome melee/weapon upgrades
- Puce Moose Tweaks - Responsive Kill Reactions - for slightly "smarter" AI

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Man Whore posted:

This isn't my experience at all.

Project Nevada definitely makes the game harder. You get crippled easier, you have way less health and food doesn't heal you. Though you can tweak all that in the MCM.

Part of it may be the inclusion of bullet time. It removes a lot of the RPG skill from a successful hit in favor of your own personal skill, but slows everything down to make precise called shots much easier. You can downright quick-draw without VATS by using it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Part of it may be the inclusion of bullet time. It removes a lot of the RPG skill from a successful hit in favor of your own personal skill, but slows everything down to make precise called shots much easier. You can downright quick-draw without VATS by using it.

And for those of us, like me, with lovely reflexes, it doesn't make the game any easier. :)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never got why Rolling around with a bunch of dudes wasn't cannon in Fallout, I mean I know you had to do it with mods, but I always felt like it made a ton more sense if you assumed that the PC was rolling with a crew. The crazy poo poo they pull off makes a lot more sense then.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Because historians of the wastes all subscribe to the Great Man theory of history.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What exactly does Fellout do to improve visuals? Is it like Nevada Skies, or is it closer to Project Reality?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
From what I remember from briefly installing it, it just removes the orange filter and makes nights darker.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gyshall posted:

As others have said, my go to overhaul(s) are:

- Project Nevada (Core and Equipment ONLY) with Extra Options (Cyberware if you're feeling spicy/Deus Ex)
- Realistic Reloading (stops auto reload, makes combat a ton of fun if you're not using VATS all the time.)
- Cirosan's Classic Overhaul, pretty much everything (keeping jsawyer.esp values with the compatibility token)
- JSawyer.esp
- Weapon Mods Expanded (WMX) - for awesome melee/weapon upgrades
- Puce Moose Tweaks - Responsive Kill Reactions - for slightly "smarter" AI

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Worst character.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
My favorite Fallout character is that radscorpion that beats you at chess from Fallout 2.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Harold.

"How did you survive?"
"Didn't! Got killed! <hacking laughter> God, I love that joke."

Charles De Mar
Jun 8, 2010

I was digging through the comments section of Weapons of the New Millenia and someone who was working on bug fixes with Naky said:

quote:

Whoever the dumbsack who made the leveled lists is, added weapons with no supermutant animations to the supermutant weapon leveled lists, and on top of that, they forgot to add entries to Supermutant Weapons

so the LL will irrepairably and irreversibly ruin your game

just a heads up

this is why you don't leave this s*** to scripting

Do you just crash when a supermutant spawns with one of the guns, or what?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Charles De Mar posted:

I was digging through the comments section of Weapons of the New Millenia and someone who was working on bug fixes with Naky said:

Do you just crash when a supermutant spawns with one of the guns, or what?

someone (naky) forgot to put in the weapons he added to supermutants spawn lists in the supermutant wieldable weapons list and since it's a script you can't just patch the formlists with an esp and call it a day because when a script modifies formlists those formlists are locked to the save file and you have to essentially start over

I love this engine

so instead I made a version that doesn't use scripts that has yet to see public release due to all the remaining work being on millenia and co's end

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

IT'S ME COURIER
IT WAS ME
ALLLLL ALOOONG COURIER
YOU ALL BOUGHT IT
HOOK LINE AND SINKER YOU ALL BOUGHT IT
EVEN MY IMMEDIATE SECURITRONS BOUGHT IT

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Is that an actual mod because I want it. You can't just post that without posting a link to the mod.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Not a mod that I can find, just a random gem on tumblr :(

Vittek
Nov 8, 2006

SpookyLizard posted:

Harold.

"How did you survive?"
"Didn't! Got killed! <hacking laughter> God, I love that joke."

You can also ask him about the Master. It's quite the answer.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Everything Harold said in Fallout 1/2 is pretty much just gold.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Is there any simple way to get project nevada rebalance and JSawyer to work together? I only really care about the rebalance part for its ability to disable sleep, hunger and thrist plus perk at every level if I screwed up my build somehow.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Iretep posted:

Is there any simple way to get project nevada rebalance and JSawyer to work together? I only really care about the rebalance part for its ability to disable sleep, hunger and thrist plus perk at every level if I screwed up my build somehow.

load jsawyer after the project nevada stuff. which i think it does by default anyways.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
So basically JSawyer and project nevada work perfectly fine with each other?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

pretty much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Iretep posted:

So basically JSawyer and project nevada work perfectly fine with each other?
The PN Rebalance module conflicts with JSawyer. Loading JSawyer after PN won't help, since PN updates the gamesettings via a script. So if you open up PN's MCM at any point, it will override JSawyer.
If you want to use the PN Rebalance module with JSawyer's tweaks, you can try these settings in PN Rebalance's MCM:

Hitpoints endurance multiplier: 10
Hitpoints level multiplier: 5
Carryweight base: 50
Carryweight strenght multiplier: 25

Max level: 35
JSawyer tweaks the XP gain via a gamesetting, while PN Rebalance does so via a hidden perk. Set PN Rebalance's XP gain profile to that of the vanilla game and JSawyer's tweak will work fine.

Hunger increase: 230 (actually 230.4 but that slider in PN's MCM wasn't setup to allow decimals)
Hunger rate: 12.5
Thirst increase: 576
Thirst rate: 5
Sleep increase: 160
Sleep rate: 18
Survival based rates disabled.
Food healing enabled. (JSawyer is balanced around food being able to heal you, since stimpacks were made to be more scarce)

Food lootlist 25: 5
Food lootlist 50: 10
Food lootlist 75: 20
Food lootlist 100: 100

If you want to make JSawyer & PN Rebalance completely compatible you will need to do some minor FNVEdit work since both touch several ingestible entries and PN Rebalance edits more food leveled lists. It's not necesary if you don't feel like doing that though:
You can let JSawyer override PN Rebalance's ingestible entries. The only real issue will be that some food will have a "Fresh" or "Raw" tag and others don't.
Since PN Rebalance edits more food leveled lists, adding JSawyer's Chance None values to all those lists can result in food becomming a bit more scarce then Ropekid intended. There should still be enough food though and you can always increase the Food lootlist values in PN's MCM.