Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

A friend of mine wanted to know if there are any mods that let you play as Elder Scrolls races. Not quite the sort of thing usually discussed in this thread, I'll admit, but maybe one of you knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Mr Tastee posted:

A friend of mine wanted to know if there are any mods that let you play as Elder Scrolls races. Not quite the sort of thing usually discussed in this thread, I'll admit, but maybe one of you knew.

Sorry, looks like the closest you're gonna get is a catgirl mod.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

That's incredibly disappointing. You'd think that'd there'd be a lot of people shipping over the assets. Are there any good mods that put Elder Scrolls stuff in the game (I.E. weapon skins, clothing, misc assets)?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Custom races are a little difficult to implement I think. However, there are skins for just about everything you can think of. Mostly anime stuff. The problem is that this stuff won't be put logically into the game world in places where it would make sense for a gameplay perspective, so I'm not sure what the point is.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mr Tastee posted:

You'd think that'd there'd be a lot of people shipping over the assets.
Nope.
Nexus - the main hub of the modding community - has a policy where they don't allow the upload of ported content, unless the original owner/creator of said content gave permission. Because you know, copyright infringement and all that.
And Bethesda has a policy where they don't allow content porting. Period. You'd think they would be jumping up and down in joy over modders giving gamers an excuse to buy Bethesda's older games (Think: "You want this horse mod for New Vegas? Buy Oblivion and then run the converter tool to port the horse model & animations over."). But when Morroblivion became a thing, someone over at Bethesda freaked out over licencing issues or something.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 22, 2014

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a way to use both the Fallout Character Overhaul custom races as well as New Vegas Redesigned 3? Redesigned 3 says that it needs FCO to work, but then it says to disable the FCO esm and esps. I've got a character using FCO's custom Courier race, but I've got a feeling that if I disable the FCO esm I'm going to get a crash.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is there a way to use both the Fallout Character Overhaul custom races as well as New Vegas Redesigned 3? Redesigned 3 says that it needs FCO to work, but then it says to disable the FCO esm and esps. I've got a character using FCO's custom Courier race, but I've got a feeling that if I disable the FCO esm I'm going to get a crash.
Short version first: If you have a game in progress, stick with FCO and forget about NVR for the time being. If you want to start a new game, go ahead and remove the FCO plugins and give NVR a try. If you want both, you have a ton of work ahead of you.

NVR uses meshes and texture assets from FCO but not the masters/ plugins. If you remove the FCO ESM/ESPs, New Vegas should start fine, but any save games using FCO would be screwed since they'll be looking for data that would no longer exist. Trying to switch from one to the other mid game will almost certainly not work since both mods make significant changes to so many of the same things. Using them in tandem on a new game would be a clusterfuck too... unless you want to get your hands dirty and try to combine them using FNVedit. I can guarantee that would be a ton of work, I can not guarantee that you would ever be able to make it functional going that route.

All that said, NVR is sort of infamous around here for some questionable design decisions the author made. I stuck with FCO myself, but I'm sure somebody will be along here shortly to provide a rundown of stupid poo poo included in NVR.

quick edit: If you have some other mod that requires FCO as a master, then yes removing FCO would cause a crash unless you ditch that mod too.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 22, 2014

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

The courier race from that mod would just be the vanilla caucasian race with a unique headmesh. I'm willing to bet you could delete everything but that record under Race, as well as any custom eyes or hair that it might be referencing, and it would would be fine (in a new game) with zero conflicts. I imagine FCO clashes with NVR because they both try to change vanilla races/NPCs, but a custom race has nothing to do with that. I'm not sure about an ongoing game, though.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Is there an easy way to check if the new vegas interiors mod is working? The one which makes a lot of previously boarded up buildings become explorable. I figured it would be nice to have for extra exploration.

another thing I'd like to ask, is whether its okay to use mod organizer. it worked well for skyrim, so I figured it would work fine with this. Is there a reason to instead use FOMM instead?

While I'm at it, are there any ways to help with difficulties seeing in the dark besides a brighter pip-boy? I have an LCD monitor, which I remember having trouble with displaying dark without it being all samey.

Edit: never mind, I know NVinteriors is working because I found a gnome, MO has worked fine for what I want, and the brighter pipboy is sufficient for seeing loot. Sorry about that.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 22, 2014

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, so I went to the fco mod page, and there's an optional file that just has the custom races. It also says to disable the fco esm after activating the esp, so it uses the textures but doesn't apply them to the rest of the world. I'm aware of new vegas redesigned's creepy rape and murder textures, and I don't know why dracomies removed an option to stick without them. I'm also not a fan of his cass redesign, she's supposed to be 38 years old not a supermodel. But I also found I really don't like FCOs take on Boone looking like a veiny throbbing dick. Between the three, nvr has you put up with some questionable stuff but its still better than nothing. If only dracomies had gone similar to nvr 2 where he had multiple options and no rape faces

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Well what do you expect from a guy who's too dumb to notice they left their Pipboy light on forever?

also you can probably just use FCO and override Boone in particular, though I think it's kinda pretzel logic to bag on FCO Boone as a showstopper but accept a worse NVR Cass + fuckload of other terrible NPC changes in NVR instead. Whatever floats your boat though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Honestly I'd be all over a mod that just cleaned up the vanilla faces and got rid of some of the weird coloring choices. Like what nvr used to be before the guy decided to carve the word whore into an npc's back.

I like fco's texures for the custom races, but I don't really like the npc changes. Some of nvr's faces I do quite like, but then I have to put up with all the drat feature creep. I don't know which one is better I just would like something that looks nicer without turning everyone into glamor models

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Is there still an archived download of NVR 1 or 2 around? That might be the best option for you. Deliberately don't upgrade kinda thing.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
NVR 2 is still up. If you want to improve NPCs' faces, I'd use that with the lore plugin and none of the optional retextures.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I never realized how freakish New Vegas NPCs look until I saw those before and after pictures.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 22, 2014

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I can't use an improved faces mod because I'm so used to the vanilla faces after 6 playthroughs. Sure I could download a mod that gives Boone a human face but then he wouldn't be Boone any more :(

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Any mod that designs a face for Boone without taking into account that you'll only be seeing him with sunglasses on is a bad mod :colbert:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

NVR II just has him as normal boone only he's got white stubble, Which makes sense I guess.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I recently reinstalled new vegas and decided to go crazy with the modding, usually I just go for tweeks and unofficial patches.

Using FCO, the first thing I did was find some sunglasses for Boone.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Clearly the game needs a sunglasses mod where it assigns every NPC a pair of sunglasses, with the particular type determined by their faction/status/etc

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Psion posted:

Clearly the game needs a sunglasses mod where it assigns every NPC a pair of sunglasses, with the particular type determined by their faction/status/etc

One of the mods I added last run added a whole series of Ray-Ban aviator shades in a variety of colors/metal colors. (Not the Wayfarer ones.)

Boone would only wear the vanilla aviators. :smith:

Not that you really notice, if you're being an overpowered dick - in vanilla, all your (non-Super Mutant/robot/dog) companions in FO3/NV are fully power-armor rated right from the start. (Which leads to Moe Sizlak of the Wasteland once Jericho is outfitted - the voice is so perfect through the helmet speakers...)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That sounds like Spice of Life. Too bad it only works with Roberts and the Type 3 body. The clothes are really great in that mod and it's the only reason I'm using the body replacers. The Rayban shades go nice with my character.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Raiders not suddenly spawning magical underwear they clearly did not have on before you stole their armor is justification enough for the body replacer mods.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

One of the mods I added last run added a whole series of Ray-Ban aviator shades in a variety of colors/metal colors. (Not the Wayfarer ones.)

Boone would only wear the vanilla aviators. :smith:

Not that you really notice, if you're being an overpowered dick - in vanilla, all your (non-Super Mutant/robot/dog) companions in FO3/NV are fully power-armor rated right from the start. (Which leads to Moe Sizlak of the Wasteland once Jericho is outfitted - the voice is so perfect through the helmet speakers...)

Jericho is clearly Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Light Gun Man posted:

Raiders not suddenly spawning magical underwear they clearly did not have on before you stole their armor is justification enough for the body replacer mods.

Counter-argument: The Lobotomites in OWB have their junk hanging out below their patient outfits.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

LoonShia posted:

Counter-argument: The Lobotomites in OWB have their junk hanging out below their patient outfits.

Not really seeing how this is a problem.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Morrowind's 6th House cultists became about 1000-times creepier and more intimidating after Better Bodies removed their painted-on "underwear", rendering them completely naked. Nothing like being attacked by a crazy, naked person in a pitch black cave.

It's the same thing with NV's lobotomites.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LoonShia posted:

And for whatever reason, VATS loves to put dicks front and center.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

It's to taunt us. VATS knows we can't do a target shot on the junk :argh:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Or maybe they knew about the coming mods

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Okay I have a problem, lately when I sell poo poo I only get a fraction of the price the barter screen tells me I should get. Say I have 8000 caps and sell 6000 caps worth of items, but once I press "accept" I only get 2000 caps. (Should be noted, I did use the console to make it so that particualr npc had 100000 caps so I didn't have to wait before selling all of my poo poo)
Edit: Here's my load order
code:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
TribalPack.esm=1
MercenaryPack.esm=1
ClassicPack.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm=1
SomeguySeries.esm=1
STRobot-Core.esm=1
CompanionInfAmmo.esm=1
enclavebunker.esm=1
IWR.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
More Perks for Companions.esm=1
More Perks for Dead Money.esm=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm=1
More Perks for Old World Blues.esm=1
More Traits.esm=1
DesertersFortress.esm=1
Primary Needs HUD.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm=1
SCAV.esm=1
TOUTUlyssesR.esm=1
WMVM.esm=1
ADAM - MAIN.esp=1
ADAM - HH.esp=1
ADAM - LR.esp=1
ADAM - NCR Patrol Armour.esp=1
ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp=1
ADAM - Outcast Ranger Armour.esp=1
ADAM - Trooper Gloves.esp=1
ADAM - Nemesis Armours.esp=1
ADAM - Project Nevada Patch.esp=1
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp=1
Roberts_NewVegas.esp=1
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp=1
EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp=1
TheInheritance.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp=0
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp=0
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp=0
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp=1
STSuperMutant-Core.esp=1
STRobot-ChemImmunity.esp=0
1nivVSLArmors.esp=1
EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp=0
EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp=0
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1
SignatureArmor.esp=1
Skynet Companion.esp=1
AmmoCraftingSchematics.esp=1
ACS-DLCMerged.esp=1
LFox Bottle That Water.esp=1
CompanionDisguises.esp=1
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp=0
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp=0
Expanded Traits.esp=1
FNV-BeardEyebrowFixV1_0.esp=1
enclavebunker.esp=1
IWR - Rebuilt.esp=1
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
More Perks for Companions Update.esp=1
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp=1
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp=1
More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp=1
More Traits Update.esp=1
NewVegasBounties.esp=1
NewVegasBountiesII.esp=1
1nivPNSLPatch.esp=1
OldGhoulEye.esp=1
OldGhoulEye-ProjectNevada.esp=1
OldGhoulEye-NoHeadbandSlotForHeadgearDLC.esp=1
OldGhoulEye-NoHeadbandSlotForHeadgear.esp=1
OWB Companion Teleport.esp=0
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp=0
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp=1
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp=1
OWB Valence Extra.esp=1
OWB Valence Mask.esp=1
Sink Vending Machine.esp=1
Four Traits v1.esp=1
PortableCampsite.esp=1
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp=0
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp=0
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp=0
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp=0
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp=0
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp=1
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1
Project Nevada - EVE No DLC.esp=0
Project Nevada - EVE No GRA.esp=0
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp=1
pyFourEyesFix.esp=0
pyFourEyesFix - w FX.esp=1
Reload Speed Game Start Fix.esp=1
Russell.esp=1
SignatureWeapons.esp=1
w44Satchels - Lite.esp=0
w44Satchels - Full.esp=1
MaxFollowers12.esp=1
UnlimitedCompanions.esp=1
NVDLC02 Extensions.esp=1
GRA - The Right to Bear Arms -Vendors Untouched.esp=1
GRA-WRP-Patch-Two_Unofficial.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
WMX-DLCMerged.esp=1
WMX-POPMerged.esp=1
FactionIDCards.esp=1
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp=1
NVDLC04 Allegiance w Duster.esp=1
OldCourierDuster_Replacer.esp=1
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp=1
Easy Hacking.esp=1
Wasteland Defense.esp=1
WMVM New Locations.esp=1

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Capn Beeb posted:

It's to taunt us. VATS knows we can't do a target shot on the junk :argh:

Is this a thing that can be modded in?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'd like to take it a step further and be able to target individual parts of the penis. Shoot the left ball? Blast the tip? Pick your poison.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'd like to take it a step further and be able to target individual parts of the penis. Shoot the left ball? Blast the tip? Pick your poison.

Hope Bethesda is listening. I want at least Sniper Elite levels of scrote-shooting.

Edit: Wasteland rabbi gimmick playthrough.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If I can't target a man in the gooch in the next Fallout game, I'm going to be sorely disappointed. Similar places I would like to be able to target in VATS: The webbing between the fingers, the place where the spine meets the neck, and the back of the knee. Thanks in advance :)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

chitoryu12 posted:

Is this a thing that can be modded in?

I think it's basically impossible. I've always wanted a straightforward mod that would allow targeting for melee VATS, but no luck.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Sadly all of the important VATS stuff is hardcoded. It might be possible to jurry rig melee VATS by making a melee weapon that's basically a ranged weapon under the hood with a really short attack range. But it would probably end up looking really stupid.
I think it is possible to implement a groin target & proper melee VATS via NVSE plugins. But it would mean having to build a VATS system from the ground up, having to edit all the NPC & creature meshes, etc, so yeah...

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 24, 2014

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

SplitSoul posted:

Hope Bethesda is listening. I want at least Sniper Elite levels of scrote-shooting.

Edit: Wasteland rabbi gimmick playthrough.

Maybe this but also you can't shoot anywhere but the crotch

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Ahundredbux posted:

Maybe this but also you can't shoot anywhere but the crotch

Not quite what you wanted but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Agents are GO! posted:

And for whatever reason, VATS loves to put dicks front and center.

That reminds me of something...