Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
If anyone is interested, here is an edited ESP file of Caeser's New Regime without any of the extra crap, so it is more in line with the NCR overhaul.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzvls36jm2xo0rc/CNR_Beta.esp?dl=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Gyshall posted:

If anyone is interested, here is an edited ESP file of Caeser's New Regime without any of the extra crap, so it is more in line with the NCR overhaul.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzvls36jm2xo0rc/CNR_Beta.esp?dl=0

What's considered extra crap

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mortimer posted:

What's considered extra crap

Companions, player housing, etc. This is just armor and leveled list changes, for the most part.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
I -=occasionally=- get "Out of Memory" CTD's with FONV, nothing major. I'm at 100+ hours of gameplay this time through and have seen it maybe 2-3 times. The last time it happened (today) I got moderately riled and investigated what the interwebs has to say about this issue.

To my surprise and delight, I found:

"Development on NVSE has been continued by hlp. The memory patch from sheson has been ported to work for FNV in NVSE v4.2beta3 on the NVSE site.
To get it to work you have to go into data/NVSE and create an ini with the name "nvse_config.ini".
Then open the ini and add this:
[Memory]DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=400 <-recommended value
The default value is 200 and the hardcoded max value is <500. I've used 400 and I haven't had any crashes in conjunction with the 4GB loader and ENBoost. I've tested it for about 10 hours with the mods I have on the guide I made for FNV, plus some weather and lighting stuff I'm testing right now, with no crashes, ILS, or freezes.
Without the patch I was getting a lot of slow down with the inventories and pip boy taking almost 2 seconds to load after a couple hours of playing, but that is completely gone now. I played for about 4 hours straight last night and didn't get any problems."

From: http://forum.step-project.com/topic/4490-memory-patch-has-been-ported-to-nvse/

Anyone tried this? Success? Failure?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

SpookyLizard posted:

Also is AWOP at all not a tedious clusterfuck? I'm tempted to try out the TTW version because after playing through the Someguy mods I have a hankering for new content.

AWOP is Fallout: Tedious Dungeon Crawl that adds a labyrinthine sewer system under drat near the entire map of New Vegas, avoid.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What if you like crawling through sewers and looking for interesting things? Doesn't that mean there's now a shortcut between New Vegas and Goodsprings, since you can take the sewers?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

You could, sure. There's just nothing interesting in there, from what I remember. Just tons and tons of enemies.

Custom Doom .wad MONSTER MANIA EXTREME levels of enemies.

Some of which are bullet sponges.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Mortimer posted:

TTW in the first post, puts FO3 in NV's engine. Use that.

Do i need to have NV installed even if i'm just going to play FO3?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Arghy posted:

Do i need to have NV installed even if i'm just going to play FO3?

yes, because technically TTW makes a giant mod that happens to consist of Fallout 3, and sticks it in New Vegas. You're running the New Vegas exe and all that regardless of the fact that you're playing FO3 via ttw. if I read it correctly you can install FNV and FO3, create the TTW mod, then uninstall FO3 if drive space is a concern for you.

Turtlicious posted:

What if you like crawling through sewers and looking for interesting things? Doesn't that mean there's now a shortcut between New Vegas and Goodsprings, since you can take the sewers?

this presumes AWOP has interesting things to find, and the shortcut between NV and Goodsprings is called fast travel

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
TTW does some weird things to FO3, so keep that in mind, my first meeting with Talon company, who was decked out in reinforced combat armor and laser RCWs gave me a heck of a time when my only real good gun was normal assault rifle. Also for some reason assault rifles shoot faster when aiming down sights, and I think a tiny bit faster in general. TTW replaces most skill books with magazines from NV (There are still skill books around in FO3, they just are not everywhere since they give you 3 or 4 skill points now), and they did something funky with equipment in general.

If you do want the absolute vanilla FO3 experience, just mod in the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch (The newest one). You also might have to do some .exe editing because FO3 doesn't play nice with more than two cores and crashes almost immediately, don't know if that patch fixes that.

Edit: No, it doesn't. There is a steam guide to fixing it though. Just ignore the game for windows live stuff and proceed to step 4.

Broose fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 7, 2015

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
JIP Improved Recipe Menu

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Eh the TTW requires me to buy all the DLC's for NV and i seemed to have forgotten last sale so i'm just gonna play vanilla both since installing mods seems to be a huge loving bitch.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Holy poo poo. :getin:

Now people will hopefully stop bugging me to add in a x100 "batch" duplicate of every single recipe in ACS. That maximum crafting limit of 100 at a time in the base game was obnoxious.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Antistar01 posted:

Holy poo poo. :getin:

Now people will hopefully stop bugging me to add in a x100 "batch" duplicate of every single recipe in ACS. That maximum crafting limit of 100 at a time in the base game was obnoxious.

You know you could just use MTE's *edit automation scripts to make those quickly anyway? Just saying.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Just added this to my giant gently caress-off load order today for my next playthrough. The JIP guy is a wizard, truly.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I decided to start a new game and was ecstatic to find out that it made a lot of my mods work. In my old save CONELRAD Radio just up and disappeared, but now with a new game it's back.

Was also happy to see that one of my mods (I think Ling's Pretty Things?) added a playable ghoul race. Until I saw this:

Anyone know how to cure pink ghoul hands? Thanks in advance.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Arghy posted:

Eh the TTW requires me to buy all the DLC's for NV and i seemed to have forgotten last sale so i'm just gonna play vanilla both since installing mods seems to be a huge loving bitch.

It is easier than it sounds. I managed it and I am a drooling retard when it comes to modding. But really, download FOMM, install it, and use that unofficial patch, and a mod that makes the trade caravans essential (not kill-able) as a QOL improvement. Those are the only two things I would say are absolutely needed for a vanilla playthrough.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Temaukel posted:

This is weird, most of my enb settings get turned off whenever I open my pipboy. Is there a fix to this?

edit: I also noticed that whenever I use VATS the screen flashes for a second.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's pretty jarring. It almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter not to use ENB.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I found something that bugs me and I'm not sure what mod I should get to solve it.

I want to be able to break down surplus, hollow-point, armor-piercing, etc ammo. I followed EssArrBee's STEP guide for my mod setup, and I think CaliberX would fix this issue. However, I traced a weapon animation screw-up back to CaliberX when I was testing my load order. For some reason, if I had CaliberX installed, Millenia's M4A1 used a slow, default reload animation. I've learned a lot about Mod Organizer and am thinking about trying to tackle that issue again.

However, if another mod is recommended to expand ammunition crafting, I'd rather use that. CaliberX seems to add in a whole lot of stuff that I really don't care about. Any recommendations?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Temaukel posted:

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's pretty jarring. It almost makes me wish for a nuclear winter not to use ENB.

Nope. I'd make sure you followed the instructions correctly, turned off Steam overlay and anything else that might interfere (fraps etc)

halwain
May 31, 2011
Which new vegas mods would be good for a first playthrough? I dont really need any additional content but which of the graphic mods are good?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

halwain posted:

Which new vegas mods would be good for a first playthrough? I dont really need any additional content but which of the graphic mods are good?

I wish there was an OP

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Propagandist posted:

However, if another mod is recommended to expand ammunition crafting, I'd rather use that. CaliberX seems to add in a whole lot of stuff that I really don't care about. Any recommendations?

Try the Gtab ammo mod in the OP. It changes the hand loader perk to allow you to craft/break down all the ammo types in the game instead of just fancy revolver ammo. I think it might add a few variants to existing ammo calibers, but doesn't get all spergy and add in whole new sizes of ammo for weapons you may or may not ever use.

Antistar also made this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41013/ which I haven't tried yet, but looks to do the same thing in a more polished package.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 8, 2015

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mortimer posted:

I wish there was an OP

Especially one that's still continuously updated. Oh well, I guess we can dream.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

You know you could just use MTE's *edit automation scripts to make those quickly anyway? Just saying.

You mean something from here? Nope, I didn't know that.

In any case, beyond the tedium of having to add them all myself, the other reason I didn't want to double the already huge number of recipes in ACS was that I didn't want to flood the crafting menu with them.

Fortunately now with JIP's mod, it doesn't matter anyway! :toot:

Hobo on Fire posted:

Try the Gtab ammo mod in the OP. It changes the hand loader perk to allow you to craft/break down all the ammo types in the game instead of just fancy revolver ammo. I think it might add a few variants to existing ammo calibers, but doesn't get all spergy and add in whole new sizes of ammo for weapons you may or may not ever use.

Antistar also made this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41013/ which I haven't tried yet, but looks to do the same thing in a more polished package.

Yep, that's ACS, mentioned above. It's partially based on Gtab's mod, in fact.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
More TTW questions:

-Is it normal that Talon company comes after me decked out in stuff that doesn't even exist in normal FO3 (or stuff that didn't exist at all really, such as reinforced talon company armor)?

-Are the warrior, solider and guardian ants in greyditch supposed to be resized to be super big and worker ants possibly smaller than vanilla FO3? The guardian ants in the queen's lair can't even move cause they are so big.

-Is the merging with NV causing the prices of things to be much higher than they were previously? Fully repaired weapons and armors are worth hundreds or thousands of caps more than default, before being modified by whether or not I'm buying or selling.

Edit: - Is it normal to get good karma for killing certain feral ghouls now?

Broose fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 9, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

halwain posted:

Actual helpful, non-sarcastic-dick advice, get NMC's texture mod and Dynavision 3. That's pretty much all you need, someone might suggest an ENB mod but Dynavision takes care of that and it's adjustable in-game.

edit: Also goes without saying, get New Vegas Script Extender and the 4gb RAM modded .exe thing, you'll need both. The NVSE for Dynavision and the 4gb RAM unlocker to handle the huge textures.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

Actual helpful, non-sarcastic-dick advice, get NMC's texture mod and Dynavision 3. That's pretty much all you need, someone might suggest an ENB mod but Dynavision takes care of that and it's adjustable in-game.

Don't forget CASM and NVAC.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Nevermind about earlier; I figured out how to solve the pink ghoul hands. I just had to grab ghoul hand textures from another mod...I don't know why they were missing in the first place.

Now I can truly live my dreams of being a sick courier ghoul with my one-bot Mister Handy army. (Just to reiterate: everyone should get robco certified even for vanilla games)

For a vanilla game I'd also consider getting the Gun Runners' Arsenal - Right to Bear Arms mod, which distributes GRA weapons and items throughout the wasteland. I haven't felt there are any huge balance issues with it and it makes much more accessible some interesting variations on weapons.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

John Quixote posted:

For a vanilla game I'd also consider getting the Gun Runners' Arsenal - Right to Bear Arms mod, which distributes GRA weapons and items throughout the wasteland. I haven't felt there are any huge balance issues with it and it makes much more accessible some interesting variations on weapons.

it also turns many of the leather armor wearers in the game into nudists/undies patrol

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alouicious posted:

it also turns many of the leather armor wearers in the game into nudists/undies patrol

That's what that is? It just happened to my game last night.

Selecting each NPC and entering 'resurrect' in the console fixes it like 80% of the time, but there are still a few that insist on going undies-only.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

QUACKTASTIC posted:

That's what that is? It just happened to my game last night.

Selecting each NPC and entering 'resurrect' in the console fixes it like 80% of the time, but there are still a few that insist on going undies-only.

it's some error in the leveled list but the comment made on the nexus about puce being aware of it was made last year so i don't expect it to ever be fixed

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
More like a right to bare arms then

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

so who likes the chinese stealth armor
it's this guyyyy

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is Chinese Stealth Armor even part of New Vegas?

E: Apparently. Huh.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 9, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

LoonShia posted:

Is Chinese Stealth Armor even part of New Vegas?

E: Apparently. Huh.

Doesn't work the same as in F3, but you can find a couple suits in Hoover Dam. Still drat good armor for sneaking.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Brainamp posted:

Doesn't work the same as in F3, but you can find a couple suits in Hoover Dam. Still drat good armor for sneaking.

Yeah I think it is nerfed quite a bit IIRC.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Has anybody posted their "Project Nevada/Jsawyer" handmade compatibility patches here? I know some folks were talking about what they had to do to get them to work seamlessly, and it'd be nice if somebody were to just throw that up on a dropbox or google drive.

FawksyRawksy
Oct 17, 2012

John Quixote posted:

The way Right to Bears arms is implemented is in a way that it overwrites a lot of leveled lists so using it in a heavily modded setup will usually throw balance out the window even with a bashed/merged patch. Like finding an anti-material rifle at level 4 amounts of imbalance, along with the naked leather armor glitch that puce never fixed.

I'd replace it with http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47880/ which covers all the dlc as well as GRA and not just throwing a bunch of GRA weapons at every enemy in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Agents are GO! posted:

Has anybody posted their "Project Nevada/Jsawyer" handmade compatibility patches here? I know some folks were talking about what they had to do to get them to work seamlessly, and it'd be nice if somebody were to just throw that up on a dropbox or google drive.

What kind of incompatibilities do you mean? I only use PN Core so none of the extra items or the cyberware and I haven't noticed any weird interactions between the two mods.