Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Man Whore posted:

So I am playing J Sawyers for the first time and the 100 carry weight is kicking my rear end and I'm not even one of those people who have to grab every item they see. What is the reason the carry weight is so low? Is it an Economy preservation thing so you don't have 15000 caps by level ten or just a punishment for hoarders?

It's based a lot more on strength now. strong back is a lot better now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man Whore posted:

So I am playing J Sawyers for the first time and the 100 carry weight is kicking my rear end and I'm not even one of those people who have to grab every item they see. What is the reason the carry weight is so low? Is it an Economy preservation thing so you don't have 15000 caps by level ten or just a punishment for hoarders?

I'm guessing economy preservation and game balance. Makes strength valuable for any character. I am doing a heisenberg build so I gave him low end and str and I was crying all the way to the Big MT until I got the upgraded Spine. I get a lot of use out of those mojave boxes and companions as pack mules. I'd ship stuff back to Goodsprings for later sorting into Lombard Station, or Novac if you aren;t using that hideout.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I haven't played this game for a year. Has anything important happened / been released, or should I just pick up my mod setup where I left off?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WarLocke posted:

Are there any suggested SPECIAL or perk setups for a runthrough? I haven't played a Fallout game in for-loving-ever, and unlike Skyrim you can't just do whatever and max everything out, right?

I'm gonna look through that STEP guide posted a little earlier but goon mod recommendations would be cool, too. Other than the ones in the OP I guess.

Max out Luck and set Int to 3.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Max out Luck and set Int to 3.

Err. No.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Don't min max. Play with JSawyer on normal and make a character up in your head. Select special based on what vigor tester option best sounds like your character. Focus on a single combat skill (and perhaps a support combat skill like melee/explosives/unarmed etc) and a couple of non combat skills and play organically.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I had a surprising amount of luck using explosives as a primary combat skill on one character but I also had a mod that let me craft 40 mm grenades at a reloading bench. You could probably still do it considering how much dynamite powder gangers will give you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is Unarmed still hilarously over-powered in JSawyer?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man Whore posted:

I had a surprising amount of luck using explosives as a primary combat skill on one character but I also had a mod that let me craft 40 mm grenades at a reloading bench. You could probably still do it considering how much dynamite powder gangers will give you.

Ya I am doing an explosives run now. Mojave Walter White, been making judicious use of hand crafted explosives like fat mines and nuka grenades. The only gun I use is the Police Pistol...too bad I didn't check the requirements for quick draw. Gonna do the last mission with an LMG. JSawyer reduces the power of explosives, but with all the perks you still absolutely wreck poo poo. MFC clusters are amazing.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So if the game is freezing up whenever I enter a menu (such as looting a container or presssing escape) I need to purge the cell buffers, right?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Is there a reason why the 4gb patch in the OP should be giving me errors when I try to run it through MO? I tried the first one and it gave me a random memory error, the windows 8 version throws an 'access denied' message. :iiam:

e: It'll launch if I use the exe directly, but throws an error if I run it through MO. Weird...

Did you try running MO as admin?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Luminaflare posted:

So if the game is freezing up whenever I enter a menu (such as looting a container or presssing escape) I need to purge the cell buffers, right?

That's what I do. I don't use a mod that periodically does it automatically or anything; I just enter pcb into the console.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Mr.Grit posted:

Did you try running MO as admin?

Tried both MO and the FNV4GB exe as admin. Still get an access denied error about the child process.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Is there a one-shot package i can download for FONV mods.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I was being facetious.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Is there a list of all the music in Secret Stash? One of the songs, specifically the one that's half in Italian is stuck in my head and I need to know the name.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Man Whore posted:

Is there a list of all the music in Secret Stash? One of the songs, specifically the one that's half in Italian is stuck in my head and I need to know the name.

probably volare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWhkKVvqHU

could also be veni vini dici? there's a list in the readme

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Man Whore posted:

Is there a list of all the music in Secret Stash?
It's included in the download. The readme lists a few, but I it's incomplete if I recall right. There a complete list under Sound\Songs\radionvextend\

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

It was volare, thanks!

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Is there a mod that takes out the main quest? Weird idea I know. Kinda wanna RP a Max Rockatansky esque wanderer and begrudgingly solve people's problems across the wasteland.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Have you ever considered just ignoring it?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

A lot of quests in new vegas tie into the big conflict so I don't really see how that would be satisfying. You would have all this build-up without a climax.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

WarLocke posted:

Is there a reason why the 4gb patch in the OP should be giving me errors when I try to run it through MO? I tried the first one and it gave me a random memory error, the windows 8 version throws an 'access denied' message. :iiam:

e: It'll launch if I use the exe directly, but throws an error if I run it through MO. Weird...

Make sure you're using the newer 4GB Loader here and add the switch "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe" to the arguments for 4GB Loader in MO.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Is there a mod that takes out the main quest? Weird idea I know. Kinda wanna RP a Max Rockatansky esque wanderer and begrudgingly solve people's problems across the wasteland.

Just ignore it; you can pretty much play forever without touching the thing. You can even go gamble at the Tops if you avoid the end of the room with Benny.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Winson_Paine posted:

Just ignore it; you can pretty much play forever without touching the thing. You can even go gamble at the Tops if you avoid the end of the room with Benny.

No matter how hard I try to see him differently, Benny will always just be Chandler in a suit to me.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Propagandist posted:

No matter how hard I try to see him differently, Benny will always just be Chandler in a suit to me.

Could this wasteland BE any more radioactive?

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
Has anyone tried New Vegas Reborn? http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59631/

Looks possibly nifty.

Also: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59954/ :gonk:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah I'll be keeping an eye on NVR, that looks sweet potentially.

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
Is there a mod for crafting powder and primers? I tried a couple but they don't seem to show up in the menus.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

the Gtab mod in the op allows you to. Just don't touch the mass crafting options because they don't seem to work right. To craft a primer you need to breakdown brass, and to craft powder you breakdown dynamite. (you need some explosives skill)

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

Man Whore posted:

the Gtab mod in the op allows you to. Just don't touch the mass crafting options because they don't seem to work right. To craft a primer you need to breakdown brass, and to craft powder you breakdown dynamite. (you need some explosives skill)

That's the one I was looking for. Thanks my dude.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Any ideas on why my FOMM is crashing on me when I try to add a package in RAR form?

Friday, July 31, 2015 - 6:52:14 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Fomm.PackageManager.FomodBuilder.FomodFromSourceBuilder.BuildFomodFromSource(String p_strPath, NexusAPI p_nxaNexus)
at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.AddNewFomod(String p_strPath)
at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.addFOMODToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe
Is your game running? Ensure it's not.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Jinnigan posted:

Any ideas on why my FOMM is crashing on me when I try to add a package in RAR form?

Friday, July 31, 2015 - 6:52:14 PM
Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Fomm.PackageManager.FomodBuilder.FomodFromSourceBuilder.BuildFomodFromSource(String p_strPath, NexusAPI p_nxaNexus)
at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.AddNewFomod(String p_strPath)
at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.addFOMODToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Try extracting that package and then compressing it again in 7zip as not rar

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Man Whore posted:

Eh, mass crafting options are obsolete anyway now that this exists. JIP does some amazing work.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Mosnar posted:

Has anyone tried New Vegas Reborn? http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59631/

Looks possibly nifty.

The biggest bother so far is that New Vegas Reborn requires a beta build of NVSE, as the lowest build number it tolerates is an increment above the last stable build of NVSE.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Just got Tale of the Two Wastelands running with Project Nevada and a bunch of other mods. My zoom isn't zooming and talon company jumped me right after exiting vault 101 but its otherwise running like a dream, yay!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Just got Tale of the Two Wastelands running with Project Nevada and a bunch of other mods. My zoom isn't zooming and talon company jumped me right after exiting vault 101 but its otherwise running like a dream, yay!

Hey, free bad rear end combat armor for you

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
What mods are you guys actually rolling with right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

What mods are you guys actually rolling with right now?

Referencing the excellent and thoughtful OP is an excellent start.

Content: for those who are/have upgraded to Windows 10, I've found you need to alter the properties of falloutprefs.ini and fallout.ini in Users/Name/Documents/My Games/Fallout NV to give everyone listed "Full Control", or you may end up with a black, taunting screen like I did.

Edit: clarity