Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Man i forgot how tiring it is looking at FO3. All that green.

On a funny note, i messed up fade settings and had the spinning head glitch going for a bit, boy was that a creepy birthday party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
What are some good mods to add extra quests and areas other than what's in the OP? I've downloaded a few from nexus that I like the look of but wondered if anyone ha dsome first-hand recommendations as well.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

2house2fly posted:

What are some good mods to add extra quests and areas other than what's in the OP? I've downloaded a few from nexus that I like the look of but wondered if anyone ha dsome first-hand recommendations as well.

They are in the OP but basically all of someguy's quest mods and Deimos are fantastic and I have played them multiple times.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Long time no see. I've briefly come out of NV modding retirement because an American hero sent me the files necessary to fully model and lip sync Ulysses' face in my Ulysses companion mod. The full release should be out in a bit, but I thought I'd give you folks a sneak peek/shamelessly use you as beta testers, for old time's sake.

NB: Out of the 106 lines that my mod adds, only 100 are currently lip synced. The full range will be present in the final release, but I figured that 100/106 was good enough for a preview. I've also included scripting to make the mod forward-compatible, although I had to reinstall NV for this so I can't be 100% sure it works properly. Finally, for those of you who were very attached to Ulysses' mouth-mask-thing, a spare has been added to the DLC-end loot footlocker for you to give him.

Download it here and relive your favorite endless monologues with full modeling!

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
So guys, what the poo poo is going on? Logging in tonight in NMM and I download some "update" which fucks up everything I have.
I'm used to getting assraped by corps, but seriously; now I'm getting this poo poo from honest guys? I hate the fact that Bethesda somehow ended up being the good guys.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Death by Cranes posted:

So guys, what the poo poo is going on?
No one knows, because smart people don't use NMM.

To actually answer your question: Apparently Nexus introduced a fancy new mod-profile feature recently (the concept for which they did not at all copy from Mod Organizer in a desperate attempt to stay relevant, no sir). This upgrade requires you to uninstall and reinstall all of your mods, which has the unintended side effect of potentially completely loving up your mod setup. Oops.
This really should not be surprising though. I mean, NMM is being developed by a bunch of people who are so bad at it, that they've managed to create a bug that caused NMM to DDoS their own website. Twice.
You may be able to fix it by reversing to an older version of NMM. Though you will probably still have missing files. Take this opportunity to switch to another, better mod manager tool.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
stop loving using nexus mod manager

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Mod Organizer owns, and even lets you use the download with nexus mod manager button. I would not be having so much fun in TTW without MO being so braindead to use.
also,

SpookyLizard posted:

And how possible would it to be to make a mod that turns all piles of goo from plasma crits be called "gool pile" if it's a dead ghoul? Not a real concern, but sometimes i wonder why there aren't more stupid tiny mods like that.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SpookyLizard posted:

I'm so sick of saying this on Nexus and arguing with morons on Nexus as to why NMM isn't the best mod managing tool in the world and they always somehow seem shocked to find out there's alternatives and that those alternatives are actually better. Then most decide they won't use the alternatives anyway because they're lazy.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Nasgate posted:

And how possible would it to be to make a mod that turns all piles of goo from plasma crits be called "gool pile" if it's a dead ghoul?
Looking at the relevant script (PlasmaGooificationEffectScript), that could be difficult. Most of what happens seems to be hardcoded behind the function AttachAshPile. So you can't simply do a check if the victim is a ghoul and place a newly created "gool pile" when that's true.
A possible workaround might be to give ghouls an invisible token in their inventory, have a script run after the gooification that checks for that token and renames the pile.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

SpookyLizard posted:

This really needs to be the thread title.

Death by Cranes
May 3, 2006

These Blockbuster bombs don't go off unless you hit them ju-u-u-u-st right.
In my anger I hadn't even anticipated a real response. Go SA!

It'll be interesting to see what's coming up for F4.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Death by Cranes posted:

In my anger I hadn't even anticipated a real response. Go SA!

It'll be interesting to see what's coming up for F4.

Huge mosquitos with bangin' DD's.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Cirosan posted:

Long time no see. I've briefly come out of NV modding retirement because an American hero sent me the files necessary to fully model and lip sync Ulysses' face in my Ulysses companion mod. The full release should be out in a bit, but I thought I'd give you folks a sneak peek/shamelessly use you as beta testers, for old time's sake.

NB: Out of the 106 lines that my mod adds, only 100 are currently lip synced. The full range will be present in the final release, but I figured that 100/106 was good enough for a preview. I've also included scripting to make the mod forward-compatible, although I had to reinstall NV for this so I can't be 100% sure it works properly. Finally, for those of you who were very attached to Ulysses' mouth-mask-thing, a spare has been added to the DLC-end loot footlocker for you to give him.

Download it here and relive your favorite endless monologues with full modeling!

This is loving great. I don't have New Vegas installed right now, but I'll be sure to grab the mod when it's out and re-install it. Are you lip-syncing only the companion lines or also the original DLC lines from the Ulysses-Courier confrontation?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is there currently a preference between FOMM and MO for New Vegas?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Is there currently a preference between FOMM and MO for New Vegas?

MO doesn't handle FOMOD scripting well, which can make some of the more dynamic patches iffy i think but they've been getting better about it? it really only requires you to install a handful of mods in FOMM and launch FOMM through MO.

I vastly prefer FOMM in general though.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

This really needs to be the thread title.

FNV Modding Thread: Stop loving Using Nexus Mod Manager

and then carry that poo poo over for the Fallout 4 modding thread.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
God drat the steamworks in the Mothership are a slog in TTW with i presume Jsawyer. The only healing is the occasional 20 hp from biogels and the aliens have super powerful guns.

Eventually used god mode to get through Zeta, and man it just never stopped being a slog.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Nasgate posted:

God drat the steamworks in the Mothership are a slog in TTW with i presume Jsawyer. The only healing is the occasional 20 hp from biogels and the aliens have super powerful guns.

Eventually used god mode to get through Zeta, and man it just never stopped being a slog.

Zeta was a slog even without JSawyer or Damage Threshold being a thing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nasgate posted:

Bethesda forgot or never knew (more likely) that DR was multiplied by 2 for "creature" enemy types so instead of having 25 -> 40 -> 55% damage reduction they ended up having 55 -> 80 -> 85(110)% damage reduction :haw: so each enemy had effectively 2400 HP

This bug wasn't fixed in NV because creatures generally didn't use DR in their perk lists

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I did Zeta too recently with that mod and goddamn that bit in the UFO Hanger. Thank christ I horde all kinds of mines.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

I did Zeta too recently with that mod and goddamn that bit in the UFO Hanger. Thank christ I horde all kinds of mines.

FYI for anyone else. There's buttons on a balcoby that activate the bumpers around the UFO that will kill the mass enemies coming at you.

In other news, the other fallout 3 dlc and the rest of capital wasteland will be interesting since I have alien guns, winter power armor, and a Mr Gutsy.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

How the hell do you manage to stay at Neutral karma?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Console commands?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Pick the evil option all the time, and give hobos water.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oh, right, the karma dispensers. I generally play a paladin, so I've never bothered about giving them any of my poo poo.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Pick good option then kill and loot everyone :getin:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I also had a good time as a wasteland saviour with a penchant for human/Ghoul flesh.

More TTW progress. Test drove my drugs and alien weaponry in old gurney. Man the rewards are garbage considering how awful fighting deathclaws is. The worst part of deathclaws is how they have an undodgeable, block long leap that they ALWAYS initiate with.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Deathclaws? That's what miniguns and gatling lasers (not to mention the Red Glare) are for.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Nasgate posted:

I also had a good time as a wasteland saviour with a penchant for human/Ghoul flesh.

More TTW progress. Test drove my drugs and alien weaponry in old gurney. Man the rewards are garbage considering how awful fighting deathclaws is. The worst part of deathclaws is how they have an undodgeable, block long leap that they ALWAYS initiate with.

Get the dart gun if you haven't, you can cripple their legs with it really easily, at least that was the case in "actual" Fallout 3.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Nasgate posted:

FYI for anyone else. There's buttons on a balcoby that activate the bumpers around the UFO that will kill the mass enemies coming at you.

Yeah that is pretty obvious, but some will still get through.

And meet my mine field of 32 frag mines. gently caress yeah.

The custom Missle Launcher Anabelle is also a good Deathclaw killer. Messes up the Albino Rad Scorpians up something nasty too.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Real men use switchblades.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

SpookyLizard posted:

Real men use switchblades.

Gotta get that sweet achievement exp

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Deathclaws? That's what miniguns and gatling lasers (not to mention the Red Glare) are for.

I mean I had no trouble killing them, but the cost is still more than a couple mini nukes and another fatman.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

This is loving great. I don't have New Vegas installed right now, but I'll be sure to grab the mod when it's out and re-install it. Are you lip-syncing only the companion lines or also the original DLC lines from the Ulysses-Courier confrontation?

Mod added + original Ulysses-Courier confrontation lines are both supported, I'm told, but more because of an oversight than any additional work - all of Ulysses' lines in the base game had .lip files to sync them already, even though he had no face to use them.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Does anyone know about this Autumn Leaves mod? I just saw an article on RPS about it and it looks pretty big and well made, and was just released.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Seashell Salesman posted:

Does anyone know about this Autumn Leaves mod? I just saw an article on RPS about it and it looks pretty big and well made, and was just released.

Just got through with it and was considering posted thereupon. It's fair sized. Not quite, but almost, DLC sized. 99.86% VA, and they do a pretty drat good job even though you can barely tell the main guy is French.

It's a murder mystery, basically, and decently written with a bit of ethics, a smattering of morals, and the Three Laws thrown in for good measure. The write up states that a player of any rank can get through, but I would somewhat disagree. Went in there at level 30GodOfTheWastelandsomething and was glad to be able to pass some skill checks ..

8/10 would not play again because now I know whodunit. May go back to see if I can unlock a couple more rooms.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I'm about to start a playthrough with Autumn Leaves now.

Does anyone know how 'Companion Core', a dependency of RobCo Certified, works with JIP Companion Command & Control? JIP CCC says that it supports RobCo Certified, but I wonder if the Companion Core module will somehow interfere with it.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ThaumPenguin posted:

Get the dart gun if you haven't, you can cripple their legs with it really easily, at least that was the case in "actual" Fallout 3.
You now have to apply bark scorpion poison to the dart gun. And it only works for one shot. Other than that it's a really weak single shot pistol now, which makes sense because the original dartgun was too loving overpowered.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I just reinstalled FNV and am trying to put together mods again, but I've run into a problem: I'm trying to use Nevada Skies and an ENB preset that requires Nevada Skies, but when I enable Nevada Skies, ENB seems to be disabled. The ENB text doesn't show up in the initial loading screens, and the effects aren't applied in-game. If I disable Nevada Skies, the text shows up and effects apply (although something seems to be wrong, it's really blurry and runs slow). Any idea what's going on? I'm very early in the process, all I've added are FNV4GB, Project Nevada, NMC textures, ENB, and Nevada Skies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overdude
Mar 8, 2013
Did you remember to edit the Fallout 4gb shortcut to look something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FNV4GB.exe" -laaexe .\FalloutNV4GB.exe"