Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Project Nevada is good as a general overhaul. It adds stuff like sprinting and bullet time that use AP and lets you tweak a bunch of stuff like perks, XP gain, and random loot to adjust the difficulty. The modules add things like cybernetic upgrades hidden around the Mojave and the weapons from Fallout 3.
Project Nevada is also fairly modular, so you can enable and disable features as preferred. Personally I can no longer play this game without sprinting and grenade hotkey functionality.

Oh also, get CASM to avoid broken save files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So if I installed PN core and later decided I wanted the cybernetic module too, could I simply reinstall PN without my save freaking out about missing esps or breaking the scripting?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Canemacar posted:

So if I installed PN core and later decided I wanted the cybernetic module too, could I simply reinstall PN without my save freaking out about missing esps or breaking the scripting?

I've had to reinstall PN a couple of times after installing HUD mods, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Oh, yeah, by the way, get UIO after installing any and all HUD mods. It saves a lot of headache time.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Kumaton posted:

I've had to reinstall PN a couple of times after installing HUD mods, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Oh, yeah, by the way, get UIO after installing any and all HUD mods. It saves a lot of headache time.

Thanks, and yeah, UIO is basically required these days IMO.

I ended up giving Autumn Leaves a shot and it's actually pretty great. It's got a nice atmosphere, soothing music, interesting NPCs, a tone that doesn't clash with the rest of the game, and some fun quests.

Unfortunately, I ended up uninstalling it in my most recent mod reconfigure. I kept getting the bugged dialogue and I'm pretty sure at one point I got caught in a recursive quest loop that wouldn't let me advance. It's a shame, I especially liked how you could define your character's motivations through dialogue. If the author could hammer out the kinks, I'd probably make it a must-have in future playthroughs.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Cool and good:

Realtime Weapon Modding System

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Just so we're clear because the NVSE instructions were not: running NVSE once allows it to activate automatically using the normal Steam client, right? Or did I misread it?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

Just so we're clear because the NVSE instructions were not: running NVSE once allows it to activate automatically using the normal Steam client, right? Or did I misread it?

I always create a shortcut of the skse launcher for my desktop and use that.

You can check to see if skse is working by typing "get skseversion" into the console.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Canemacar posted:

I always create a shortcut of the skse launcher for my desktop and use that.

You can check to see if skse is working by typing "get skseversion" into the console.

Cool, thanks! Where should the better performance mod go on the list? Top? Bottom? Any? (it's the only one I'm using besides no crash and DLC)

E: that console command doesn't work. I know you meant "nvseversion" but regardless I get an error saying "Script command "get" not found."

E2: works now, removed the space

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 16, 2016

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

Cool, thanks! Where should the better performance mod go on the list? Top? Bottom? Any? (it's the only one I'm using besides no crash and DLC)

E: that console command doesn't work. I know you meant "nvseversion" but regardless I get an error saying "Script command "get" not found."

E2: works now, removed the space

My bad on the space. I suck at console syntax.

For all load order questions, I normally recommend LOOT. But since you've only got the two mods, I'd put the performance one last. The NVAC mod is pretty compatible.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The same modder has made a Fallout 4 style quickloot system, which is definitely recommended.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm actually against using LOOT because it seems determined to mess up my load order. Playing with Eve, wmx, project Nevada equipment, and wrp textures is a nightmare to get working properly, even with the fear and loathing guide. I had to go into fnv edit and find out specifically which mods were overwriting each other and then rearrange them to get the most compatibility, and even then I think a couple of eve textures failed to work.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm actually against using LOOT because it seems determined to mess up my load order. Playing with Eve, wmx, project Nevada equipment, and wrp textures is a nightmare to get working properly, even with the fear and loathing guide. I had to go into fnv edit and find out specifically which mods were overwriting each other and then rearrange them to get the most compatibility, and even then I think a couple of eve textures failed to work.

I understand. I personally avoided any weapon mods besides PN equipment and WRP just so I wouldn't have to deal with all those compatibility issues. Plus, EVE tanked my framerate.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So I've just started playing now after finally getting the DLCs in the steam summer sale. I've installed a few mods but I would like to know if any of you goons have suggestions for certain types of mods.

One is for weather mods, I would like to use one but I don't really like the super dark nights that seem to come with them. In Fallout 3 I used Wasteland Mood series which gave me really nice days and clear nights. Is there anything similar for NV?

The other is really silly weapons. Like ridiculously lorebreakingly silly. The one I played with in 3 had things like a railroad rifle that left railways sticking out of things, teddy bears that gave you eye lasers and crotch cannons, giant fish as melee weapons, etc. Sadly the one modder that did those things for 3 has only made a few companion mods for NV, like Old Snake or a talking dog that apparently can bark lasers or something, which isn't quite what I'm looking for.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I don't know much about the weather, but I can tell you about weird weapons.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38928/ A way of using misc items, like rakes, butter knives, and welding guns as weapons. Added to leveled lists.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37002/ It adds all the classic Fallout weapons into New Vegas. Added to leveled lists.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40000/ AG Supplementary Uniques, a whole bunch of uniquely designed weapons hand-added into the Wasteland.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44439/ A unique plasma pistol, modelled after the Mauser C96. At the Yangtze Memorial.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Ashsaber posted:

One is for weather mods, I would like to use one but I don't really like the super dark nights that seem to come with them. In Fallout 3 I used Wasteland Mood series which gave me really nice days and clear nights. Is there anything similar for NV?

I recommend Nevada Skies with it Blueberry Nights optional file. You get breath-taking vistas during the day and the blueberry nights make it moody but actually playable at night.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35998/

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Yeah, think I'll be using the first and third ones, they look neat.

Yeah, that looks pretty much like a NV version of the mod I liked. Thank you.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Modding FO4 and then playing it just made me long for New Vegas. What's new in the New Vegas modding community from the past year or so?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
The paid Skyrim mod fiasco resulted in a load of people putting "Forever Free" badges on their mods, and the Nexus will occasionally ask you to consider donating to a mod's author before downloading now. A big overhaul called DUST came out and inspired a few more ultra-hardcore gameplay mods. There was a quest mod called Autumn Leaves which was well received. The Fallout Mod Manager now makes mods show up a different colour when it detects a load order issue.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't suppose anybody else has made the move from using NVEC (New Vegas Enhanced Content) to something more up-to-date, like the Fear & Loathing In New Vegas guide? I'm looking at doing this and am curious if there's a whole ton of stuff NVEC covered that is missing from the end result of F&L or if it's, you know, well worth the change.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I decided to use the Roboco Certified mod, since it seemed really cool. It has since put me into a nasty situation. The Cyberus, one of the things I really wanted to use, because gently caress it, its a three headed heavily armed and armored cyberdog, causes constant crashes to desktop with its attacks. As in every ranged attack I've seen, and possibly on melee too. Also, it and a Lobotomite I made have apparently taken offence to a certain NPC in Novac, where I left them when I was adventuring. This NPC is quest critical for a quest I really want to do. So I'm just going to disable the mod, as that seems to be the easiest way to go about things.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Ashsaber posted:

I decided to use the Roboco Certified mod, since it seemed really cool. It has since put me into a nasty situation. The Cyberus, one of the things I really wanted to use, because gently caress it, its a three headed heavily armed and armored cyberdog, causes constant crashes to desktop with its attacks. As in every ranged attack I've seen, and possibly on melee too. Also, it and a Lobotomite I made have apparently taken offence to a certain NPC in Novac, where I left them when I was adventuring. This NPC is quest critical for a quest I really want to do. So I'm just going to disable the mod, as that seems to be the easiest way to go about things.

Shouldn't have cheated on the cert exam.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Send help. I finally got my poo poo modded out right and now I can't focus enough to get through Doc Mitchell's house. I'm terrible at gaming. I spent, like, 4 days processing the loving F&L In New Vegas guide and doing poo poo like merging plugins and making bashed tags and now I don't even play the loving thing?!

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Apoplexy posted:

Send help. I finally got my poo poo modded out right and now I can't focus enough to get through Doc Mitchell's house. I'm terrible at gaming. I spent, like, 4 days processing the loving F&L In New Vegas guide and doing poo poo like merging plugins and making bashed tags and now I don't even play the loving thing?!

Go do Honest Hearts or Dead Money first. They always perk me up at the start of a run.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So in lieu of playing the dozens of other games I have, I decided to reinstall New Vegas. :negative:

The last two times I played through NV, I sided with the NCR, so I wanted to try going with Caesar's Legion for a change. Someone said that it was worth installing mods to add in some more Legion content, since the vanilla game is somewhat lacking when it comes to Legion content.

I also thought about going with a melee character, but I'm hesitant. It's always been my (probably narrow-minded) perspective that melee-only characters wouldn't really fare that well, since human enemies with guns can blast you down before you can get close to them, and deathclaws and cazadores aren't type you want to go toe-to-toe with. It's something that doesn't really appeal to me, but I'd like to give it a try.

I thought about trying the Bounties mod (at least first two, since it sounds like the third one is pretty bad). Project Nevada seems interesting for the sprint feature, and I want to install Quickloot for sure. Autumn Leaves sound interesting, but I don't think it's suited for the character I listed above.Other than that, though, I'm not sure what else to install. I got a faster computer since I last played through the game, so I guess I could try one the graphical enhancement mods and it wouldn't cause too much trouble.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Project Nevada is the de-facto essential mod for FONV. Definitely use that. Melee characters really aren't that disadvantaged in FONV, either, for once. Unarmed and Melee are both on roughly equal footing, too, so you have a choice in which you wanna use.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Apoplexy posted:

Project Nevada is the de-facto essential mod for FONV. Definitely use that. Melee characters really aren't that disadvantaged in FONV, either, for once. Unarmed and Melee are both on roughly equal footing, too, so you have a choice in which you wanna use.

pick both. to take full advantage of unarmed or melee you have to get skill in both of them since there are some skills that'll require one of the two skills but will effect both unarmed and melee. melee is gonna be slightly higher damage but unarmed is gonna have more gimmicky stuff like pushy or the gloves in owb that can still very much have their uses at times.

Max Wilco posted:

So in lieu of playing the dozens of other games I have, I decided to reinstall New Vegas. :negative:

The last two times I played through NV, I sided with the NCR, so I wanted to try going with Caesar's Legion for a change. Someone said that it was worth installing mods to add in some more Legion content, since the vanilla game is somewhat lacking when it comes to Legion content.

I also thought about going with a melee character, but I'm hesitant. It's always been my (probably narrow-minded) perspective that melee-only characters wouldn't really fare that well, since human enemies with guns can blast you down before you can get close to them, and deathclaws and cazadores aren't type you want to go toe-to-toe with. It's something that doesn't really appeal to me, but I'd like to give it a try.

I thought about trying the Bounties mod (at least first two, since it sounds like the third one is pretty bad). Project Nevada seems interesting for the sprint feature, and I want to install Quickloot for sure. Autumn Leaves sound interesting, but I don't think it's suited for the character I listed above.Other than that, though, I'm not sure what else to install. I got a faster computer since I last played through the game, so I guess I could try one the graphical enhancement mods and it wouldn't cause too much trouble.
having to fight deathclaws and cazadores is why you also couple melee or unarmed with explosives for easy limb crippling to kick off combat against quick deadly enemies. melee and unarmed are so satisfying once you find a decent weapon (INCREDIBLY easy with knock knock being not too far from goodsprings) that i find it hard to want to play guns at this point

vvvv i forgot that part. you're gonna get a ton of ammo you're not gonna use that you can sell for extreme profit when playing melee/unarmed.

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Jul 8, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Guns just use ammunition, which is expensive. Punching someone in the face is free.

They're also superior for a stealth run, since even the shotgun power fist and the fire sword are silent.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Guns just use ammunition, which is expensive. Punching someone in the face is free.

You've got a point there.

So I installed Mod Organizer, and I'm having more trouble getting it setup than I expected. I got NVAC and the Someguy Series thing for the Bounties mod. However, I ended up with item in the list marked as 'Overwrite', and all the Non-Mod Organizer iterms are marked as 'Unmanaged'. Is that normal or did I screw something up? Also, regarding NVSE, do I need to coordinate that with Mod Organizer? I haven't installed it yet, and I'm wondering if I can install it with MO.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 8, 2016

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Max Wilco posted:

So I installed Mod Organizer, and I'm having more trouble getting it setup than I expected. I got NVAC and the Someguy Series thing for the Bounties mod. However, I ended up with item in the list marked as 'Overwrite', and all the DLC item are marked as 'Unmanaged'. Is that normal? Also, regarding NVSE, do I need to coordinate that with Mod Organizer?

If your Overwrite item on your list isn't marked as red, then it shouldn't be anything you need to worry about. Same with anything marked 'Unmanaged'. It simply means it's a mod that wasn't installed by Mod Organizer, or by putting it in the root NV folder.

And, yes, you do need to configure NVSE with Mod Organizer, but all it entails is finding the NVSE .exe using MO's executive manager and filling in one or two boxes. You should then be able to launch your game through NVSE from the main window by clicking the down arrow on your 'Launch Game' box and selecting the NVSE item.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I'm still salty that a big weapons overhaul like 20th century weapons was never released for NV. :argh::hf::salt:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Kumaton posted:

If your Overwrite item on your list isn't marked as red, then it shouldn't be anything you need to worry about. Same with anything marked 'Unmanaged'. It simply means it's a mod that wasn't installed by Mod Organizer, or by putting it in the root NV folder.

And, yes, you do need to configure NVSE with Mod Organizer, but all it entails is finding the NVSE .exe using MO's executive manager and filling in one or two boxes. You should then be able to launch your game through NVSE from the main window by clicking the down arrow on your 'Launch Game' box and selecting the NVSE item.

Well, I got NVSE setup with MO, and so far, everything looks pretty good. I had my old save games left over, so I played part of the Bounties I mod, and it seems like NVAC is working, because I don't get the crash when I quit.

However, setting up mods is still confusing. For example, I tried to install the Better Binoculars mod, but I don't know how to select or sort the data folders so that everything works.

As far as the other mods I thought about installing, I was going to install MCM and CASM, though with CASM, I don't know if I should delete all my old save games first. I thought about trying one of the graphical enhancement mods, but I don't know which one is really preferred or recommended. I'm familiar with Imaginator from Gopher's videos, but that's about it.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Max Wilco posted:

However, setting up mods is still confusing. For example, I tried to install the Better Binoculars mod, but I don't know how to select or sort the data folders so that everything works.

As far as the other mods I thought about installing, I was going to install MCM and CASM, though with CASM, I don't know if I should delete all my old save games first. I thought about trying one of the graphical enhancement mods, but I don't know which one is really preferred or recommended. I'm familiar with Imaginator from Gopher's videos, but that's about it.

If you get an error message that you data folders aren't on top when you're about to install a mod, you just have to click-n-drag the files it shows in the window up to the big ">data" header at the top. Ideally, if it shows a folder called "Data" under that, you'll just open up the folder in the window and drag all of it's contents, such as Meshes, Textures, and Sounds files, along with any .esms and .esps to the ">data" folder. It's a bit more work than installing a mod with FOMM, for example, but unlike FOMM, you don't get false positives where a mod says it's installed but it actually moved everything into a Data folder inside F: NV's Data folder.

CASM doesn't require you to delete your old save files. Be sure to set your max save games or your save frequency low enough so you don't get a lot of saves that take up space, though.

As for visual mods, it really depends on preference. Imaginator is an excellent choice for low-end machines, but ENB goes a few steps beyond, though it is taxing if you're not using a current computer. ENB presets are generally a crapshoot, though, as they can do stuff like make nights almost completely black or make your DOF low enough that your own gun in your hand gets super-blurry. Be sure to find a good preset that fits what you're looking to get out of the game, install everything correctly by following the instructions in the second post of this thread, and be willing to mess around with stuff and settings in the in-game editor to make everything right for you.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah, ENBs are incredibly configurable, but the config options are the least intuitive poo poo ever because :jerkbag:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Max Wilco posted:

You've got a point there.

So I installed Mod Organizer, and I'm having more trouble getting it setup than I expected. I got NVAC and the Someguy Series thing for the Bounties mod. However, I ended up with item in the list marked as 'Overwrite', and all the Non-Mod Organizer iterms are marked as 'Unmanaged'. Is that normal or did I screw something up? Also, regarding NVSE, do I need to coordinate that with Mod Organizer? I haven't installed it yet, and I'm wondering if I can install it with MO.

Already been stated, but don't worry about the Overwrite folder, it's always going to fill up with .ini files auto-genned by NVSE files. You can either move them to the FONV base data folder, a new MO-managed mod, or not care about 'em. All 3 of those methods function the same. :) Unmanaged mods are your poo poo installed in the FONV base data folder, basically should just be FONV and your DLC. Just put 'em at the top of the list so they're overridden by mods.

Also, I would like to recommend an ENB and weather setup: http://www.moddb.com/mods/urwlnv-ultimate-edition-v20

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Kumaton posted:

If you get an error message that you data folders aren't on top when you're about to install a mod, you just have to click-n-drag the files it shows in the window up to the big ">data" header at the top. Ideally, if it shows a folder called "Data" under that, you'll just open up the folder in the window and drag all of it's contents, such as Meshes, Textures, and Sounds files, along with any .esms and .esps to the ">data" folder. It's a bit more work than installing a mod with FOMM, for example, but unlike FOMM, you don't get false positives where a mod says it's installed but it actually moved everything into a Data folder inside F: NV's Data folder.

The Better Binoculars one's confusing, though since there's two DATA folders listed (one listed under '<data'>, and another listed under the 'Binoculars Shapes' directory), and I can't figure out how to merge them so that they work properly. Either it applies the extra zoom without the binocular shape, or it flat out doesn't work. If I can't get it work, that's fine. I'm just worried I'll run into the problem again with something else.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Max Wilco posted:

The Better Binoculars one's confusing, though since there's two DATA folders listed (one listed under '<data'>, and another listed under the 'Binoculars Shapes' directory), and I can't figure out how to merge them so that they work properly. Either it applies the extra zoom without the binocular shape, or it flat out doesn't work. If I can't get it work, that's fine. I'm just worried I'll run into the problem again with something else.

Fear and Loathing In New Vegas covers how to do something like that. First you set the data directory to the proper one, then you go into the optional subdirectory that you're talking about (Binoculars Shapes) and drag it up to the base. Boom.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Fear and Loathing In New Vegas covers how to do something like that. First you set the data directory to the proper one, then you go into the optional subdirectory that you're talking about (Binoculars Shapes) and drag it up to the base. Boom.

This site here?: http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas

I've tried dragging the directories onto one another, but they don't seem to combine properly. Instead it just adds it to the list, as a sub category.

Here's the collapsed mod list:

Most of the time when I install it, I'll get the increased zoom, but the side will have these weird grey blinders on the side.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus Christ. That is one hosed-up archive. Clearly not intended for use by MO installers. I say unpack the dang thing manually somewhere else, merge the few options you prefer together properly, then zip that directory up and install that in MO.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Max Wilco posted:

This site here?: http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas

I've tried dragging the directories onto one another, but they don't seem to combine properly. Instead it just adds it to the list, as a sub category.

Here's the collapsed mod list:

Most of the time when I install it, I'll get the increased zoom, but the side will have these weird grey blinders on the side.

Just guessing, but based on the structure there it looks like you are meant to choose one "data" folder depending on if you want "binocular shape" or not. \Data if you don't want it, \Binocular Shape\Data if you do.

e: also obviously just choose one of those .esps in the "optional" folder at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Seashell Salesman posted:

Just guessing, but based on the structure there it looks like you are meant to choose one "data" folder depending on if you want "binocular shape" or not. \Data if you don't want it, \Binocular Shape\Data if you do.

e: also obviously just choose one of those .esps in the "optional" folder at most.

Yeah, I unpacked the mod and took a look at the readme file, and it turns out you're supposed to alter the .ini file.

quote:

1. Copy the contents of the included Data folder to your New Vegas Data folder. If you are using the steam version, you can find you data folder at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data" or a similar location.

2. Open FalloutPrefs.ini in your "MyGames\FalloutNV" folder. Add this line to the [Display] section:

fScopeScissorAmount=0

If you don't follow this step, you will get opaque bars on the left and right of your zoom screen.

If you are still getting the opaque bars, check to make sure your change is still saved. If you have trouble, try making the change in Fallout.ini. You can also try Fallout_default.ini in your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas" folder. Make sure to make a backup of Fallout_default.ini before editing it.

The reason why there are two different data directories is because 'Binocular Shape' is a separate version that lets you retain the cutout shape from the zoom.

quote:

To get a more cartoonish binocular shape, use the contents of the "Binocular Shape" folder instead of the regular Data folder. I wiped down the lens as best I could with an old rag I found. Delete the binocular.dds file in your "fallout new vegas\Data\Textures\Weapons\Scope" folder to return the lenses to their previously dirty state.

I added the line to all three .ini files, but it did no good, so I think I'm going to give up on it.