Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want to make a mod where a trader comes to Freeside carrying vintage Elvis holotapes, sparking off a huge gang war between the Kings and junkies who stole the holotapes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Arcsquad12 posted:

I want to make a mod where a trader comes to Freeside carrying vintage Elvis holotapes, sparking off a huge gang war between the Kings and junkies who stole the holotapes.

More like sparking off a huge war between you IRL and whoever owns Elvis's catalogue of recordings.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Seashell Salesman posted:

More like sparking off a huge war between you IRL and whoever owns Elvis's catalogue of recordings.

Not like I'd ever post it on the nexus. Keep it hidden from major sites.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Just put a lite version on the nexus where the holotapes are a quest item that you cant listen to.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Did anyone ever look into making NPCs react negatively to you grabbing owned items? Being able to steal anything you want by picking it up and hauling it into the bathroom with you first is a pretty big exploit so I'm guessing someone would've already done it if it was possible.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Listen. If the Van Graffs won't stop me going into the Silver Rush with a Stealth Boy, they have only themselves to blame.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Crindee posted:

Did anyone ever look into making NPCs react negatively to you grabbing owned items? Being able to steal anything you want by picking it up and hauling it into the bathroom with you first is a pretty big exploit so I'm guessing someone would've already done it if it was possible.

I think so, but I never use it because I have a desperate need to rob the Van Graffs of everything they own.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

What's the go-to mod for balance improvements these days?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Jsawyer or Project Nevada

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.
I'm having an odd problem when using the Light Machine Gun. My character can hip fire it without problems but when I right click to aim and fire, the character bends at the hips and fires downward, even when using VATS. Kind of a downer since I wanted to do a heavy weapons SCP themed playthrough.

I'm using several mods but none of them modify meshes or weapon animations. The character has 100 in Guns and ST 8.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? There is a mp4 of the problem in the link below if it helps any.

https://filetea.me/t1s1S8gZsuhRqWImCdRtZRvOg

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

TerryLennox posted:

I'm having an odd problem when using the Light Machine Gun. My character can hip fire it without problems but when I right click to aim and fire, the character bends at the hips and fires downward, even when using VATS.
Do you use any animation replacers? If yes, remove them and see if that solves it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Or just overwrite/reinstall them, because yep that's definitely an animation bug. I had who even knows as an anim setup last time, reinstalled WAR clean on top of everything, fixed it right up. Of course if you don't' use WAR, uh, install whatever you do use :v:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Anyone got any recommendations for standalone medium/heavy armor mods? I'm sure everyone knows what the armor selection is on the Nexus and it's a slog going through boobplate after boobplate.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kumaton posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for standalone medium/heavy armor mods? I'm sure everyone knows what the armor selection is on the Nexus and it's a slog going through boobplate after boobplate.

Wasteland Soldier armor is a pretty good kitbash. Wasteland Engineer armor is good as well, as is Graham's armor.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.
Raygereio and Psion you guys hit it right in the head.

I think what happened is that I probably forgot to delete the New Vegas folder after I deleted it and reinstalled it. Probably a rogue folder remained. I wasn't using WAR but I built the fomod from the instructions in the forum and now my character no longer looks like a sketch from Monty Python when firing the LMG.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

Any suggestion for more realistic textures for people? Not interested in nude textures but the play doh-toned skins really piss me off. Particularly the legs. The skin looks like someone outlined a leg and then filled in the area in a shade of beige in Paint.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Anyone have any experience with how well New Vegas Uncut - Freeside Open and New Vegas Restoration - NVR play together? On first glance they seem to load fine, looks like the only thing they have in common is modifying the immediate area around the gate to the strip, but these things can be so finicky that I wouldn't be surprised to find out that just that was enough for NVR to break half the quests that Freeside Uncut restores or something.

TerryLennox posted:

Any suggestion for more realistic textures for people? Not interested in nude textures but the play doh-toned skins really piss me off. Particularly the legs. The skin looks like someone outlined a leg and then filled in the area in a shade of beige in Paint.

what's wrong dude don't you want all the women to look like nude bodybuilders

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

TerryLennox posted:

There's a Type 3 armor replacer that adds Type 3 without any nudity, and I think Roberts comes with non-nudity standard. For faces, Fallout Character Overhaul modifies every face in the base game with mostly original sculpts, along with more human-like faces for player characters. The jury's out on whether they look good or not, so it's worth going through the gallery and see if you like them or not.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
High Resolution Male Body Textures by Dragbody.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

double nine posted:

What's the go-to mod for balance improvements these days?

Jsawyer ultimate.

Crindee posted:

Anyone have any experience with how well New Vegas Uncut - Freeside Open and New Vegas Restoration - NVR play together? On first glance they seem to load fine, looks like the only thing they have in common is modifying the immediate area around the gate to the strip, but these things can be so finicky that I wouldn't be surprised to find out that just that was enough for NVR to break half the quests that Freeside Uncut restores or something.

Probably not well. Also the best "most updated" version of Uncut is here:

https://github.com/Uncut/Uncut

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Freeside open plays better with strip open than nvr, but using fso is always a risk because of how many quests and mods funnel through freeside.

Corsec
Apr 17, 2007
Are either Warzones and Increased Wasteland Spawns worth playing with and are they stable? I'm looking for something that can provide dynamic conflict between factions without major stability issues. Like Immersive Patrols for Skyrim, but for New Vegas. I've been playing with rePOPULATED WASTELAND, but I uninstalled it since it only gives unrepeatable scripted battles at pre-determined locations. Once I've triggered most or all of them all I suppose there's little reason to keep it in my load order.

Spent a completely ridiculous amount of time working and playtesting to reach my ideal Skyrim load order, then decided to just switch back to New Vegas since it actually has decent combat mechanics and I miss guns.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Corsec posted:

Are either Warzones and Increased Wasteland Spawns worth playing with and are they stable?

I think both of them did bad things to my game eventually (obviously not in the same playthrough), my vote is don't use them.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Crindee posted:

:stonk:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Crindee posted:

while this is not my cup of tea, they've done a good job with the neck seams

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Corsec posted:

Are either Warzones and Increased Wasteland Spawns worth playing with and are they stable? I'm looking for something that can provide dynamic conflict between factions without major stability issues. Like Immersive Patrols for Skyrim, but for New Vegas. I've been playing with rePOPULATED WASTELAND, but I uninstalled it since it only gives unrepeatable scripted battles at pre-determined locations. Once I've triggered most or all of them all I suppose there's little reason to keep it in my load order.

Spent a completely ridiculous amount of time working and playtesting to reach my ideal Skyrim load order, then decided to just switch back to New Vegas since it actually has decent combat mechanics and I miss guns.

What's up, ex-Skyrim buddy? :hfive:

IWS is pretty stable. I've been running since around May on various saves and mod loadouts and it hasn't messed around with my saves. Just prepare to get your poo poo kicked in on lower levels, especially on the road to Nipton/Novac. It adds a ridiculous amount of Vipers.

I haven't messed around with Warzones for a while, but IIRC it's pretty stable as long as you have a higher-end PC. It adds a ton of men fighting men so there's going to be a fair amount of lag without one.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Worth noting that if you're running TTW, there is a MMM conversion (with MCM support!) as well as a patch that brings MMM features into New Vegas.

I almost exclusively run with TTW these days, even if I just pop over to DC just to shoot things. New Vegas is just so drat good.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Gyshall posted:

I almost exclusively run with TTW these days, even if I just pop over to DC just to shoot things. New Vegas is just so drat good.

Honestly the thing that consistently killed my interest kn TTW whenever I played it was that I had to play through FOR to get to the good stuff and that there's major bugs if you start in the Mojave.

Unrelated, but does anybody know of any mods that reduces or eliminates the "flinching when you get crippled/shot a bunch" mechanic? I'm getting tired of Jackals/Vipers/Convicts swarming me with SMGs when I'm low-level and getting stunlocked into oblivion.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Does anyone know what mod gives the lazer rifle and such an animated holographic (?) scope? I thought it was WRP but i think i was wrong.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I think it's this one.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Hmm, no its not that one, The one im talking about had orange moving lines that seemed to act like crosshairs, if i remember correctly

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rrussom posted:

Does anyone know what mod gives the lazer rifle and such an animated holographic (?) scope? I thought it was WRP but i think i was wrong.
EVE?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Yup that sure sounds like EVE

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
That might be it, thanks guys.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
So I've been fiddling around with making one of the backpack mods apply a couple penalties like a movespeed decrease while you wear it (I like the idea of having a reason to occasionally drop it), and after a sweaty, embarassingly-long amount of time I've managed to cobble something together, but in order to apply the speed increase that comes from dropping the bag I have to sneak in order to get the game to recalculate my new speed. Not like it's a big deal, but anyone know if there's a way to do that via GECK instead? Preferably a simple one because I have no real idea what I'm doing?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Was Lombard station the goon made house that had a trophy room?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I recently had to reinstall everything on my computer and I lost my mods. Goddamnit. It's been a long time since I last played, anyway, so I might as well start fresh. My main goals are to make the game more interesting (but not necessarily more difficult) and probably make it look nicer.

I know I'll probably need FOMM and NVSE - and I'm going to get Project Nevada. Any recommendations? Am I making a dumb decision by picking FOMM over something like Mod Organizer?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Was Lombard station the goon made house that had a trophy room?

Yes to the first, no to the second. It has weapon walls and ammo racks, also a few mannequins, but no trophy room per se

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Underground Hideout has a room where the decorations change depending on which quests you've completed. Is that it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I was meaning weapon walls. I was trying to remember which of the various houses I installed along with tailor maid to have a minimal mod game. Lombard is cool and good, I might install the tent next time around though.