Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Quick question: First time using the Armory mod, where can I find the majority of the weapons? I'm not sure if there were options for specific spawns but I just did whatever the default is. Are there cabinets somewhere I missed, or are they all just out there to find randomly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Naky posted:

If you're using the leveled lists, they show up randomly with enemies per tier and loot containers. Certain shops have them too. The cabinets are behind the prospectors saloon.

I'm a bit confused by this, how do you get the cabinets? I can't find them. I'm guessing I installed something wrong. I have the leveled lists enabled, do I need to turn those off to see the cabinet?

Akumos fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 13, 2012

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Naky posted:

There was an optional cabinet ESP when you installed it, you need that to see them.

Huh.. I don't see that, maybe I'll re-install it.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Naky posted:

If you're using the FOMOD, yeah, you probably will have to re-install. The manual install has all the esps in the 7z file so you could have just copied it over into your Data folder. Note though that the cabinet esp has a hilarious benefit of equipping the good folks of Goodsprings up very well when the Powder Gangers come calling. I can fix that but refuse to since I think it's frickin' hilarious.

I wouldn't know, I murdered the whole town in about a minute this run.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Man, people still post in Fallout: NV threads? Here is a video I made at release of my #1 playstyle.

https://www.youtube.com/v/K5m0DfU3Ipg&hd=1

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I was reading the visual guide thing in the OP and this part is confusing me:

Finishing touches
At this point, you'll want to copy your base dir files (not folders) into /exes/. Also copy /enbseries/, /SweetFX/ and /Data/shaders/. This will let you use NVSE with the 4GB workaround and ENB/SFX.

I copied the main dir files, not the folders, but is that second part telling me to copy the files from those folders like enbseries or copy the folder itself? Some of those folders have more folders within them anyway, not sure.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Gyshall posted:

You just need to copy the d3d9.dll file into /exes/

What am I even using to launch the game with at this point? I tried FOMM but it doesn't seem like SweetFX works then, do I use that? This game seems really overly complicated to mod compared to anything I've touched before, even tons of Skyrim mods were easy to deal with. Similar, but editing the graphics is just a pain.

I've already copied way more than the d3d9.dll file btw, do I need to remove that other poo poo?

Akumos fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 3, 2015

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
All of the SweetFX presets I've tried just make my game super loving dark. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Gyshall posted:

There aren't really any good ones, except that you can use some of them for better AA/Sharpening if that is your thing.

Otherwise don't bother with them.

looks like I got duped by the OP