Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Nice OP Creamguy

Also, playable fox race came out last night!

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Finally I can roleplay with full immersion :dance:

I'm kinda disappointed the fox doesn't have tits and a bigger dick but the mod addons are probably underway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

This german dialogue resembles some sort of mental russian roulette. One of these options will exit the conversation, but one of them will activate a brutal furry rape sequence.

Abandon all hope, and click.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Those are really cool, especially the pistol. Almost enough to make me pick up energy weapons for the first time. Though my biggest beef with FO3/NV plasma weapons isn't their ugly looks, it's their fuzzy projectile and greenish firing effect. I basically always use iron sights and can't see poo poo when firing plasma weapons.

Wouldn't mind a mod that almost completely removes the green firing "cloud" and makes the plasma projectile smaller and more solid.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

->Check weapon mod

.44 Magnum silencer

Where is this from? :stare:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Thanks, also seems like some new companions are available.

There's this guy

Click here for the full 1024x640 image.

And I don't even know what

Click here for the full 1360x768 image.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Exactly how much radiation you need to turn a platypus into this... thing?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

So IWS is stable and worth using?

Started playing this again yesterday and installed the mods I wanted but missed that. I used to have MMM with FO3 but it caused random crashes so spawn increasers sort of left a poop taste in my mouth.

How much extra spawns does the basic version that doesn't require NVSE add?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

IWS comments posted:

I noticed a possible bug, I'm getting active spawns of Evolved Centaurs, Coyotes and Feral Ghouls in the middle of Primm, killing the residents. Had it happend on high and med spawns. Also, only happend once so far so not sure if issue with IWS, but was heading to NoVac and got message basically telling me Manny Vargis was killed, never did find his body. Those are the only things I've noticed so far..

Seems like I'll just install the basic one without active spawns for now.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Naky posted:

a culling of assholes

This still means banning people who vote down furry dick mods, right?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I'm setting up mods for some more playing. My old data folder was such a loving mess I just decided to reinstall the whole thing and set mods from scratch. I was wondering though, anyone here use Western Skies and that SSL lighting mod? They work together okay?

I don't think there should be any problems but can't really find a straight answer.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Arenovalis posted:

Just started..

Been holding my breath for this a long time. Thanks for doing it.

I hope you'll do brush gun too while you're working on the originals again :shobon:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

SourceElement posted:

Awesomeness. Been browsing through the thread across the past several days, and everything looks really sweet. I haven't played NV since November, so a bunch of mods should make for fun times.

Also, has anyone tried any of the plant/grasses mods? This one caught my eye in particular, since it was by Vurt. His work on Morrowind's plants was nothing short of amazing, so this looks like it might be pretty drat good, too. (I hate that imgur turned the last image into a JPG.)

EDIT: Had two of the same image, fixed that.

I looked at the images on your post and thought "meh, that poo poo's like Oblivion has always looked like". Then I remembered I'm not looking at Oblivion. :v:

But yeah, that there sure is a nice pile of trees, gonna get it tonight.

Wonder what other mods are flying under my radar after many months of FNV absence...

e: Just realized that Vurts mod might not react well to Detailed Normals since it does some stuff to trees and such too. Anyone using both?

Fewd fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 10, 2011

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Stop staring at me. I'm not removing the Vurt mod because of you :mad:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Arenovalis posted:

Awesome. I was using brush gun yesterday and the original textures are utterly terrible.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Question for people using Military Expansion Program; does this also add legion troops all over? The description page only blathers on and on about adding NCR, which is all fine and dandy of course, but I'd wanna see much more legion also.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Mr. Crow posted:

Not yet thought when I eventually play NV again and start modding it I'm going to be expanding on it (more then just increased NPCs in bases, but additional things such as patrols). Played through as NCR at first so I didn't feel comfortable/qualified to see which area's for the legion needed to be adjusted.

Oh you're the same Crowperson who made the mod? Nice, more patrols would be welcome. Especially legion since their patrols would be mostly cosmetic as they're so pathetic they can't actually kill anything.

That reminds me, gonna load up geck and add a little more DT to the legion armors. I'm sure there's already some mod for it but I'm not looking for a bigger overhaul, just some more DT so they won't be so pitiful.

I just watched some caravan with 4 people completely cream two legion ambushes without taking any casualties. And the other ambush even had some higher level legion guys like a Vexilarius or however you spell it.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

e: ^ Ooo, that actually looks like something I might get instead.

Terpfen posted:

Use FOOK. Problem solved.

Mneh. I prefer to use smaller mods and tweak things myself to get exactly what I want.

Anyway, I was going through some item stats and it's looking pretty stupid. Not only do NCR troops (and pretty much everyone else) have superior weapons compared to the Legion, their armors are way better also. Guess General Oliver is even more retarded I originally thought for simply not charging and rolling all over Caesars silly hill fortress.

Gonna go through Legion armors and up them so that Legion units have 2-3 DT more than NCR units of equal tier. If that doesn't work, then maybe give them a little more melee skill too.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Legionnaires should definitely have some pretty ridiculous melee skills, judging by the way they're trained and drilled. It might be worth looking into before trying to justify the superior DT of sports equipment.

Also... most of them are wielding machetes, right? Machete damage is loving 11. Normal NCR armor DT is 10. Yeah. No wonder they never win.

I wonder if the game shits itself if I make knife spears from Dead Money as standard weapon of Legion? Haven't tried dumping DLC gear in original game area yet. Those spears would fit Legion theme well too, like that ring in the goatman picture. If that doesn't work out, hatchets (16 dmg) would be a decent option too.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Old brush gun wood parts look nice enough, but the metal part textures on the retex are just lightyears ahead of that old one.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Kin posted:

Is there a mod (or a way to mod) the mouse speed in menus? In the game it's fine but whenever i bring up a menu the curser is a hell of a lot faster which makes it hard to navigate the menus.

That falls into the "mouse feels like poo poo" category, see second post. Although, if I remember right, it was some other ini file those lines had to be written to. One of the three, there's one in Steams FNV directory and two in your My Documents somewhere.

Also mods don't disable achievements for all I know.

e: Thought there was a fourth line; http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/848156-new-vegas-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

Don't remember if that ini was right either. I just put it in every loving ini and mouse acceleration is gone :v:

Fewd fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 17, 2011

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Kin posted:

Cheers for that.

Hmm, if it wasn't the mods then the only other thing i can think of that's disable the achievements is the noclip mode i had to activate when i got stuck in between a bunch of rocks at the side of new vegas. Neither gamefaqs or the game mentioned anything about those disabling achievements though. :/

Came across this http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout%3a_New_Vegas_achievements_and_trophies

quote:

First and foremost, using the console on the PC version for any reason will disable achievements for that play session. This includes non-controversial commands such as save. Simply opening the console will not disable achievements; a command must be entered and run via the console.

So guessing it's the noclip thing then.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Here.

EDIT:

And here, details.

I wonder if the game will finally run without the dll fix. I think it would be fair to assume that a game launched 8 months ago would at least work without some dll downloaded from Nexus.

Dunno of others but mine still crashes without exception if I don't use it.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Terpfen posted:

I never needed a DLL fix. Would be nice if I didn't need a 4GB exe, but that's a separate issue, since I've got the Ojo Bueno textures installed.

Out of interest, what graph card you have? Back when this came out, I had 8800 GT which it crashed with. Now I got GTX 560 Ti and same thing.

There's a funny thing, if I reinstall the drivers, the game will run one single time without the dll fix. That's it. After I reboot or whatever, it requires the dll again. I've gone through forums and there are plenty of people with same problem but no solutions.

Don't really feel like reinstalling graphics drivers every time I play this.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Swartz posted:

Well, if the dll works keep using it. That is strange though.

It works, as in the game launches and all, but it's quite laggy with the dll. There is a huge improvement in frame rate and texture loading times if I run it without the dll, after reinstalling the drivers.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

NVidia, the way it's not meant to be played
:qqsay:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Also Nevada Skies seems kind of neat but I get a weird problem where the clouds don't pop in until 15 seconds after I've gone outside.

I got same thing with Western Sky, at least on my end it's caused by the dll fix loving up texture loading times.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

I'm pretty sure I've reinstalled Windows since then, but could you tell me what file it is that I need to delete to make sure it's not that?

It's d3d9.dll in the New Vegas folder. Not the \data folder, but the root one with executables and such.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

fennesz posted:

You kids and your sex mods make me sick.

Also, this game needs more armors v. bad.

Really wish there were more clothing mods with relatively "normal" gear, like this leather jacket. It's tiresome to waddle through a sea of tits and anime on Nexus to find anything good.

I just reinstalled this game after a quite long break and holy poo poo the NMC texture mod :monocle:. That dude put a lot of effort in and it shows. Too bad I think I'm lacking ram for the largest package.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Which version? You can disable them in 0.6.3.

Can you disable radstorms and other extras of that kind too? How dark are Nevada Skies nights? Think I'll switch to this from PR because PR simply has too dark nights. I don't mind it being much darker than vanilla, but this one has them pitch black.

Also I really don't like the stupid echoes thing, and even less about the plans to do courier VO's. I mean drat, just make a separate mod you rear end in a top hat.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The Low Profile Armor Mod v1.0 or LPAM for short. It's not the greatest thing in the world

:staredog:

This is awesome. You're awesome. Just the sort of armors I was looking for.

e: Think you forgot the .esp. There's only meshes and textures in the package.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 7, 2011

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

gently caress.

Well this is weird'ish. I installed LPAM and the game would hang on loading screen with the roulette wheel spinning. Deactivated esp and same thing. Deleted everything LPAM related from \data and then it works as usual.

Something be borked. :smith:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Huh...not sure why that would be, especially if the .esp is disabled / removed. Could you humor me and install the mod and see if you can start a new game? I had a similar experience with another mod, where trying to load it on a pre-existing save frequently caused the load screen to hang.

If anybody else has tried out LPAM, is it causing your game to hang?

Just noticed it's not LPAM. Not really sure what's causing it now. Probably medium NMC or the 4 GB exe since I haven't added anything else to my modlist lately. Gonna try the smallest NMC and see if it helps.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Bash Ironfist posted:

Welp. I just lost a 10-hour game, because none of the loving saves will load. Agaghaghag, and I went through Honest Hearts too.

Well just throwing a suggestion since this just enabled me to circumvent a similar problem: try to start a new game and then load your save. Mine won't load otherwise when starting up the game. gently caress knows why :iiam:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Brace posted:

Ok so I guess I have two more questions to add onto the other one I already posted. What would cause my ironsights to be abnormally zoomed in, and how can I get it so that if I click Play New Vegas in steam, it will launch through the FNV4GB loader? If I rename the FNV4GB loader to FalloutNV, it says "Cannot name this FalloutNV" and goes back to destop, but I had it working perfectly before I validate my files.

Is there some reason you have to launch through Steam? Just launch via FOMM where you can put the 4gb exe in settings -> fallout: new vegas -> custom launch command -> command

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Well, I extracted the relevant pipboy icons from the FalloutNV textures2.bsa and included them in the file, with the .esp pointing to that directory. Not sure why it isn't finding those images.

Observe:

That's what I'm looking at right now. I have the health at 300, but if you console in a set, it's like at ~30% health. Also, you can see that I've got the armor directed towards a pipboy icon (included with the mod) but it doesn't seem to appear on the user's end. :iiam:

EDIT: UPDATE - I went in and changed the Raider Metal Armor to the exact values the regular Metal Armor has and it still spawns at ~30% condition. This is loving bizarre and my Google-fu is leading me to useless Gamefaqs threads.

Not sure if it's important but it's still missing one thing compared to normal metal armor, that icon right of the "message icon" text. On normal version it's set at Interface\Icons\PipboyImages_small\Apparel_small\glow_apperal_metal_armor.dds

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The leveled lists are incredibly convoluted, with a lot of promising lists that are actually dead ends or misleading. I'm going to edit this post with an updated .esp in a little bit.

Yes they are. That's the sole reason why I gave up on working on Legion gear some time back. To avoid reworking the lists, I simply edited the existing things to my tastes so the Legion guys are a bit more on par with their NCR equivalents.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm not sure that's what is causing the problem, though. The larger icon is what controls the icon you see when you select the item in your pipboy. I'm not even sure what the little icon is used for...

Man, these scripts were hosed for V1.2. I don't think a lot of stuff was going to distribute properly. The leveled lists are incredibly convoluted, with a lot of promising lists that are actually dead ends or misleading. I'm going to edit this post with an updated .esp in a little bit.

By the way, did you test that version with a value added to it in game? The repair bug might very well be caused by the 0 value in the latest version.

I wonder if it happens with other armors too, they seem to have a value on them. I can't test anything since I've just reinstalled and I'm not very far in the game. :saddowns:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Nope, I thought the same thing. The value doesn't seem to make a difference. I've switched out the armor rating: Heavy, Medium, Light, it doesn't make a difference. Different DTs and weights didn't change it, either. It's bizarre.

I can relate to your frustration, though. I gave up on trying to use clean scripts to add armors to leveled lists once I found out that most of them aren't even used by anything. There are literally 10 or 12 Wastelander Outfit lists that are set up but lead to nothing...maybe the occasional placed corpse but that's it. Then I tried to add a second container with ownership to their respective merchants (this is a method explained on the GECK website) but the merchants refuse to add the items to their inventories after I follow the directions to the letter, even after adapting it to NV. The last 3 hours or so have been...interesting. Poke around in the GECK long enough and you start to realize that this entire game is held together with the digital equivalent of dental floss and prayer.

And there you have it why 98% of the armor mods just throw poo poo into the famous box in Goodsprings. Not my way of doing it though. If I have to, I'll just go ahead and plough the leveled lists out of the mod and manually place the best pieces on certain npc's I'm gonna kill.

Which I did, while writing this post, and things are hosed up my creamy friend :qq:

Left hand's missing and right went through some things from the Happy Wheels thread. I don't have any body mods installed except the Weapon Animation Replacer from OP, so maybe incompability with that?

Fewd fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 8, 2011

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

For my test, I did this with Goodspring's Chet, or "GSChet". Basically followed the directions to the letter, and started a new game to eliminate the possibility that the cell hasn't reset and I'm still looking at his old inventory. On a new game with a fresh cell, he still isn't stocking the new inventory.

What am I doing wrong?

Are the items low enough level to show up on a vendor list of your lvl 1-2 new guy? Also, did you have any theories for the graphics glitch I posted about yesterday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Regarding readius, does it somehow get rid of the DT bug that has apparently been introduced in the last patch?

I don't recall seeing it before and now I'm constantly missing the DT value from the top of pip-boy and randomly missing DT values on gear. It's just some graphical glitch but still annoying. I actually prefer the original pip-boy but might use readius if it doesn't have the bug.