Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Whats the best mod to make it dark but not so much that that I can't actually see where I am?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Agreed. Looking at the script, it doesn't seem like it'll be too hard:
code:
If (bInMojave == 0)
Else
	If ( Player.IsInInterior == 1 )
	ElseIf ( VNPCFollowers.bHumanoidInParty == 1 ) || ( VNPCFollowers.bCritterInParty == 1 )
		ShowMessage NVDLC03TeleporterNoCompanionsMsg;
	Else

Set bInMojave to 0;
		Player.MoveTo NVDLC03SinkArrivalMarker;

EndIf

EndIf
Just remove these two lines:
code:
ElseIf ( VNPCFollowers.bHumanoidInParty == 1 ) || ( VNPCFollowers.bCritterInParty == 1 )
		ShowMessage NVDLC03TeleporterNoCompanionsMsg;
Which should work, assuming your companions will then just follow you when you're moved into the DLC. I'll give it a shot when I finish though to be honest one probably exists already and if not I'll probably still be beaten. But it definitely seems like it'll happen.

I tried the same idea last night and it works. All I need now is a mod to send companions there when I dismiss them and I'll never need another hideout or safehouse again.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Quick question on editing NPCs. I'm trying to tweak the skills of the Lobotomites since I don't think guys who have had their brains removed should be so good at using guns but I can't see how I can modify their base SPECIAL and their base skills without un-ticking the PC Level Mult box and making them their level static?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Talkie Toaster posted:

Their SPECIAL and tag skills are determined by their class if they auto-level.

Okay. So looking at their info in the GECK their class is based off of the wasteland adventurer so the best thing to do is to just create a custom class with what I want and apply that to the Lobotmites.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Just made a quick mod to fix the looping dialogue bug when you meet your brain at the end of Old World Blues. All it does is flag the lines to only play once.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ulrrt4p62i4385r

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Just having a few friends over at my place.

The fuckers wouldn't stay still to let me take a good picture.

Made using the followers home marker mod for the vanilla npcs, spawning the dead money npcs in the console, creating mute clones of the Honest Hearts Npcs in the Geck since the game deletes them after the dlc ends and finally adding sandbox packages to everyone for the sink.

Has anyone come across a mod that allows you to recruit the DLC followers for the main game?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

So thanks to the OWB tweaks allowing me to bring my friends over to the Sink, I finally caved in and moved all my poo poo to Big MT and now have made it my player home. However, one thing now bugs me: I can't keep my Mojave radio stations playing while there. Yeah, I know, it's nothing... but it irks me all the same. I'm thinking of throwing together a quick and sloppy quest to bring a satellite dish to the Sink and install it on the roof to be able to pick up the signals, but the question I have to ask first is how in the hell do you determine whether those stations will play in an area or not? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

You'll have to edit a couple of scripts. First of all NVDLC03IntroScript has lines for turning off the radios. Similarly the script for the teleport gun NVDLC03WeaoTeleporterScript will have to be changed.
I think you'll also need to edit the radio stations to extend their range to all cells. To do this locate the talking activator for each station and right click on it and select Use Info and you should see a list of places it is used in and a cell location for it. Double click on it to load the cell, edit that item and in the Radio Data tab you can change it's range settings. For example Radio New Vegas is a talking activator RadioNewVegasTA and it's use info will show it as being located in Vault11a. The item you have to edit in Vault11a is RNVTARef

I'd share what I have on this except it's bundled up with personal tweaks that would probably only interfere with your stuff.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

My current character is an old hobo explosives expert and I've just realized that I really need a bindle to go with him to give him more carrying capacity and maybe as a standby melee weapon. Has anyone come across anything like this?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Gyshall posted:

Does anyone have a copy of the latest Intrusive Invisible Wall Remover at all? It became part of the whole Mission Mojave suite, and I just want it and nothing else.

I was going to re-upload this but apparently intrusive invisible Wall remover is different from the Invisible Wall Remover I'm using in some intangible invisible way.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm back, bitches. :clint:

And with only a few minor formID related setbacks!

Sonny. Is that you?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

There is none. Just that my courier is an old man version of yours.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

So remember that quote by Ropekid that the designers of the game should assume that the player has a flame-thrower shooting out his face at all times and that the game should still be winnable. I want to implement that in a mod.
Now I've tried creating an object effect that I can apply to a piece of armour but unfortunately object effects can only affect the player character (unlike weapons effects which can affect a target) and I've also tried implementing it as a destruction effect on the armour where I hoped that if it drops down below 100% condition it will start setting off a fire effect in a radius around the character but this didn't appear to work either? Any thoughts on maybe doing it in a script or by some other method or is it just a pipe dream?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Just noticed that the infinite ammo mod for companions listed in the OP appears to clash with JSawyer by changing some of the same ammo lists. For example my 40mm mercenary's grenade rifle would only use the default ammo type and refuse to take any special ammo such as the pulse or plasma until I disabled the companion ammo mod. I haven't tested further but Fnvedit showed a couple of ammo lists in red so watch out for that if you have both mods installed.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Hog Butcher posted:

I'm having two weird issues with my New Vegas install. :psyduck:

The first is that the African-American race is completely missing. I thought it was just a character creation issue until two hours in, I ran into Boxcars and he had a white face and a black body.

The second is that dead people tend to have around ten sets of armor on their bodies.

Load order:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] CompanionInfAmmo.esm
[X] domecity.esm
[X] domecity_Kaz_plugin.esm
[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esm
[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
[X] WME - DLCs.esm
[X] CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
[X] CCO - Classic Perks.esm
[X] jsawyer.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
[X] FOOK - New Vegas.esp
[X] FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
[ ] FOOK - JSawyer.esp
[X] Existence2.0.esp
[X] CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
[X] CompanionDisguises.esp
[ ] Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne WME.esp
[X] Fellout.esp
[X] GRA - The Right to Bear Arms -Vendors Untouched.esp
[X] Lombard Station.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
[X] Continue After Ending V1.9.esp
[X] The Low Profile Armor Mod (JSawyer).esp
[X] The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp
[ ] WME - DLCs.esp
[X] CCO - CP All DLC Patch.esp
[ ] CCO - CP JSawyer Patch.esp
[X] CCO - GC JSawyer Patch.esp
[X] Bashed Patch, 0.esp

The unchecked mods are all merged into the Bashed patch.

Try running FNVEdit and see which mods reference the African-American race? Is the JSawyer patch for Low Profile Armor supposed to be loaded before Low Profile itself?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Seeing you post reminds me to ask the thread if anyone has come across a mod that adds 18th/19th century musket weaponry and uniforms to the game for my next gimmick character (time travelling melee/guns sneering imperialist). All I could come across was a musket mod on nexus that the author has hidden for some reason.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

I'm amazed that this actually works but it really makes gamebyro weep like nothing else when moving from cell to cell. I just took a spin from Novac to Quarry junction where I flipped and got one-shotted by a deathclaw. Handling is crazy over rough terrain as there seems to be no proper down-force on the car.

I tried running over a deathclaw but it didn't seem to effect it that much.

ps everything looks a bit washed out in this shot because a sandstorm kicked in just as I arrived at the quarry.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

One thing that annoyed me about the mod is he has added petrol stations manned by robots at various points in the map. I strongly suspect that the mod will see electro-city style feature creep in future versions.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Having a slight annoying problem with New Vegas Character expansions Every now and then I'll come across a black NPC with a white skinned head. NVedit shows that the mod has flagged the NPC with the "can be any race flag" so it's just a matter of editing that value in NVedit and reloading whenever I come across them. Is there any quick way that I can isolate any NPC with that flag set so I can fix them all at once rather than one by one?

Edit: Just noticed the mod page recommends changing the "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=" from 0 to 1. I already tried this yesterday but only in the New Vegas program directory but not in the New Vegas documents folder.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 5, 2013

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Pwnstar posted:

Does anyone else use a smoking mod with animated smoke? I have this weird patch of grey hovering off my shoulder, I'm not sure show to get rid of it.

The smoking mod I use occasionally does this with the cigarette butt. In my case it's just a matter of equipping and re-equipping the cigarette in the apparel menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Slightly off topic but what's the story behind the nexus :nexus: smiley?