Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Great work on the OP. I posted about it in the old modding thread but that new Electro-City mod is pretty great. New locations, Electro-City engineers added all over the place (mainly for show thus far) and alot more than just added lights. Just discovered the Electro-City Mojave Headquarters as well, complete with giant lightbulb fountain

I hope the creator makes more New Vegas mods after finishing that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Peven Stan posted:

Question from the last thread:
I am running the Weapon Mod Extension mod and I can't find the mods for "That Gun." Where should I be looking for it?

Not sure what vendors carry them specifically but if you use the console and type in 'coc 00WMETest' it will take you to a test room with all the weapons and their mods so that you can snag what you need and then 'coc goodsprings' your way out.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

World Of Pain is great as long as you don't mind non-stop firefighting your way through huge buildings, haha. Like you mentioned there is no such thing as 'too much ammo' - you'll probably need it all before the fight is over.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Feng Shui is just about the worst thing for my OCD. Veronica, Cass, and Raul cleaned out my nice dinner table at the Lucky 38 in just 6 game days. :ohdear:

There is a mod that expands your Lucky 38 suite including adding a metric poo poo ton of food and drinks on shelves and on the big dinner table. It's hilarious to watch companions go over to the shelves, stare at the food for a second and then they start stealing like crazy. It only took a few game days for them to severely reduce the supply there too.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Tailor maid black and satchels, yeah :)

?B|

B|

>B|

:black101:

I love when people post short stories in the form of screenshots like this one. One of the funniest I've seen yet.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 13, 2011

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

:)

Haha, awesome. Does tfc 1 allow you to freeze the scene and manipulate the camera like you do for your shots?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Tfc detaches the camera from your character and gives you full control of its movement. I guess adding the 1 freezes everything.

Didn't know that, thanks.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has anyone else encountered a bug in any of your saves that causes the entire game to be shrouded in near darkness to where you cant really see anything regardless of the time of day? The entire world is just in total blackness and the only way I can see to get around even in the morning hours is using nightvision. It's like someone put a darkness filter over the game and turned all the lights off completely. No idea what happened but it just ended up that way after coming out of a cave area.

I've tried waiting four days in-game, fast traveling, reloading and everything but that save (which I stupidly didnt save a double of that isn't about five hours away) just wont snap out of total blackness. I'd post a screenshot but you probably couldn't see anything out of nightvision anyway. First time it's ever happened and I don't know if it's due to the new version of Electro City bugging out or what. The bug happened when it was like 9 in the morning so it shouldn't have been dark anyway.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SheepNameKiller posted:

You should post your load order, it's most likely a load order problem.

I figured it out. Apparently the new Enclave mod (that actually has quests and stuff) doesn't play well with the new emittance plugin for the new version of Electro City at some points. Fiddling around with both of those fixed it. If they weren't conflicting then it must have been just moving them around and disabling and re-enabling them. Who knows.

That Enclave mod looks promising though if the author continues to work on it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dunno if this has been posted yet but the guy behind "Electro City" has come out with an expanded new tool called "The Imaginator" that allows you to have an inventory tool to change almost everything about how the visuals in New Vegas are presented. Contrast, color saturation, filters - it's basically got everything you need to fine tune the game to look how you want it to.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39619

I'm a big fan of the inclusion of a saturation tool so that I can get that high contrast low color saturation look that I really enjoy and used to have to use a bullet time / vats combination glitch to get the game to look like that while I play. It's also got some depth of field options and some other things built in as well.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 15, 2011

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lipstick thespian posted:

I finally got around to try out some of the mods in this thread and they are glorious.

URLW + streetlights really makes the game look awesome.

I definitely agree - that'll be the combination I use for the rest of my time in New Vegas. Along with a bit of desaturation from the Imaginator as well.

Random stuff:

I really love the little scenes the author built into Electro City. This one has a flaming Electro City cart (you can see in the background) near a fiend area that apparently was hijacked and set on fire.. with the driver still in it. The driver made it a little ways away from his cart only to meet his demise where you see the flaming skeleton here. There are tons of touches like this here and there.

The doctor was not amused at my 'radical take' on modern medicine and began to question my credentials. Perhaps I'll begin traveling around with the doctor from Novac.

Melissa joins Cass and I for a drink in Boulder City.

I have no idea. It's Monday and there is a long week ahead. Dark humor gets us all through.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

How's your experience with the Melissa Lewis companion so far?

Good so far. If you use the 'Lings' version the author has built in the ability to change her hairstyle on the fly if you don't like her raider hairstyle and she's got a ton of her dialog spliced in that makes pretty good sense for the context of the dialog choices. She's pretty chatty like Cass as well by default - and the author has even added in an option to tell her to keep quiet. So overall pretty well done as far as custom companions go.

I like traveling with talkative companions like Cass so she'll probably be a permanent part of my group. I was pretty surprised when Melissa started chatting casually with my other companions and actually responding to their comments with comments of her own that made sense.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

I love the rest of it but what is it with modders and making visors like that? That doesn't happen in real life that's what happens in a cartoon.

Every game needs to look like you're playing Metroid I guess. Like how every game apparently needs Starfox and anime characters. I don't get it either.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

After traveling with her for a decent amount of time now I can say that the Melissa companion mod is pretty well done. She talks a good bit and seems to have context sensitive lines (unless the random chatter is just triggering at really funny times).

I took her to bitter springs and she said "My tribe's final stand will be remembered for a thousand years". Then when we went to camp Golf she said something to the effect of "If the NCR keeps expanding at this rate they'll control the entire Mojave."

I'm really impressed with how much she has to say. Were there a ton of voice files tucked away for her that were never used or something? Unless the author somehow found another Khan using her same voice and spliced in some of their lines.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Periodiko posted:

Pretty sure that's what he did. He says as much in the description.

Ah, I must have stopped reading after the awesome feature list and just downloaded it, haha.

For anyone that needs a good companion or just a new one:

quote:

In a nutshell, this companion mod features:

- Fully voiced and lip-synced dialogue.

- Full companion wheel integration, in addition to the standard stealthing/overburdened comments, etc.

- Optional sandbox mode waiting.

- Toggleable unlimited ammo and upgradeable* default weapon (just place the appropriate hunting rifle mods in her inventory).

- Provides the Khan Survivalist perk when hired, reducing the rads in edible items and providing additional poison resistance.

- Can be sent back to Red Rock Canyon, the Lucky 38 Suite, or any custom home of your choosing.

- Can be given one of 12 different hairstyles in-game via dialogue without the need to use the G.E.C.K. (20 with the optional Lings add-on).

- Reactive features; sits when you do, draws her gun when you do, strips down when swimming, and fidgets while standing around.

- Cass-style idle dialogue where she reacts to some of the locations you visit.

- A radio to summon her should she get lost.

- Out-of-the-box compatibility with NV:Redesigned and other mods that change the original Melissa's appearance, though with some exceptions.

Seems as though the author thought of pretty much everything and it shows. Great mod.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39675

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39669

I don't know if this one is more sad or funny.

quote:

Yelena is a Russian at my high-school that wanted her own mod, so i made it for her

WHAT IT DOES DO

It adds Yelena as a companion with NO VOICE ACTING so no complaining!
She DOES have the Companion Wheel.
Yelena can be found in the prospector Saloon in the bathroom she is not using it...

A girl he 'sits near' in high school 'wanted her own mod' so he made it for her. Also, she's located in a bathroom but she's totally not using it.

Then he flips out because people are talking about him being obsessed in the comments:

quote:

Also if you feel like saying something such as how to ask a girl out AT LEAST PRIVATE MESSAGE ME and not in the comments!!!!!

ALSO DO NOT COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING DATE RELATED/HOW TO ASK A GIRL OUT IF I FIND THAT PEOPLE ARE CONTINUING TO DO IT THEY WELL BE BLOCKED FROM ADDING MORE MESSAGES YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

Embedding the video because everyone should experience the beauty of it.

That made me feel creepy after only watching it for a few seconds. What is wrong with people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've played through the entire game with Electro City and Highways And Byways active and never had any problems with the world space acting up. Weird. It might be one of those 'your results may vary' bugs that happen so often with Fallout 3 and New Vegas - the creator may have never come across it.