Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mental Midget posted:

Disappointed to see no F:NV version of Mart's Mutant Mod. It was my hands down absolute favorite Fallout 3 mod. I always say the best way to make a game more challenging is to add more enemies, not more health, and that's exactly what MMM did. Hopefully some talented go-getter will make their own version for New Vegas.

Has anyone tried using the Fallout 3 MMM in NEw Vegas? I imagine that wouldn't work very well. Maybe I'm wrong?

He's still supporting the old one and hasn't started the new one yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

icantfindaname posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but are Nevada Skies and URWLNV compatible?

Almost positive that the lighting/environment mods are incompatible, with the exception of Electro City.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brace posted:

I can't check right now, but it definitely should have the proper global mesh. It had one in the place where a global mesh would go, but I can't check if it was a go mesh. I could easily bypass this by putting it in a container correct?

On second thought, I don't think it does. I downloaded the number one downloaded veteran ranger armor mod on the nexus, the FOOK one and the only way to obtain it without editing it into the game is to get it from the "QAtestbox" and that probably explains why it doesn't have a global mesh, because the only way to find it is only in a container. What a dip poo poo modder, I guess I'm a dipshit too for not knowing that it didn't have a global mesh but seriously?

Speaking of this one, if anyone wants the non-FOOK version of it, from before it was added (Seriously, gently caress people who add poo poo to FOOK and don't leave the original), I can throw it on mediafire. It puts the armor (and there's three versions, pick which ESP you want) in the schoolhouse at goodsprings.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

When you get locked into a serious gun mod collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can:

I need an AK next I think :ussr:

What's that lever-action shotgun mod, is that the mossberg from Arenovalis, what's the Garand looking one, and what's the pistol right next to the Dan Wesson PPC?

SheepNameKiller posted:

Main and Black are mutually exclusive, you can only use one or the other. You should only be activating the Updates ESP for Redesigned, since it's the most recent version. You can say no all you want by the way but I'm exactly right in what I'm telling you, when stuff has the same name it's meant to replace and not be used in tandem with.

If you just copy them into the data folder and don't use the Add FOmod button you can use them both. I did it last time.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Are there any good male body replacers?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone know how I'd change the sound associated with a weapon mod, and the animation?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

I GOT A FAT JET STASH, BUNKERS FULL OF PRE-WAR CASH

JUST SEEN A BIG rear end MOLE RAT

I like having a bunch of houses. Makes me feel like a wanderer, who just kinda drops in on a cache, crashes, grabs his gear and leaves.

So, where's this at?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Had a feeling.

Can I just say, scrolling through the player home mods, that I'm so sick of everything being in one of the towns. If I had any skill with making mods, I'd do one where it's a loving shack in the middle of nowhere, or maybe something like the sewer hideout but with the entrance at a manhole.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I know this is lame advice but...don't use quick save. Use CASM and hard-saves instead. Quick saves and a thoroughly-modded Gamebryo engine game don't have a fantastic track record. Or does it crash when you save in general?

I'm gonna be honest, I don't even know how to quick save in FNV. I just go to the save thing on the menu.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I save via the console. 100 hours later, I discovered why I had no achievements.

Finally doing a real run with Steam so that I can get achievements, and it's hard not being able to console in 3000 rounds for a handcannon.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

With Repair 25 (which you don't even have to keep) you can get the 9mm SMG right off the bat, which does 121 damage per second (11 x 11ROF). My suggestion would bring the Chinese Assault Rifle up to 128 damage per second (16 x 8ROF), which is close enough, and gives a reason for the player to keep it until they get the next logical steps up (Marksman Carbine or Light Machine Gun.) Due to the DT system, base damage matters more (which is why the Assault Carbine is horribly underpowered in comparison to the Laser RCW, which requires 25 less skill in its class.) Not to mention most people starting the game have up to a 50% damage penalty to all weapons due to not having spent any points on weapons skills.

And having insufficient skill for a skill 25 weapon is negligible, as it only adds like 2 inches worth of sway, which is sufficiently negated by ironsights. The Mercenary Grenade Rifle and Weathered 10mm pistol, for example, have skill 0 and the Weathered 10mm has a damage bonus over the base 10mm pistol while the base weapons have 25.

It's better to err on the side of overpowered for these sort of things, as the official DLC packs did.

Anybody who doesn't tag at least one weapon skill deserves those penalties, btw.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Even if you do you have about 40% less damage than what is defined in the GECK. :v:

Still, tag a drat weapon, unless you're going to not kill anyone the whole game.

e: ALso, re: achievements: It's not that I can't console poo poo in, it's that I have to reload and do it the hard way anyway, which is why I have two files that are for cheating and one for doing it the right way. And you can't get the debug megapistol without the console anyway so.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Danger - Octopus! posted:

You can just use the console, save, quit NV completely then restart NV and load your game then you'll be able to get achievements. Using the console only stops achievements that session - you'll still get them in that game if you save, quit then come back into NV.

Hello Debug Megapistol and 10k rounds of ammunition. How are you today?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

An alternate roleplaying start mod has been released, allowing you to start the game from the perspective of:

1) New Republic of California
2) Caesar's Legion
3) Brotherhood of Steel
4) Great Khan
5) Freeside
6) Powder Ganger

My game froze when I tried to do a Legion run.

Maybe I'll try it again.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SheepNameKiller posted:

I hadn't noticed this before but Ahztek's overhaul has been ported to New Vegas:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37342

It's been ported over, but it vanished for a bit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hellbunny posted:

You made all of that in tailor maid?

TM Black.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Mod request: A Legion equivalent to the Ranger Combat Armor. I'd be more likely to play Legion if I knew I could have incredibly badass armor while I did it.

Instead, the best I get is Centurion or Praetorian and that's really not that cool.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

doomfunk posted:

That particular suit is a "special suit" I'm planning to drop on Ghost because everyone's afraid of her, but will still be available to players of either gender elsewhere in the world. The other armours are a lot closer to the original design aesthetic of the veteran rangers, but are still kinda my own thing at the same time.

This whole thing started because I noticed the vet rangers looked like they were wearing slippers, and that seemed decidedly non-badass to me. My plan is to release a couple of .esps and one resource bundle; one that replaces the vet rangers' existing table and places armour in the NCR safehouse and Camp Golf, and one that doesn't and places the armour somewhere easily accessible. Coatless versions of the armour will be there for players who don't want to kill veteran rangers, and coat-on versions will only spawn on the rangers themselves.

Apparently I decided this was a simple thing to do for my first public mod since Oblivion. But hey, I'm learning a lot and having fun making it so it's all good.

Here's an example of what I mean - a "heavy assault" version of the Black Armour, still a bit of a WIP. I should say that only this weight of armour will have the coat tucked under, light/medium wear the coat over.

Male, coat off

Female, coat on

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :shobon: I'd say I'm making the mod for *~you guys~* but honestly I'm making this for myself and just sharing it because hey, why not!

It looks rad as hell. Just fix the inner elbows, so you don't have the same problem that Satchels does with its stand-alone coat, where there's nothing there and the texture underneath clips through constantly, and it'll be like a million times better.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

doomfunk posted:

I think I already have a solution for that. Actually I'm pretty sure I do.

Cool. Didn't mean to sound like a dick, I just noticed the patchy spots on the elbows where red was bleeding through and thought I'd point it out.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Schubalts posted:

Black has extra stuff not in the other version, like the skull mask.

And you can use them together.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Internet Friend posted:

Those are the Meat Caps that show up when you dismember someone. They're present in every model, just hidden. In editor they're visible like that. If anything they need to be tweaked out, so they're surrounding the limb clothing completely. edit: the Shrinkwrap modifier is great for this

I learned something today!

I honestly thought it was just a common problem with mods involving the coat, because everything else I've seen with it either has jacked sleeves or no sleeves at all.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Schubalts posted:

Chinese forum. Part of a mod pack that also had a crossbow from STALKER and a ton of arm-mounted guns.

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/showtopic-1555804.html The rayfile and u.115 links are for the file. The Rayfile link neds their downloader, u.115 requires membership. The bare folders are the weapons, the .bsa's are other stuff you probably won't want.

That winged backpack is even called an Uguu Pack and there's a teddybear version of the deathclaw gauntlet.

Mind throwing it on mediafire/mu?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LvK posted:

Are there any good .357 semi-auto pistols? I don't mean a desert eagle. Something fictional would be groovy, but I dig things more akin to the designs of a Wildey or an Automag or something like that.

Or, hell, point me at a good 1911 and I'll pretend I have a Coonan :v:

(or just cool looking semi-auto pistol designs I can just GECK into taking .357)

There's a couple 1911s on the nexus.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Naky posted:

Wow, you weren't kidding, that IS a weak rear end pack. A total stock weapon replacer mod? gently caress me. I'll do everyone a favour and release the Benelli separately from that gay rear end pack.

Mind doing the 10mm replacer, too?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Naky posted:

Which one is that?

Christ if I remember now. I'll check in the morning when I'm back on the desktop.

If someone here could make a badass armor for the Legion that was the equivalent of NCR Combar Armor (Centurion Armor looks too stupid to count) I'd....do...something. I dunno.

Naky posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mvv2mg8kn4f1t33

Benelli M3 separated from Ahztek's pack, though the settings are probably different between the two mods - I was in the middle of porting this before I found out that he already did and took his updated meshes/textures/iron sights. Location's in Goodspring's Gas Station. Do tell me if I messed up the file folder structure for the mod release or something like that, but it appears to work in my game thus far. As always, feel free to tweak it yourself in GECK if there's something you don't like.

edit: wow, this guy's total amateur hour - hardcoded texture locations that forces you to install your game in the same folder structure he uses? Jesus christ. I should do everyone a favour and port the whole mod over minus the replacer just to spite him.

Oh my god please. I love some of them, but hell if I want to replace all my poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 15, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

doomfunk posted:

I don't believe this is possible.

So my girlfriend got a copy of New Vegas for Christmas, and she's having a lot of fun with Buildable Bots, but... not in the way I think the creator intended.

Yep. That's an rear end in a top hat, front and centre.

e: :doh: I am having a hell of a time with one of the last meshes I need to produce. It's done but for some reason crashes the game every time I put it on. :argh:

The gun where did oyu get it

Not even pretending to put om effort anymore, just gimme the guns.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Are there any mods that add the trench coat that Jay Barnes/Crusoe wears as a wearable item? I want to be a detective too :(

Give me a few minutes to find it in the GECK. No idea what category it's listed under (armor is loving huge)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

doomfunk posted:

Okay I could really use some help.

early test upload of my mod - just unrar into your /data folder and go. Three of the female armour meshes are causing me crashes when I equip them; I need to know if anyone else has this problem, and/or if this has an easy solution. They were working beautifully, no issues, before 11pm last night and this is driving me crazy.

The coat-on meshes are legacy remnants of my first go at the mod back in Nov and are just really sloppy and bad. Check them out if you want, because the final versions will be nothing like that. They'll be the boxes with the bear on top.

I also need to re-weight the tails on the "ghost" suit. They still act like they wrap around the leg, and that's stupid.

They all look good on a guy, minus the coat meshes obviously. I like the recon one too

e: Take the collar off the ones with no coat. It just doesn't look right.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 16, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mister Bung posted:

Do you need both of these installed? I've only got Black on there but I haven't actually done anything with it yet.

Also Brace I'm pretty sure you hold down whatever CASM key you set and it should bring up the config menu

You don't need both, they're standalone, but you can use both if you want to.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

suicide.boy posted:

Someone went and built a functional TARDIS/player home for New Vegas. It's not lore friendly in the slightest, but I am such a happy geek right now. Justified fast travel!

Click here for the full 1440x812 image.

link: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39661

In the Gibson Scrap Yard no less.

Awesome.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

:911:

Next time I do a Legion run, I'm getting this before I do Arizona Killer. Everyone kept spotting my rear end when I went to plant the bomb, so I ended up pulling a revolver out and blowing everyone away.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Machismo posted:

Joystiq.com had an article about a coming mod called Project Nevada. Aside from an amazing logo font, it has sprinting, tackling, running jumps, visors for all helmets, heat vision and night vision, and a nifty grenade hotkey.

Just a trailer, but I like what is see. The heat vision is amazing. Shows wisps of hot air coming off of enemies.

Source: http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/01/17/mod-in-progress-project-nevada/

Pretty sure it's by the guys who did FWE, too. Someone here is actually testing it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brace posted:

Yeah, to be honest I couldn't give a poo poo about any of the modders on the nexus, other than the ones that are cool dudes but these guys that freak out over no endorsements or not getting constant positive reinforcement are just assholes, but he has some pretty nice actual textures/models, I never endorse/comment so that stuff is kind of distant from me, for a reason too.

Yeah well those armors look dumb as gently caress, unless you're RPing a Ranger who's been cut off from NCR contact and had to fend for himself even more than usual.

poo poo. Time to reroll with that mod.

e: Dude looking for those armors: Check the images.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 19, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Did the guy who was working on the not-poo poo version of Ahztek ever upload it?

Just want to make sure I didn't miss it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

Well, looks like you found a Mad Radhu Gumbeer to go with your Jerusalem.

E:

Do any of you guys who use either WME or WMX have floating speed loaders on the .44 once you attach a mod to it?

So annoying :mad:

Mine does that using Arenovalis and the heavy frame. No WME/WMX at all. I even consoled in a few extra, to try it, and every time, it happened.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jaaam posted:

It's caused by the speed loader nodes in the nif not having a NiVisController. A simple copy/paste from a version of the gun that has them will fix it.

Someone want to translate this?

Or otherwise assist me in fixing it?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

A stormy Nevada sky and Existence 2.0 = holy poo poo.

Not pictured: Me swishing a frag through an open part of the barn wall. Not even tfc 1 will let you capture a grenade in your hand as you throw it:

~*ping*~

Get out of my barn :clint:

Also is there a mod that adds in properly sized/prettier brass that sticks on the ground for much longer?

Your outfit, what is it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mister Bung posted:

I'm happy to say that I'm tentatively back in the saddle. After a re-download from steam and fresh installs of all up to date mods it seems to be stable. Mods!

In short, gently caress New Vegas Bounties and thank god for CASM.

Also anyone using the Sunglasses Collection NV fomod, are they showing up for you? Every container in the goodsprings gas station is empty for me (having looted it clean way back)

edit: derp

A) What's CASM

B) Sucks to be you, NVB has the best revolver ever.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

A Lamer posted:

Luckily it's not too difficult to rip a good weapon out of a bad mod. :smug:

That mod owns though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SheepNameKiller posted:

I'm a huge fan of anything by pucemoose, but I will warn you that they're adventure game-y and not action oriented. If you don't like solving puzzles using clues then you'll probably uninstall them out of frustration, but they do all (mostly) have online walkthroughs. The only one I really dislike by him is his first effort, a note easily missed, which has substandard level design. Evening with Mister Manchester and In the Shadow of the Swamp are my favorites by the author.

A Quest for Heaven is also a pretty quality effort, and the third chapter was just released not too long ago. I haven't played all three but the first two were polished.

Heyyyyy guy that's played puce moose mods.

I'm working on Evening With mr Manchester right now, and I'm stuck. I've got the note about the fuses for the elevator, I know that I have to get to the flagpole but I have no idea how. Any help?

e: Didn't help that I solved the generator puzzle and never turned it on.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 24, 2011