Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I like that the change is relatively small, making it a good mod that doesn't just turn the entire game anime or say that Obsidian can't design NPC's. I have no idea why everyone has coke on their lips though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Demerzel posted:

Oh, I thought you were trying to actually be helpful. haha how i use compewturr me dum just make 6 figures doing database work/development with 4 different languages.

My condolences regarding your disability.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I guess it is confirmed then, Electro City causes problems with interiors.

I have some crazy lag issues in almost every interior that has water and the water flashes between green texture and transparent radioactive water.

Worse off, when I play in third person my hair will randomly flicker on and off.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
drat, I was going to post that I was having crashing problems and decided to try to corner down what the problem was, and it turned out to be Electro-city's "Highways and Byways" file that causes it. So I went to the Nexus to see if there was a hotfix and then I noticed he just updated it 5 minutes ago. What are the odds?

EDIT: Didn't fix my problem, sadly.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 23, 2011

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I've narrowed down my problem to "ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp". When it is turned on, auto-saving, manual saving or quick-saving all crash my game in certain areas. The certain areas are things like Novac, Goodsprings and a tiny little cave area near the irradiated city in the very South-East part of the map.

I tried to revert graphics driver to see if that'd let me keep using it, but it still crashes.

Any ideas on what could cause that?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

SheepNameKiller posted:

It's most likely a conflict due to load order, you should post it if you want any real advice.

Alright, this is the load-order with that esp enabled:

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Lings.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
Primary Needs HUD.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Readius_NV.esp
VeronicaFix.esp
T3T_MiscItemIconsNV.esp
Sorter - Combined.esp
Sorter - Combined - Aid Crafting.esp
Sorter - Combined - T3T Icon Compatch.esp
BetterLuckySuite.esp
better that gun 223.esp
that gun holdout.esp
add that gun to cowboy perk.esp
URWLNV.esp
LUMENARIUM - Working Sunglasses ONLY.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Inventory Sorters Compatibility Patch - ElectroCityCATEYEvalue.esp
LUMENARIUM - Bright Clear Days.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
CompanionLevel30Cap.esp
Silver Rush inventory expansion.esp
THE5 Visors Mod.esp
WME - that gun 223.esp
WME - Named & Sorted.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Brace posted:

This mod attempts to add realism in that children would be fighting to exist just like everyone else in the world,

Why is there no children in New Vegas? Do children not have a part in the new post apocalyptic world?

Did he never play the game? There's like a bunch of little runts just in Freeside alone. Well, I guess children wouldn't really be welcome in the strip proper, with all the shenanigans happening there.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

KakerMix posted:

Sure, but that's just people being people.
I guess I'm just so hardened by the internet (and rule 34s) that any mod in any Bethesda game will never surprise me. Of COURSE there are Dallas Cowboy cheerleader mods, and child slave mods and ogre boob mods and whatever.
OF COURSE

Nothing surprises me anymore. Not even pedophiles not going to jail because a prosecutor overslept for court meeting.

Or mods dedicated to bringing pedophilia into a game. I'm just glad it's not a little child they are focusing their energies towards at that moment. I've been there.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I see that image and for some reason think "Alpha protocol", but that could be the whole killing terrorist thing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Co-sine posted:

I thought it would be nice to browse the Nexus, try out a random mod and review it. Who knows, maybe one or two hidden gems could be found in this way

Reactive People Ultimatum

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40593

drat, this looks kinda cool, but then you notice that one thing that just makes it creepy.

Reactive People Ultimatum readme posted:

New ghouls races:

* African American Ghouled Child
* Asian Ghouled Child
* Hispanic Ghouled Child
* Caucasian Ghouled Child
* Asian Ghoul
* Hispanic Ghoul
* African American Ghoul

*sigh* Why :(

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

lordfrikk posted:

Not to turn this into a plausability discussion, but Bethesda got so many things wrong, because they probably don't give a slightest gently caress about things like that. In New Vegas you can see people growing crops and making guns and poo poo, but FO3 has none of that, not even a bit logical settlement placement. I know the logic wasn't too strong in first two Fallouts, but Bethesda totally killed it. My personal pet peeve are those loving aliens, easter egg that they turned into canon. (and don't you dare calling wanamingos aliens :argh: )

No, sir, no aliens in my canon.

And the aliens from Fallout 1 are just props, yet they have a perfectly viable Alien Blaster, one of the best energy weapons in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Aw man, I had a similar idea for a mod, but never really got the courage to work through it.

Glad to see someone had a bit more willingness to implement it and get it done though. I kept getting stuck at the conversion of objects.