Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Vitriol posted:

Boy, The Vmods Suite mod is for you!

Using NVSE one mod now does all the above things, and runs via one menu hotkey for setup. You can configure all the different parts on or off. I'm not using the Timescale mod, companion disguises, or the Container sorting mod, as I have other stuff for timescale, don't care about the others.

I was going to get this mod last week until I saw the list of things that the mod also add, which you have somehow disabled. How did you manage to do that? I thought those are items that doesn't actually have configuration menus for.

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Uhh, thanks much. I thought I can't turn those features off.

Now to contribute, because I love mods:

Savekey
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38276
- I actually prefer this over CASM because by simply pressing F12 key I can make another save w/o the need to go through the menus.

FNVIcons Modders Resource
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38903
- Adds more item icons for the misc itmes

Colonized Freeside
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38974
- Adds more people and new architectures, this is a WIP, but looks pretty good already

FO Tactics Power Armor:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38850
- Unlike the more vocal FO fans, I actually enjoyed FOT so I absolutely love this armor. I do wish that the armor is a little darker though, not black mind you, just darker shade of "green."

UI stuff that I can't live w/o now: (in addition to DUI)

Firstly get either of these great HUD merge tools:

Hud Merger experimental
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38991
- This is a standalone program that detects any HUD mods that you have and merge them.
Unified HUD project:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38961
- This is a FOMM mod. During installation via FOMM, it will detect installed HUDS and merge them.
Primary Needs HUD:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38538
- Puts stats like thirst, starvation, etc. on your HUD.
Grenade Hotkey:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38808
- You can bind keys to melee and throwing grenades.
Powered Power armor:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37983
- Not a UI mod per se, but it is a mod that does a lot of tweaking for PA, like giving them special mods or special advantage and disadvantages (like needing power or generating heat). Also adds HUD element to present the new stats.

Speaking of texture replacer mods, if you guys have a beefy system and plan to use the aforementioned LAA enabler, then you should definitely try
4Ace's Full Texture upgrade:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1129324-4aces-full-texture-upgrade/
- This includes hiRes (and std res) textures and normal maps.

Pip-boy 2500 retexture:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38844
- Another one of the replacement for the pip-boy, this version is more fitting to the world of FO IMHO.

Grave Digger:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37935
- For the RPers out there, this mod let you bury slain NPCs.

Better Forest:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35238
- Adds more life, grass, etc. to the forested areas in FONV.

The Strip Open:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38056
- WIP ALERT! This mod opens up the strip by removing the zone transitions. There are still work to be done, esp. with respect to the movement of NPCs, but once I used it, I could never return to the old "closed" strip anymore :(

Caeser's Legion Overhaul:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36503
- This is really one of those "matter of taste" mod. But I think it did a great job at remaking (using only assets already in vanilla FONV) the equipments that the Legion uses. The remade version of the armors look more "post apocalyptic roman" instead of just "Roman." The mod also includes a revamp of the legion raid camp, and a new player home for legion fans at the fort.

Edit: Since FNVPhalanx isn't being updated for the moment, and the old version is getting glitchy, what do you guys recommend to replace it? I have the Unlimited Companion mod from the OP, but I am also thinking about incorporating the Companion Neutrality mod (basically make Boone not fight Legion on sight, etc.), along with some of the others that you guys have already pointed out in the thread. Thanks

lethial fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 29, 2010

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Alright, I've tried to find the D/L location so I can throw this in the OP, but I'm having a lot of trouble for some reason. Where are his file packs? His website navigates like a Web 1.0 tripod site.
Sorry for the late reply, but I actually recommend waiting just a little for this mod. Right now it is hosted on modb (because of the file size limit on fvnexus he couldn't host the mod there)and here is the page with the link. But I recommepnd waiting b/c:
https://sites.google.com/site/iam4aces/Home/mods/fallout-new-vegas

The author just got approval from zenimax to port assets from to3 over. So he will have much more contents added later, as well as unhiding the texture mod on fvnexus.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Horns posted:

Great mod I didn't see mentioned in the OP: Pipboy Light Lantern Replacer.

Exactly what it sounds like, it replaces the Pipboy light with a little flickering lantern that hangs off your hip. Goes great with the Pipboy Readius (now your light won't mysteriously emanate from nowhere).
A word of caution: if you have the "Interior Lighting Overhaul" mod, be sure to TURN OFF THE LIGHT when you exit buildings! Or else your game will crash!

@Coughing Hobo:
Are you using a 32-Bit OS? For the life of me, I couldn't get the LAA enabled FalloutNV.exe to load. I used the similar steps that you have listed previously which is also found on the nexus page of the 3GB enabler mod.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It appears to, yeah.

EDIT: The 3GB LAA Loader has just experienced some large updates. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already done so.

Indeed it did! It now works for those of us that couldn't get steam to play nice under windows 7 64-bit. i was finaaly able to run the hires ver of 4aces texture replacement, and it certainly was worth the huge download size.
Though it looks like bethsoft isn't clear abt whether he could use fo3 assets in his texture replacements or not. So these texture replacement mods probably will never show up on nexus. Tbh, i prefer downloading from modb anyway, for one, the file size limit is much higher.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You're probably referring to this mod, which allows you to do this in FO3. The author is currently working on a port for NV, but it hasn't been released yet.

There is also this mod: Companion Commander which lets you recruit any NPC you want. Though I have not used it personally so I can't really vouch for it.

Brace posted:

And is there any way to tell forsure if that LAA 3gb limit remover is actually working? It ran through the patch or whatever fine, but I wanna be able to make sure.
Download the "Editbin Optional Package" from the mod page of the LAA enabler. And then use the dumpbin command on the modified executable, irrc it is something like:

dumpbin /headers FalloutNV.exe

You should see a large amount of lines being printed on the console, scroll up to the very top, you should see
code:
Dump of file FalloutNV.exe

PE signature found

File Type: EXECUTABLE IMAGE

FILE HEADER VALUES
             14C machine (i386)
               8 number of sections
        4CFDF842 time date stamp Tue Dec 07 04:02:58 2010
               0 file pointer to symbol table
               0 number of symbols
              E0 size of optional header
             122 characteristics
                   Executable
              ---->Application can handle large (>2GB) addresses<----
                   32 bit word machine
The line that I marked above, a non LAA enabled executable won't have that line.

lethial fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 4, 2011

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
I just saw this over on the bethsoft forum:
The NCR Mod. It looks quite impressive, but I have already spent way too much time merging mods that I am afraid to take on another big mod like this. (having said that I am already downloading it and planning to install it... :ohdear:)

quote:

The NCR Mod allows those who Embraced the NCR to join them officially and even sign up for the NCR military.

You start by saving Primm and handing it to the NCR for protection, that is how you earn your NCR Citizen ship and your life in the NCR begins.
Or you earn the respect of the NCR and find alternative way to join, the choice is yours.

During your time with the NCR you will find your self subject to its laws, should you harm the NCR you will find your self outcast and stripped of your ranks and citizenship papers. If that happens you will have to earn their trust again to get back in. But should you help the NCR, you will find the NCR opening doors for you that you never new existed.

Also, I'd love some guidance in regard the following:
1) I used to use Phalanx's companion mod, since it wasn't updated anymore, I switched to using a bunch of companion mods:
Companion De-Equip
Companion Neutrality Act (I only got this because Boone aggros everything...)
Companion Infinite Ammo
Companion Level 30 Cap
Distant Companion Fix
And few other mods specific to a particular companion (for E-DE, Rex, Veronica and Cass).

I have merged them as best as I can using FNVEdit, but for the life of me I can't figure out why I have:
- 2 Rexes... Both of them seem to have too much HP which caused the hp value to wrap around into the negatives...
- Raul constantly wears a space suit and a space helm that is unremovable, both of which just appeared on him one day... It is just really starting to bother me now.
Any ideas? Maybe another mod is causing these?

2) I used Wrye Flash to patch in the facial changes from Fallout NV Redesigned. But I am not entirely sure that everything that I am doing is correct with that merge. Since I still ended up having to remove Ling's so that Cass and Veronica didn't look like one of those ladies that really use way too much makeup.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

NotInventedHere posted:

That looks great. I can't wait to try these out in-game. A quest based on this sounds like a good idea as well.

Why are you merging all these in FNVedit. I doubt most of them will conflict with eachother. I'm almost certain Companion De-Equip and Companion Infinite Ammo won't need to be merged with anything to function correctly. If you activate the mods individually rather than merging them, you can deactivate them one at a time to see which ones (if any) are causing the problem.

Also, you can get rid of Raul's space suit via the console. Just open the console, select Raul, and use 'showinventory' to find the ID numbers of the space suit and helmet. Then, use 'removeitem [id] 1' to remove them.

Thanks for the help. I should clarify, you are right that some of the companion mods have no conflict at all, I mentioned them since I thought that maybe there are more advanced ways to check for conflicts.

However, I am not sure if De-equip is even working, since when I was debugging I disabled it and I was still able to remove npc specific items from my companions, and even with the inf ammo mod, the companions still seem to not use the weapons that I gave them... :(

Do you guys have any experiences with using custom companion mods like EZ_Companion or RR companions or NCCS companions?

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
The creators of the weapon mod expansion for FO3 has finally finished their weapon mod expansion for FONV!

Weapon Mod Expanded or WMX

The amount of changes are really quite impressive, now I just hope I won't have too much trouble uninstalling the other version of weapon mod expansion :ohdear:

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

SheepNameKiller posted:

What makes this better than WME exactly?
Well, I can't say which is better yet, since I barely starting playing with it. However, one thing I do like about WMX is that it has new/altered art assets for mods that look quite good.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Brace posted:

I can't play new vegas... I crash if I try to leave this sewer I'm in... :smith:

Disabled all Nevada Skies, URWL, and Electro City plugins and I can leave and get outside. Something to do with them, but I don't know what. Can anyone post the load order I should be using with Nevada - URWLified, Imiginator, Emittance, Lumenarium, Highways, workorders, and Nevada/URWL?

Try disabling piplantern mod.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
I have been waiting for a flashlight model to use with the often ignored Flashlight NV, now it is finally here:

Head mounted flashlight

Though last time I used that flashlight mod I didn't have the darker nights mod, but I do have a more powerful gfx card now. So hopefully it won't kill my system so much again. :)

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this mod. I've been playing around with it for a while and it doesn't seem to generate a "blur" for out-of-focus objects so much as a bloom or softening. The result is pretty subtle (not a bad thing) but after an hour of running around with it, I'm not sure the effect is pronounced, realistic, or pretty enough to warrant using it. That being said, I could certainly see this doing all the right things for somebody.

Also, the impact on performance is negligible (as compared the ENB DoF.)

Word of caution about this mod. Stick with the FNV Enhanced Shaders mod if you have a strong enough gfx card. I have found that with it running with the other lighting mods will seriously kill your framerate indoors, where there are multiple light sources.

I think it is because the DOF effects are script based, and the said script runs constantly, it tends to kill performance indoors. Outdoors, it works surperbly though. :ohdear: And the mod author knows about the issue as well, and he is looking into fixing it.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Naky posted:

Release it anyway. With or without choice, I'm sure there are some people that would still appreciate it.

Count me in as one of those who would definitely appreciate a "big" merged (and hopefully stable) mod pack. I am just returning to playing FONV again, I used to use a lot of mods and eventually I found that I was spending more time trying to get the mods to work together than actually playing the game, and after I switched my job, I simply have no time to being adjusting mods anymore so I stopped playing. :(

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

ShiningForceHero posted:

It never hurts to have a mega-mod available for use, I would certainly appreciate it.

Short of having a mega mod, is there some sort of automatic mod updater available for FONV yet? Also, what is the best way (if it is even possible) to "recover" my old saves and use new set of mods for them? I still have all the saves, but I used a lot of mods previous, and spent a lot of time to keep the mods updated and merged. I simply don't have the time to do that again, so I'd just like to keep my old character (facegen at least) and maybe his story progress if that is even possible.

I'll probably restart my game anyway...

I am thinking about trying to use the following big mods as a base: Armory, Project NV, FOOK, WMX, NVskies, EVE. On top of these, I plan to get some texture mods, DarnUI + Revelation UI, Cream-of-Plenty's perk pack, and some companion mods. I am most worried about Project NV and Fook playing nice with each other though...

Speaking of companion mods, just which unlimited companion mod work w/o weird scripting glitches now? Thanks.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
I am thinking about starting up FNV again and I would like to start from my previous saves. However, I had a lot of mods loaded for those saves, so is there way to "clean" out the saves? Or should I just start a new game? thanks

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Thank you very much. Unfortunately I do have some perk mods installed, but if there is a more integrated way to update mods I'd rather just keep them.

My game time has been very limited, so last time, I literally spent 95% of my game time on updating/testing mods or waiting on the next patch that will fix "everything".

Is there a more dummy (me) friendly way/tool to install and update mods? Also, is it still the case that most of the big mods (PN or FOOK) don't play nice with each other?

Oh and one more question, sorry, but is there a stable and reliable mod that will increase the companion cap? I've tried all the mods that claim to have that functionality last time, and all of them are broken in some way. Most of them broken the scripts for the NPCs that you hired.

thanks!

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Thank you both very much Cream of plenty and Cirosan. I will try the things you two suggested. Thanks.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

PN has a level cap slider.

The max level is 50 though, unless I installed the mod wrong? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Ddraig posted:

Awesome set of mods

Thank you very much for doing this! I can't wait to fire up NV again with this.