Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm using Arenovalis' Texture Pack together with Project Nevada and Weapon Mods Expanded, and the guns seem unnaturally shiny and glossy. Should it be that way or is something wrong with my game install?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ok, I'm trying to set up my game to look like: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/images/40179-1-1297382052.jpg The Au Naturel setting. However I can't seem to get it right. My game is really dark, looking at the sun causes it to go washed out and the weather cycle is all screwed up: its dark until 10 AM and goes pitch-black at 8PM or so. I'm using Project Nevada, Nevada Skies URLW-ified, Lumenarium, Electro-City, both Imaginator and Cinematech. I've also added the Custom Lighting Overlay and Enhanced Shaders Lite, although I'm not sure if I'm using the correct version of that one. I've set them up in a load order according to the readme for Electro-City and I don't think I've gotten the intended effect. How should I install all this to make my game look like that screenshot?

Also, I'm looking for a mod that expands the reloading system, most of all adding the ability to craft cases (45. included). Any recommendations?

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Capn Beeb posted:

Sure, here you go:

Can you post the link to the TFR Ammo mod? I used it some time ago and it was amazing.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

This looks hella cool, but no Honest Hearts compatiblity yet.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Same thing as Fallout 3 where you could absolve your sins, no matter how deadly, by giving a dude some water.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there any mod to fix the automatic weapons' firing animation? They recoil before firing.

Also, despite Project Nevada not displaying any errors upon start-up, when I try to install an implant, it tells me there's something wrong with the Cyberware addon?

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I think the FN-FAL in Armory has broken ironsights? The rear circle doesn't line up with the little metal prong on the front or whatever, it makes it really hard to aim precisely.

Is New Vegas Bounties II supposed to throw insane amounts of enemies at you? I took the quest to find the Mongol Kid, and when I got to where he was, about 10 Great Khans spawned before my eyes and started attacking me, making the blur from getting hit totally obscure my view.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Naky posted:

Which FAL? The Izzy or the regular one?

The regular one without any attachments.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Lone Badger posted:

I've played with The Armory (2.0) for a while now and just wanted to comment on balance.

I think the high-calibre high-ROF weapons need to be toned down, quite a lot. I was using the M14 and Barrett for a while and they just blow away all the vanilla weapons with a combination of all three of high DPS, pinpoint precision and good damage/shot. Over 600 DPS on the M14, for example.

My suggestion would be to significantly lower the damage per shot and accuracy of fast-fire weapons when a slower firing version exists. It's not 'realistic', but to give the antimaterial rifle a niche the Barrett needs to do considerably less damage. And the M14 should do less damage per round and be less accurate than a dedicated sniper rifle (though perhaps not to Automatic Rifle levels of inaccuracy).

Apart from that it's all good, and technically it's very very good. The Bren Gun I mentioned earlier is the only bug I've spotted.

I've found all the high-ROF weapons really inaccurate, especially the LMGs. Haven't really used the sniper rifles though.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Filthy Monkey posted:

Are there any good mods which overhaul combat? That is probably my biggest issue with the game. The gunplay just doesn't feel satisfying. I've been using VATS as more of a 'help get me out of a jam' option than as a main attack method, but it still doesn't feel right. If I had a fallout with Stalker style combat, I don't think I would ever stop playing.

Project Nevada + The Armory's Alternate Armor System provide a pretty realistic gunplay. Provided you have appropriate ammo you'll be taking people out in a couple of shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I tried the Creatures Give You Hell mod suggested earlier here, and started a new game. Two geckos completely dominated me, Sunny Smiles and her dog.