Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Capn Beeb posted:

When you get locked into a serious gun mod collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can:

I need an AK next I think :ussr:

A Mare's Leg! :allears:
Are these your mods Beeb, or did you get them from the Nexus.

Also, I can't seem to get the better "That Gun" mod and JaySus' M1 Garand mod working. At least I haven't seen either weapon since I installed the mod. Any idea where they should be in the load order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

For the better That Gun mod, you'll have to find it at the Dino Shop in Novac (that's the gun's only location in the game, by default--it's a unique weapon.)

I, uh, I already bought "That Gun" from Novac before I installed the mod, and had the thing in my inventory when I did so. Am I hosed?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You shouldn't be. All the mod does is change the stats of the weapon so that it isn't relatively useless.

Ah, okay. I was concerned because I hadn't seen it in any store lists under the name's .223 pistol or 2019 Detective's Special.

Edit: I just went and checked on my "That Gun", which I'd left in my underground hideout. The mod didn't change it. The stats are still the same as when I bought it. Oh well.

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 3, 2011

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

That means for whatever reason you don't have the mod installed correctly. The fact that you bought the gun and it's sitting someplace where it's not found originally doesn't mean a thing.

That's what I figured. Unfortunately, the readme documentation is pretty sparse when it comes to any advice or recommendation regarding conflicts or load order. I'll keep dicking around with it.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

I just took a closer look at your picture and I think I might know the problem: You're supposed to pick either the .223 version (uses 5.56 ammo and repairs with service rifles) or the .44 magnum version (uses .44 magnum ammo and repairs with, well, .44 magnums). Since they both affect the same gun and you have both checked off the game is probably throwing a hissy fit and not changing it at all.

Just checked it out and it doesn't make a difference. With either one active, it's still called "That Gun", does 17 DAM and 80 DPS. This has to be a load order problem.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Nycticeius posted:

Try putting it last on the load order. That should overwrite anything.

Hah, that did it. Thanks. So, wow, that's quite a difference in power there. Kinda silly that it's still a revolver, though.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

The original gun in FO1/2 was a revolver too, as was the movie prop that it itself was based on, made from various parts of a .223 rifle no less :v:

Oh, I knew the Bladerunner Detective's Special was a revolver, but I thought the .223 pistol was, in FO1/2, a cut-down .223 semi-auto rifle. Eh, doesn't matter. Now I can blow holes in things alllllllllll day! :haw:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

So, I'm attempting to re-install New Vegas with the mods I used to use after a catastrophic computer failure a couple of months ago. Now, last time I played I used these mods and the game ran well (enough), now the game crashes out right after the initial credits screen. Here's the load order I have currently. This order was set by the BOSS load order thingy in FOMM, which has the caveat that it's not perfect or even often accurate. I know this is wrong, but I don't know how or why. Any insights?

CroatianAlzheimers fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 15, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Raygereio posted:

A crash at startup while using mods is generally caused by the game throwing a hissy fit over a missing master. Grab FNVEdit, have it process your loadorder and see what it says.

Depending on where you've placed your stuff, it could be the LOD. If it is, then you need to regenerate it.

Thanks! So, I found the problem with the master. Now it loads all the way to the picture of the NCR Ranger where the Start/Load/etc choices are supposed to be, and nothing shows. The picture is there, but the menu isn't, and the game crashes at that point. I grabbed FNVEdit, but I feel like I'm too stupid to figure it out because it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Here's the load order as it stands now. As I said before, I've had all of these mods working before, so I can't figure out what the problem is now. Is it something to do with the newest version of New Vegas, which I downloaded from Steam for this install?

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Ambient Temperature.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
CFWNV.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Inventory Access.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
VMods - Master.esm
Primary Needs HUD.esm
Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
HUD Extended.esp
HUD Extended - Ambient Temperature.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
UHNV.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
SecretStash20.esp
SecretStash40.esp
SecretStash60.esp
SecretStash80.esp
mojave music radio expanded v1.1.esp
BluesRadioNV.esp
WPR.esp
old vaquero includes that gun.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
that gun holdout.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
better that gun 223.esp
better that gun 44mag.esp
Powered Power Armor.esp
Ambient Temperature - PPA.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
GrenadeHotkey.esp
Imp's More Complex Needs.esp
Imp's More Complex Needs - JA - SORTED.esp
IMCNNV - Sorted.esp
Ambient Temperature - IMCNNV.esp
IMCNNV - HUD and Hotkeys.esp
Jump Fall Fixer.esp
VMods.esp
Mojave Nights.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money (Rebalance).esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal (Rebalance).esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
Nevada Skies.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
Ambient Temperature - Nevada Skies.esp
Railway Rifle 2.0.esp
JM1Garand4Loot.esp
RepairKit.esp
m1d.esp
Stampede.esp
CFWNVOptionalTweaker.esp
NVNightVision.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Right on, thanks for the catch. Sadly, the game was hanging up at the Ranger screen before I installed Secret Stash.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Has anyone had a problem with Unified HUD recognizing Imp's More Complex Needs? UHUD finds all my other HUD tweaks just fine, but refuses to recognize Imps, and none of the HUD additions are showing up in game. In addition, when I use Mod Config Menu, I can't actually manipulate any of the HUD options. They're there, and I can click on them, but nothing happens. There's also a lot of "no image here" messages, so something is up.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I use a mod called "Stampede" which I like a whole lot. Stampede is a unique, named weapon that's essentially a sawed-off and upgraded trail carbine. The weapon itself is based on the Mare's Leg carried by Steve McQueen in "Wanted: Dead or Alive". I love the hell out of it, and usually use it in place of a pistol until I get to where I can buy a That Gun or 14mm pistol/L'il Devil.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

See also:

Mare's Leg

Saddle ring, best ring.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh poo poo, you are correct. That's awesome, and is now in my mod list.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

So, I've started dying when either sleeping or waiting. It only takes one hour of sleep or waiting to kill my character. I think it has something to do with IMCN, specifically with one of my needs stats like stimms or something. Has anyone else run into this?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Is there a mod that adds holsters/scabbards/slings to the weapons and/or character outfits? I'm sick of my pistols just sort of floating there off my character's hip.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Psion posted:

Yes. Bear in mind you're going to run into clipping issues galore, but you could give these a try:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46192/
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37718/
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44625/

getting a holster to interact properly with your armor, stance, playermodel, and weapon is just a lot to ask for, so none of them are really awesome.

I think I used the one in the middle, based on some old Alexscorpion one, with a modded Sig P226 and it worked fine, but who knows, that was years ago.

Yeah, I poked around a little this afternoon on my lunch break and grabbed the one with all the load bearing harnesses and the other one that requires you use the console. Now I just need to find the mod that has a good shemagh/scarf that goes around the neck. I already have one but it goes over the character's head as well as around the neck.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Psion posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35597/

This one has both face-covering and non-face-covering options. Is it what you mean?

That's it exactly, thanks. It'll go great with my Rugged Jeans Outfit, my Small Camo Backpack, and my utility belt. God help me but I love playing dress-up in this game.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

horse mans posted:

I feel like I'm missing out but I've never really cared what the characters in my Gamebryo games look like. For all the things I mod, I've never played with alternate bodies/faces/eye colors/hair, unless some armor mod requires new bodies.

The only reason I used a new body this time is because I was using armor that required it. I do like the different armors/clothes/accessories stuff, though. The new body I got is surprisingly good. I love whatever reskin/body is being used in those scarf pictures. That dude looks pretty ripped.

The robot race looks completely awesome, and I'll probably play that next time I re-roll.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Was someone talking about a "cleaned up wasteland" mod earlier in the thread? I can't seem to find it, but I remember that the mod is supposed to clean up a lot of the garbage in inhabited regions. It makes it look like the people living there give a poo poo about their surroundings. You'd think that after 200 years someone might do a little sweeping or something.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

What was the mod mentioned earlier that got rid of all the corpses laying around? I'm fifty hours into this play through and the Powder Ganger bodies are still all over Good Springs.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Tonight I learned that the quick throw grenade/mine from Project Nevada is quick enough for me to re-equip my signature weapon, and have any kills gained from those explosives count towards leveling up my gun.

The game sees me getting the kill with the pistol, even if I just threw a mine at a pile of ghouls.

My signature weapon is a modded up Plasma Pistol.

I have Meltdown.

:stare::fh:

I've been considering re-rolling with the robot race and TTW and a couple other things even though I'm fifty-some hours in, and you're not helping me out here with all your talk of signature plasma weapons and Meltdown and all.

I'm still digging around for a mod that removes corpses/piles of ash from the game world after a while. Like I said earlier, the bodies of the Powder Gangers are still laying around outside of the Prospector in Goodsprings. Anyone have any recommendations?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Hahahahahahaha. What weapon is that? It looks really cool. Also, where'd you get those glasses?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Ah, right on. I have both of those. I was using the Molly Millions glasses from that shipment, since my character's name is Moll, but now I'm just wearing a targeting monocle. I have PN too, so I'll keep an eye out for that tesla rifle. Does it come with the sight, or is that an add-on.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Nope, it's basically a plasma sniper rifle! I think I found it upstairs in the Silver Rush :toot:

Welp, I'm gonna have to find some way in there then. I turned the VanGraff's into the NCR during Cass' quest, and now they shoot at me on sight. I can probably ninja my way in there, though. That thing looks pretty awesome.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

So, now I'm addicted to new weapon mods. I got the Mare's Leg, a pretty good Pancor Jackhammer, and of course all the cool stuff from PN. Sadly, there's no Dragunov on Nexus. There are updates/reskins for a Dragunov, but it looks like that Dragunov mod is long gone. I did find a VSS Vintorez that's pretty cool, though.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Oh, those SVDs are nice. Thanks for the heads up. I ended up giving Boone the Vintorez, and he's hell on wheels with it. Of course now the Jackhammer is crashing the game again, so I need to find a better place for it in the load order.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone know what might make a weapon mesh randomly crash a game when equipped? I'm tinkering with the shotgun from this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36407/

And sometimes equipping my gun after editing the mesh will cause a crash. All I've done was added a heatshield, shell saddle, and a choke. Also I've edited the texture so the pump and stock are wood.

I'd love to try that trenchgun out if you're willing to share.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Has anyone else had problems with Lombard Station becoming increasingly unstable? More than half the time I try to enter, especially if I've been playing for a while, the game crashes to desktop. It got so bad that I had to revert to an earlier save and lost some play time. The only thing I can think that's doing it is some of the extra weapon mods I have.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

warrencanadian posted:

So is there an easy way to turn on the additional options in The Armory once I've installed it? I was having trouble with it giving me errors during install last night, and now that I've got all the guns/weapons installed, I'd like to turn on the extra armor options too, but don't look forward to struggling through the uninstall/reinstall of the entire mod.

Edit: Oh god. I figured it out. Well, I never really wanted to leave my computer again anyway.

You actually got The Armory to work? I'm jealous. It crashes FOMOD for me every time, and that's with the FOMOD archive.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I got Armory working, most of the problem was me being stupid. Anyway, I just discovered something really odd. All the music that's original to the game is now gone. There's no ambient score, nor are any of the radio stations available. Radio New Vegas and Mojave radio are gone. None of the radios or jukeboxes play music anymore, and neither station are in my pipboy anymore. I'm running the mods for the stations (Secret Stash and MRX), and I'm running CONELRAD, Existence, Radio Blues, and the mod that expands the jazz from the Sierra Madre brodcast (all of which I can still listen to) but the rest has disappeared. Anyone ever run into this?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

The radio station part happened to me once, and I think it had to do with the Big MT teleporter in Lombard Station not properly reassigning the stations on a return trip. Going to Zion and coming back to the Mojave fixed it.

Huh, right on. I'll give that a try. I need to go to The Divide anyway, I left Audrey (the Spore Plant companion from Burning Sands) out there.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

You're right, it didn't. What did work is that as soon as I left the Divide I used the Transportalponder and instead of taking me to The Sink it took me to Mojave Drive-In and my radio stations were back. Weird, but it worked. Also, sadly, I didn't find my Audrey.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Heh, yeah. Audrey, when knocked out, ends up in your inventory again as a pack of seeds and plant tendrils. Then you have to hoof it to the BioEngine Research Facility and re-clone her. Doesn't look like she got whacked, and she's not in my pack, so I don't know where she is. I'll have to PM Puce Moose and get her ref id so I can move her to me.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Is there a mod that does for energy weapons what The Armory and Mr. Radioactive's mod does for conventional weapons? I'm starting a new energy weapons focused run and I'd love more variety.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

What the hell is that? Concept art?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

gently caress, man. I would have preferred that to what we got. That penthouse is amazing. Also, Beeb, you ever get that trench gun finished?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Goddrat that Lombard Station update sounds awesome, Swag. LS is my favorite player home, but it's so goddamned buggy it almost ruined my last playthrough. I'm excited to try your update.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Personally, I'd rather see pistols and SMGs as one board, then rifles, shotguns, and machineguns as another. Shotguns are, ostensibly, longarms and they should go on the longarm wall.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

For sure. I hate sorting all my guns then having a bunch left over in my inventory that the sorter doesn't know what to do with.

Are you planning on getting rid of the mannequins in the shooting lane, Swag? I can think of about a thousand ways to use that space better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Totally get rid of the mannequins. I'd rather have the cabinets.

Huh. I knew there was a door behind the flag, but I didn't know about the one behind the energy weapon wall. I wonder what was going to go back there. I like the idea of a bigger room instead of two smaller ones. I like to walk into the armory and see all my guns. Gives a real feeling of satisfaction.