Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Dr Strangepants posted:

I just got this game for Christmas (woohoo) and am planning on picking out some mods from the OP. It looks like most of them are small tweaks, but is there anything I should avoid for my first play through?

If I were you I'd play through once totally vanilla. Then add whatever mods you wish and go for another playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Heti posted:

There's possibly other ways to do it but the Underground Hideout mod that's in the OP has a display wall that does that.

Yea but are you manually putting those up there with the z key or whatever? I thought only specific guns could be displayed on the wall

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I don't get how all y'all are ok with brand shiny new tacticlol AK-47s in a post-apocalyptic video game.

Just strikes me as weird. Your character looks pretty ballin though

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Apotheosis posted:

To be honest, the AK isn't even the worst of it. I have like six weapons mods that add guns that wouldn't be out of place in MW2, plus a weapon replacer that makes the original guns tactilol as hell. Like ragnarok said, it's just a gimmick--I've only used a gun a handful of times, most of my fighting is done with the sword.

Yeah, tacticlol wasn't the right word to use, so my bad. The gun runner thing makes more sense now that I think about it but it's just a bit odd for me to see all that rust and decay next to sparkly guns. Whatever floats one's boat :)

Though a cool sword mod would be neat I guess. I might wanna get on that.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

TheJoker138 posted:

That's the main thing from it I wanted...

I think if you have Project Nevada it gets a stealth field you can turn on and off.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently Tales From the Burning Sands Chapter 2 is getting released tomorrow. Have to say I can't wait.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

1 GB uncompressed? Man, that's a lot of guns! I'll be keeping my eye open so I can throw a link to the server up on the OP once everything's been set up.

With the right mods and lighting conditions, this game really can look pretty. Nevada Skies - URWLified is fantastic.

How are your days looking that bright? i have Fellout and all that stuff but it's not that pronounced

Edit: beaten

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Carecat posted:

Time for more disturbing underage bouncing cleavage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZ5AZtbi9o

Cool, I never thought a fallout mod would put me on an FBI watchlist

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Looking for a good beret mod. I tried the one mentioned on the first page, with the boonies and the knitcap, and it wasn't really my thing.

If there are any berets or neat hat mods out there I'd like to check them out.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Thinking of installing that Bison Steve Rebuilt Mod. Is it worth it? Seems like a pretty nifty mod.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Edit: nevermind, figured it out.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 25, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cubemario posted:

Yeah, this game has come out with some really great mods and NV is a game that keeps on giving, it's been worth the full price for sure.

That said, one of the mods confuses me a bit. The Armory is supposed to install supposedly 200 some weapons and such. The thing is, I'm 6 or 7 hours into my new file and I've probably only come across 8 or 10 of those weapons so far. Did I install something wrong or is this normal, if it's normal are there ways of finding more of them?

There's a dresser behind Goodsprings General with all the weapons

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hey everybody, just did a clean reinstall, updated all my old mods, etc, and I'm looking for some new armor to try out. Tailor Made is kind of boring me now, I don't want anything tacticlol and I've tried most of the stuff in the OP. I sound picky as hell but if anybody has some cool armor mods that aren't anachronistic I'd really appreciate seeing what you find.

Also just checking, but World of Pain is still poo poo, right?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I will probably do this, yes. My only concern is that some of the hairstyles will clip with the melted faces of the elderly, as some of the beards already do.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, so far. Such a simple idea that I'm surprised it hasn't been done already.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that the male "Tender Touch" example I provided looks like Hitler. :tinfoil:

That's actually good for when I do my "Adolf Hitler" playthrough for shits and giggles.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Alright, LPAM v2.0 is up and available
Download Link

FEATURES:
    -16 new pieces of equipment, bringing the total to 37 armors, outfits, helmets, goggles, and even a backpack!
    -Two versions: One balanced for vanilla armors, and one balanced for JSawyer.esp.
    -At least 50% better integration than LPAM v1.0, guaranteed! Most armors have been added into repair lists with similar items, conform to traits like "Four Eyes" and "Traveling Light."
    -Better than LPAM v1.0!

If I'm wearing armor from LPAM 1.0 I can update to 2.0 and everything will still work, yes?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Just figured I'd give a shoutout to Omnicarus for Lombard Station. It's definitely my favorite player housing and there's so many neat touches.

For example I didn't realize throwing weapons went downstairs and not on the weapon wall, so I took a bunch of throwing spears and figured they'd go somewhere on a rack, and was blown away when they show up in a barrel that I thought was just for decoration. The tables are great for displaying custom weapons and it manages to do all the cool poo poo the Underground Hideout does without being all retarded and over the top.

It's a fantastic player home and I totally recommend it.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The "sort ammo" option puts all your ammo in the boxes and "stock" puts it all from the boxes to the racks

I'm not sure about ammo. I've just been putting the ammo I'm not using in the containers and then hitting stock. If it glitches out just take all the ammo off the racks and containers, hit stock to clear the racks and then use the containers to restock.

It works for me but yeah, it seems a bit buggy.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 4, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Is there an updated texture pack Arenovalis? The one I find on Nexus hasn't been updated since late 2011 or something and I'd love one with all the new textures if you've got one.

They're extremely well done :)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Has anybody tried Beyond Boulder Dome? How is it?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's pretty intriguing that the NCR in this mod seems to fit the "evil" role, being that their goal is to kill everybody that may have been exposed to this virus.

Playing that mod as a well-meaning saint of the NCR should be interesting.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

HappiestBatman posted:

I've got an issue I'm wondering if anyone can help me with. I reinstalled New Vegas earlier today. Right now it's basically completely vanilla. The only things added are the DLC (except Courier's Stash) and NVSE since I planned on doing some modding. I launch the game through FOMM.

The problem comes as soon as the game starts. I can do Doc Mitchell's whole schtick, but my character looks like this:

As long as I don't leave the guy's house everything is fine, but stepping outside I immediately crash after the loading screen. Anybody know what's going on and how to fix this?

Your video card's probably about to die.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

You're a saint, thanks for this!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

Here's one of the bugs Mission Mojave fixed.

"Y-17 trauma override harness were set female in vanilla despite them being trained soldiers. Set all of them to male."

Yep.

not only is that incredibly sexist but weren't the people in Trauma Harnesses engineers?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Alright, for some reason New Vegas seems to be crashing instantly every time I try to enter the Jacobstown Lodge, and to the best of my knowledge ONLY the Jacobstown Lodge and not any other specific location. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

It did for me too when I installed Beyond Boulder Dome. If that's the problem and you haven't started Beyond Boulder Dome yet you can just disable it, do whatever you need to do in the lodge and enable it again.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Just downloaded RobCo Certified and started playing around with it on my repair/guns character and holy poo poo is it fun. Got two teslatrons as my front line guys, a mister handy with a shotgun, and an eyebot friend for ED-E. It's so cool.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

WarLocke posted:

Are there any suggested SPECIAL or perk setups for a runthrough? I haven't played a Fallout game in for-loving-ever, and unlike Skyrim you can't just do whatever and max everything out, right?

I'm gonna look through that STEP guide posted a little earlier but goon mod recommendations would be cool, too. Other than the ones in the OP I guess.

Max out repair, science and guns and use RobCo Certified. Congratulations, you're now a mad scientist robot master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
People using RobCo Certified, is there somewhere I can get all the recipes for the junkbots? I would like to be able to do it in the field rather than trying to whack a fire hydrant, having the game tell me im lacking "certain components", having to go back to Cerulean Robotics every time and checking the recipe that way.