Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

Capn Beeb posted:

A weak rear end nine is still a weak rear end nine.
Benny's a businessman so offer a return value of 4,44 times what he invested. Thump-Thump courier services delivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

SilentW posted:

Thump-Thump is the best unique weapon that you can get for little or no effort- I have one-shotted entire packs of Cazadors and Lakelurks with it, murdered Caesar and all his Praetorian Guards in three shots, and just generally wrecked the hell out of everyone. That gun is brokenly good.

Thump-Thump: my flares are powder gangers

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Kgummy posted:

Well, Doc Mitchell decided to stealth himself after giving me the pipboy. Everything else was normal, though. I snapped a picture of him grabbing a bite to eat. Of course, it went back to normal after leaving/re-entering. Probably had to do with something funky in my load order, but it was harmless and unexpected. Now I imagine some sort of stealth doctors, wandering the wastes.
Médecins sans contours.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Is there a meditation or yoga mod yet?

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Brace posted:

How did you achieve that picture? It looks amazing.
Nevada Skies UWRL +
Imaginator (scheme Big Light low, low soft focus, +2 cyan +1 blue +1 either green or yellow I think, -1 saturation) +
all the Ojo Bueno HQ texture packs with ultra HQ options where available +
Vurt's flora (trees) +
enhanced shaders +
a hill near Bitter Springs and a suitable weather =

Unrelated, I realize I'm probably the last person to get this but Baldcade Gannon is the greatest gift in all of OWB.

edit: anyone want to make a spraygun so Baldcade can paint "King Mob" on the walls?

Capn Beeb posted:

It's almost as if the legionary is calmly contemplating the ramifications of losing a leg.

Deleuzionist fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 3, 2011

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Cubemario posted:

Same problem with western skies here, I've seen this pop up more than once. It appears to be a problem with the mod itself since nobody here seems to have come up with a solution.

I just decided to stop using it and use Project Reality instead, which has it's own problems right now, but the next update may fix them.

Since it only seems to affect the Western sky texture, disabling it is an ok cludge until a proper solution is found.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Switched over from NSkies to PR during the weekend. So far I like it after some tweaking.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

"Project Reality"

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Zedd posted:

Since we are on that subject now I am going to ask my question again if nobody minds.

Install the Advanced Recon Gear mod and behold, multi-setting night vision goggles are yours. Seriously, I suggest this instead of looking for ways to tone down the darkness.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

rope kid posted:

There's no place for AMRs, Brush Guns, Riot Shotguns, or Marksman Carbines when there are Gauss Rifles, Tesla Cannons, Multiplas Rifles, and Laser Rifles taking over.

The schema you posted could actually have some use for an AMR-like weapon in tier 5 or 6 since a flash-suppressed, silenced or semi-silenced long range weapon seems to be missing.

:spergin: If there's weapons for hunting and a survival skill, then there simply must be tools for hunting Yao Guai, Cazadors, and other beasts of unusual size like a ghost. The weapon could even be made unusually clumsy, forbidding jumping or running while in use, or having to be set up on some mount or some other handicap, forcing the player to crouch, if it turns out that a quiet and powerful sniping weapon is just too useful for many other things.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Ace Oliveira posted:

Has anybody seen this mod yet? http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=39058

It's the AI module from XFO made indepentent of XFO. I already use one called Modified Combat Values that makes NPCs act a bit tactical during combat, mostly regarding the way they use their weapons. This one seems to do much more than that, and does it in a larger way.

Thanks for the link! This is a definite improvement over the base AI and should go into the OP.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Arenovalis posted:

Thanks guys :D

I finished the high poly for the next one, a highly requested one at that!

How does this compare to the original in size/dimensions? I may be alone in this but I always thought the original game's marksman's c and the service rifle seemed oddly thin compared to the scale of the other weapons.

Also thank you for your work, it's a pleasure to play using your gun textures :)

I've been to the Mojave way too much lately.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Upmarket Mango posted:

Are you using any graphic mods?

No. Not any graphic mods, very specific ones.

The textures are from Ojo Bueno's ultra quality packages and the extra vegetation from Vurt, while the weather, lights and overall tone are a combination of Project Reality, Imaginator with custom colour settings, and FNVEnhanced Shaders. The rendering distance of objects is also increased from vanilla.

---

Requesting Flashlight NV to be added to the OP as casual search didn't find it there.

There's an equippable version and a headmounted version.

A better model for the headmounted version can be found here: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=39773

If you haven't installed 2048x2048 tumbleweeds yet, please do so immediately at http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40333

Deleuzionist fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 11, 2012

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

1.Come into the house to Doc Mitchell
2.To type in the console:killall
3.To approach to Doc Mitchell;to cause the console;to press on Doc Mitchell and to print:resurrect
It's not an everyday occasion to get modding advice from an Ultima 6 gargoyle.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Went back to playing Vegas, added a few mods (EVE 1.13 patch, Mission Mojave, latest improved shaders, latest Interior Lighting Overhaul), and now my game crashes when I try to access people's buy menus. Has anyone had this problem? I deactivated Mission Mojave but that didn't seem to solve the problem.

My current load order is:

IWS-Core.esm
CINEMATECH.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
aHUD.esm
iHUD.esm
New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
DWCNV.esm
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Better Burned Man.esp
Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
XFO - 9da - Enemies - NPC Healing - low.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Existence2.0.esp
NVEC Complete Improved Sound FX Patch.esp
RNVExtended[60]v3b1.esp
BlackMountainRadioEverywhere.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
VisualDrugs.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp
FlashlightNVSE.esp
Roberts_NewVegas.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
NVR- Recommended.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
EVE FNV.esp
FNVEnhancedShaders - AA-DOF Enable.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
ProjectRealityMkIv5HDR.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
OWB-Path Lights.esp
DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
Directors Chair.esp
Improved Ballistics Effects V2.esp
Cosmetic Cigarettes.esp
evilkarmatweak.esp
Couriersclothes.esp
CamOneLoC.esp

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Nexuuuuus! :argh:

Latest update of EVE has some nice new effects, do go get it if you haven't updated in a while.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Naky posted:

Unless they've fixed the vomiting bug, I'd pass on that.
Up to last night I would have had no idea what you were talking about because I've never seen that, but now the croupiers in Gomorrah are ruining the roulette tables.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Upmarket Mango posted:

I'm using Electro-City Imaginator with the "Overall Nice Enhancement" preset enabled and Project Reality with everything disabled except for the "Pleasant" weather cycle.

EDIT: It's probably Project Reality behind it but it can't be the sole cause because I recall this sort of thing being present in the vanilla game as well (albeit not as pronounced).

Since you're using what I'm using, try these settings in Imaginator :

(no cinematic presets or hollywood styles active, these shaders installed)

Brightness and contrast may require tweaking based on what kind of a monitor you have. The above settings are on my monitor completely compatible with Interior Lighting Overhaul.

I used to have it overbearingly yellow/blue when I was using only Nevada Skies and nothing else:

This is the same almost clear blue weather on PR and Imaginator with the settings above:

Be warned though, as said by other posters the weird excessive reflection in the light maps can't be completely eliminated by any known means so the 'covered-in-spoo' element will always be present one way or another.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Beaumont posted:

Wait, how did you get the Mod Configuration Menu to play nice with all those mods? Trying to update MCM with Project Nevada just shits up my version of MCM and leaves Project Nevada unplayable.
I just installed all the MCM-supported mods first and MCM as the last one. No special tricks or anything. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I removed OFT, but I'm looking at NVEC's Nexus page and...what the gently caress? First thing is a picture of a nude chick with H-Cup tits pointing a "plasma revolver" at the camera. Is the "NVEC - Bugfixes" truly a bugfixes plugin, or does it incorporate, "things a 16-year-old kid thought needed changing"?

These images...these images...

EDIT: I should also mention that I have "Mission Mojave" under the Miscellaneous section, which is another bugfix compilation.

EDIT 2: One of the new NVEC Challenges is "Damage the poo poo out of enemy heads with bullet rifles." :holy:
There should be nothing terrible in the bugfixes. At least I haven't noticed anything yet and I've played a char from level 1 to 24 at -25%exp gain (takes somewhat longer) since installing it.

The complete package is so worthless, not in the least because of its inclusion of the most tactilol weapons pack I've seen in any game.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Naky posted:

From what I've read on modding forums, Mission Mohave/NVEC aren't very well liked. The popular sentiment is that they break almost as much as they fix and quite a lot of their 'fixes' are personal preference bullshit stuff that's usually totally unnecessary. I guess MM conflicts like a mother fucker too? I dunno, just parroting what I read across the communities.

I run MM at the moment because it's so far the only thing in my mod inventory that removes the GRA tags from weapons and makes weapon mods fully compatible. I also have increased stability after installing it, which I assume to be a sign that I lucked out and one of the fixes happened to be the one that was crashing me a lot, but this shouldn't be taken as a glowing endorsement since my current Vegas install is a sprawling mess that needs to be sorted out at some point. I'll probably take a new look at MM's total worth when that happens, and welcome any suggestions of other mods that do away with the GRA tags and weapon mod incompatibility.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

That could be the mod's author perceiving them as male because of their voice and forgetting that's the voice of the harness itself not the person. Except that his point about the pro soldiers kind of sucks, yes...

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Krime posted:

First time modder here.

Might be an obvious answer (No), but can you install mods on the fly?

I've got a few mods installed already on this playthrough.

What if I go and install more? Will the game crash? Is it a case by case basis?
Carefully check the documentation provided with the mod or its FAQ or whatever. Usually it is specifically mentioned if a mod requires starting a new game to function properly, and in such instances it really is best to obey the requirement. As a rule of thumb the more complex the mod and the more it alters the game, the more likely a restart is required.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

Has anyone had any problems with the scripted sequence for the caravan that gets attacked by a legion ambush between Nipton and Novac? Some mod apparently has either broken it or hosed with the NPC alignments, and now the caravan just waltzes through the legion ambush while the recruits and veterans pick their noses, but if start shooting up the cosplaying pricks, the traders and mercs attack me too.
:psyduck:

First thing I thought was "Mission Mojave or NVEC done hosed up" and disabled them, but the problem didn't disappear. Can IWS cause this, has someone else seen this happen and knows why, or should I go back to suspecting MM & NVEC and load a much earlier save (I loaded one from Wolfhorn Ranch but it's possible the NPCs in question have already spawned by that point)?

edit:

This simple faraway terrain noise texture improvement should go into the OP http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/46451

Deleuzionist fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 21, 2012

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Did he fix the miscolouration on some types of terrain?

Never paid attention to that myself, modded or unmodded, can't say.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

lalaland posted:

My load order:
[/code]
How's your gore otherwise? I can't recall explosion behavior with the blood mod you have but I do remember places were pretty red after a good fight and I never felt a want of gore on the setting that was in your mod list.

I miss this game. Maybe I should reinstall it.

...except that last time didn't end so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

CJacobs posted:

It wasn't my doing. You try making a good looking female character in this game. :shrug:
I made a bald girl once and she was hot like Jean-Luc Picard.