Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Kind of off-topic, but i remember playing Oblivion mods and even running a few that are guaranteed to work together wind up breaking everything i hold dear.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, has time passed enough so that when you play a later game that i really like, like say, Fallout:New Vegas, the chances of mods destroying your game are much, much less compared to an old game like oblivion?

I haven't played Oblivion since 2008 but I recall a lot of critical errors just by walking ten loving steps somewhere, with or without mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Moridin920 posted:

It's way way more stable than Oblivion modding...I think the save game corruption issue is more with the Gamebryo engine and how it handles autosaving and saving more than the mods themselves though...(I just counted and I have right around 100 mods in my load order and it runs perfectly fine except for that one issue I just mentioned).

Bit late of a reply and a couple of pages behind, but thanks very much, that is so godamn relieving right now. I can't wait to get a decent computer that can run this and tryout Naky's weapon mod.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Quick question. Do you need any of the Downloadable content to play with some of these mods?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yes. Sometimes it is a requirement, and sometimes it is not. It's generally very clear that a mod requires a DLC (for example, you can't use Project Nevada's Old World Blues' plugins without already owning Old World Blues; you can't use WMX or WME's mods for DLC weapons if you do not already own the corresponding DLC.) In these cases, common sense dictates that you need to own the DLC to use the mod. Most mods do not arbitrarily require DLC, however, unless they're meant specifically for the DLC. It's not like you're going to download a flashlight mod and find out that Lonesome Road is required for it to function, unless it's a really stupid mod.

Right thanks. That last part was what I was looking for. I'm looking to purchase the original only on steam and I'd like to play it straight away with all the famous mods that offer convenient stuff, bug fixes, new features and the like without having to worry if it won't work because I don't have Dead money or something.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If you don't mind me asking, why don't you just get the GOTY edition that will undoubtedly cost pennies in Steam's upcoming Summer Sale?

I didn't want to spend 40 bucks, when I could just buy it for 26 at amazon (But didn't want to wait) and I haven't seen NV on sale on steam for awhile now. It was an impulse buy thing. I'll wait until there's a sale.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 2, 2012

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I wanted to give the Armory a shot, and the OP stated that it needed that combat animations mod. Wierd though, that the versions I see in the nexus are the pistol and rifle separately, AND I can't seem to have both activated at the same time.

Or I have it installed wrong because the animations don't have additional install instructions, and as such, the Armory doesn't get installed properly.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I thinkin' about trying out this New Frontier mod. This means pretty much starting fresh for me, reinstalling New Vegas for about the 30th time. I've only installed the necessities like that one mod that adds bullet time and sprint function, but never a mod where it's a whole new location. Any tips?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Holy jumping shitballs, I "was" interested in the Frontier mod when i last posted here. This is what finally changed the thread title?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

DaysBefore posted:

no yeah I get that it's just that it makes no sense for the Courier to join the Enclave because they're literally Nazi's who will kill you with sci-fi blasters for being gentically inferior. I guess I'm focusing too much on narrative and not enough on just, like, fun. But I dunno, Enclave fans tend to skeeve me.

Well, yeah but....They do have cool power armor though. I mean. That has to count for something. The obsession with the enclave is pretty dumb by this point considering they have been completely broken by the end of Fallout 2, and the known surviving members have integrated into wasteland society.

On topic, I am getting real Hunt down the freeman vibes from this frontier mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Bogart posted:

jsawyer ultimate mentat addicted lizards who suck you off

Why is it always lizards????