Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Heck yeah, Nevada Skies finally updated its URWLified version. And WMX's creator decided to finally give us an all-in-one megadownload so you don't have to get 15 different packages each time you install! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Dear God do I love this game and its modding sometimes. Most of it, really. I'm going to get a new install put together and I'm trying to figure out the EXACT amount of additional weapons I want. I think Project Nevada's weapons, WMX with MW, AG Supplementary Uniques, and then Fallout 3 Weapons Restoration add just a titch too few! So I'm looking into Reload/Rearm, the STALKER pack, and then ZL Armaments. The SHRAPNEL/Ahztek's mod seems to be a bit too much for me, that's just plain overkill, ditto with The Armory. It's hilarious just how many friggin' weapons have been made or ported over. The game is just a TFRer's sandbox of a wet dream.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, wow! Gonna go ahead and grab it in order to tinker around with exactly that. I'll look at the leveled lists of other mods to check how to implement the functionality and then do exactly that. Thanks, Naky! As always!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Thanks, I shan't even bother downloading/installing it on top! Some dumb question pertaining to stability of mods: Is there any reason I should avoid, for reasons of crashing or incompatibility or anything else, Monster Mod + Monster Wars, Warzones, Elecro-City, and EVE?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, it should be starting the game up, and using NVSE if that's there as well.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Just don't ever use MMUE. Use NVEC. NVEC is awesome and has literally everything you could ever want for bugfix and tweak/gameplay addition mods added into it, with shitloads of support patches available officially (or rather, not from third-party supporters, like all the others tend to be from). I ended up having to download almost nothing additional beyond PN/WMX/EVE because NVEC Complete with NVCE does EVERYTHING. BOTH of the major sound mods, Improved Sound FX v0821 and CRL9000 Sound Modification along with AG Weapon Reload Sounds. Manual Reload and Increased Weapon Jamming, which I always get to re-implement the jamming I never see otherwise. All the good Puce Moose tweak mods, the neck covers for various helmets, Extended Repair Kits is something I absolutely love, DFB Random Encounters ditto, Librarian of the Wastes is nice to have, the T-51b Service Manual is exactly the solution to wanting to have an alternative to questing for the power armor training perk I was looking for, Receive Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Caps With Random Luck is one of the many, many things that makes sense and should've been in in the first place, in my mind, it implements almost every New Vegas Uncut mod so long that it doesn't conflict, Bobblehunt's an old fave of mine, both of the New Vegas Bounties quest lines and DEIMOS are integrated so you don't have to download THOSE, either. It's just retarded how much poo poo is concentrated in one download. And a buncha stuff is relegated to needing to be activated manually for them to be turned on, like Wild Wasteland Integrated (no longer a trait, you just turn it on outside of Doc Mitchell's house at the beginning if you want it) along with DLC Weapon Integration and a few other things, like Nordic Firearms and Micalov's Weapons. So yeah, I love that this exists now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

PrinceRandom posted:

So is New Vegas Interiors stable?

It is, but it's made by someone whose English capabilities lies somewhere between the that of a first grader and a second grader who is both retarded and deceased. Just look at this and try not to slam your head against your monitor's screen: "NVInteriors_combo is a merge of NVInteriors_WastelandEdition,NVInteriorsUrbanEdition and, NVInteriors_Tweeks, Requires the NVInteriors_Core but, DO NOT USE WITH THE STAND ALONE VERSIONS OF NVINTERIORS!" The spelling poo poo doesn't end on the NewVegasNexus page, either. "Dethclaw Observitory"

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, dumb question but is there an equivalent of the Skyrim memory hack implemented for FONV yet, either through NVSE or otherwise? I remember it being mentioned that it could be back-ported to the previous games from Skyrim, but I'm curious if it's yet available.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Poison Mushroom posted:

FNV4GB what you're looking for?

No, it's called SSME and was rolled into SKSE's alpha version of 1.7.0. It doesn't do what LAA does.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, Goons. Got a quick request, for if anyone just happens to have it around somewhere: I am looking for DJMystro's Angel Park Remix patch that changes Angel Park 2 (I think and hope that it is for 2, anyway, as that's the only one I can find anywhere (on loving Fileplanet, of all things)) into a more sensible and interesting experience. I can't find it anywhere and am really hoping someone has it on hand, as I'd love to have everything put together before I start this play-through soon. Oh, and a tiny question: NVEC is what I'm using as the foundation of my New Vegas experience at the moment, and it has the two New Vegas Bounties mods integrated into it, but not Russell and The Inheritance. NVEC DOES have the patch for SomeguySeries.esm, but not info on whether or not it's needed to have all 4 of the Someguy Series mods installed, or just the 2 that aren't already integrated into NVEC. Anyone got any ideas on that one? I'm doing some searching, but reading the drat NexusMods comments section for any given mod is a pain in the loving rear end. Only loading, like, 10 or 20 at a time is just ridiculous when at least 95% of those comments are pure loving garbage some retarded 12-year-old vomited up.

edit: Nevermind on Angel Park Remix! Turns out one of the two sources of Angel Park 2 I stumbled upon was packed with 2, the 2a update, and Remix. Yay for that.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 15, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Helical Nightmares posted:

I'm pretty new to modding.

I got FOMM and the fantastic jsawyer mod to work for New Vegas and now I want to install some graphical enhancements and ENBs to the game.

Does anyone have experience with incompatibility or corrupted saves with jsawyer and:
- NMC texture pack
-fallout character overhall (head skin mod)
-Monster mod
-Dynamo EMB
-new armor mods + graphical re skins of vanilla armors
-Ambient Wasteland 2.0

Will there be a problem with adding these mods to an existing jsawyer save?

I think I read somewhere there was a way for Project Nevada and jsawyer to work together. Anyone try this? Is it fun? Any issues?

Thoughts are appreciated.
A: NMC's textures have absolutely no changes to gameplay and all, so you'll be fine adding that. Reskinning of vanilla armors is the same. I recommend Low-Profile Armor Mod (LPAM) for new armors, by the way. FCO will work with JSawyer. It's ENB, by the way, not E M B. ENBs don't change any gameplay elements, either.

Now, I really want to recommend NVEC, the gigantic awesome bug-fixing mod that adds just a ridiculous amount of smallish mods to expand functionality to almost every area of the game, as it does have JSawyer built into it. If you use NVEC and its Project Nevada patch, which squares the circles of both mods working together, you will have a gameplay experience that includes the changes from JSawyer as well as having Project Nevada. In all honesty, you can have about 95% of what you would ever want with just NVEC, PN, and WMX together.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Modding FO4 and then playing it just made me long for New Vegas. What's new in the New Vegas modding community from the past year or so?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't suppose anybody else has made the move from using NVEC (New Vegas Enhanced Content) to something more up-to-date, like the Fear & Loathing In New Vegas guide? I'm looking at doing this and am curious if there's a whole ton of stuff NVEC covered that is missing from the end result of F&L or if it's, you know, well worth the change.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Send help. I finally got my poo poo modded out right and now I can't focus enough to get through Doc Mitchell's house. I'm terrible at gaming. I spent, like, 4 days processing the loving F&L In New Vegas guide and doing poo poo like merging plugins and making bashed tags and now I don't even play the loving thing?!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Project Nevada is the de-facto essential mod for FONV. Definitely use that. Melee characters really aren't that disadvantaged in FONV, either, for once. Unarmed and Melee are both on roughly equal footing, too, so you have a choice in which you wanna use.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Max Wilco posted:

You've got a point there.

So I installed Mod Organizer, and I'm having more trouble getting it setup than I expected. I got NVAC and the Someguy Series thing for the Bounties mod. However, I ended up with item in the list marked as 'Overwrite', and all the Non-Mod Organizer iterms are marked as 'Unmanaged'. Is that normal or did I screw something up? Also, regarding NVSE, do I need to coordinate that with Mod Organizer? I haven't installed it yet, and I'm wondering if I can install it with MO.

Already been stated, but don't worry about the Overwrite folder, it's always going to fill up with .ini files auto-genned by NVSE files. You can either move them to the FONV base data folder, a new MO-managed mod, or not care about 'em. All 3 of those methods function the same. :) Unmanaged mods are your poo poo installed in the FONV base data folder, basically should just be FONV and your DLC. Just put 'em at the top of the list so they're overridden by mods.

Also, I would like to recommend an ENB and weather setup: http://www.moddb.com/mods/urwlnv-ultimate-edition-v20

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Max Wilco posted:

The Better Binoculars one's confusing, though since there's two DATA folders listed (one listed under '<data'>, and another listed under the 'Binoculars Shapes' directory), and I can't figure out how to merge them so that they work properly. Either it applies the extra zoom without the binocular shape, or it flat out doesn't work. If I can't get it work, that's fine. I'm just worried I'll run into the problem again with something else.

Fear and Loathing In New Vegas covers how to do something like that. First you set the data directory to the proper one, then you go into the optional subdirectory that you're talking about (Binoculars Shapes) and drag it up to the base. Boom.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus Christ. That is one hosed-up archive. Clearly not intended for use by MO installers. I say unpack the dang thing manually somewhere else, merge the few options you prefer together properly, then zip that directory up and install that in MO.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yep. MO uses its own .ini files for each profile.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yep. Profile options, Automatic Archive Invalidation.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
And don't forget that you should DISABLE MO Archive Handling for FNVLODGen. For some weird reason. Then re-enable it after you're done building your LOD.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, Goons who know anything about LPAM: What happens if I use LPAM with the body meshes/textures of Roberts and Type 3? I'm guessing/know that LPAM is built for Vanilla, so the question is, what happens when I first encounter an LPAM-added armor-wearing NPC? Has anyone tried using the combination before and can say it works okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That seems about what I'd expect from the lead writer on Skyrim and Fallout 4.