Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Schubalts posted:

That is Willow and a "Totally not an Argonian guys! I recolored these textures and everything!" Drake's Dragon Race from Oblivion.

Looking at that picture, I thought someone had made a Britney Spears companion mod :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

The Cheshire Cat posted:

(even with the friend of the night perk - I'm not even sure what makes it trigger but it doesn't seem to work in a lot of dark interiors), so your only choices are the vanilla "Still pretty much daytime" level of darkness or "Completely blind, might as well sleep until daytime" darkness.

Friend of the night is only active from around 20:15 to 5:45 (or thereabouts), regardless of whether you're outdoors or indoors, despite what the description says. This can lead to some weird moments where things suddenly grow much darker inside a cave or building, because the perk stopped working due to the time.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 7, 2011

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Comic posted:

So I used prid <ref_id> and moveto player to teleport them to me (this doesn't disable achievements I hope) and their inventories are untouched!

I don't know about the rest, but using the console does disable achievements. Having used the console doesn't get marked on your savegame though, so you can just use the console to your hearts content, save, then exit and restart the game. It'll forget you used the console and achievements will work as normal.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
So, Lombard station.

I thought I had an OCD for hoarding stuff before getting this addon, but afterwards... Oh dear, it's like stocking my weapon walls and ammo shelves have become my sole reason for playing my current game. I just HAVE to get everything filled up, and for weapons they HAVE to be in perfect repair even though there's no visual difference. I love this addon so much...

That said, it has some odd quirks. Every time I activate my manufacturing bench, regardless of whether I actually make anything or not, it doubles the amount of coyote hides, dog hides, Deathclaw hands and radscorpion glands I have stored. I've also seen my stockpile of purified water multiply once, but I don't know what triggered that, I just suddenly had 500+ purified water in the crate. I think I've seen Bark scorpion glands multiply too, but when I tested the manufacturing bench thing it didn't happen, so I'm less sure about that.

When using the oven, it can't use Fresh Carrots that are in the fridge; it gets displayed as having 0 carrots available. Granted, the recipe I was trying to make was from another addon, but all the other ingredients showed up so I'm not sure that should matter. Also, Antivenom and Psycho seem to get stored in the fridge if I store my food before storing my meds. Ant Nectar also goes in both the fridge and the medical cabinet, but Fire Ant Nectar only goes in the fridge.

All in all though, awesome addon and definitely my house of choice from now on :)

AG3 fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Oct 16, 2011

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Coughing Hobo posted:

Make sure you're using the newest version, 04.

Doh, I thought I remembered reading that the duplication bug had been fixed. I guess the OP link isn't updated yet.

*Edit*

Seems there's still a water duplication bug going around... My stock of purified water jumped from ~500 (from a previous duplication) to ~2200 just now... But I can't seem to replicate the bug at will. Strange.

*Edit 2*

Curiously, it seems to happen if I load my game, then go over and sort my food and drinks. My 537 stored water +28 water in my bags becomes 2176 stored water after sorting. Leaving and re-entering the station before sorting doesn't help. But if I put my purified water in the fridge, then sort the food and drink, it doesn't happen. Then I can take the water from the fridge, sort food and drinks again, and the amount of water added is only 28 as it should be.

*Edit 3*

More testing... If I drop all but 4 of my Purified Waters on the ground before sorting, it will not bug out. If I DRINK all but 4 (or 1 for that matter), it will get bugged. If I put all but 3 of my waters in a container and then sort, it will not bug out either, but if I keep 4 or more in my bags, it gets bugged... I don't get it. Oddly enough, if I take water out of the crate after it has bugged and try sorting again, it doesn't multiply again. It's not random, but I'll be damned if I can make any sense of what makes it decide to multiply or not.

*Edit 4*

It seems that I can just drop the whole stack of Purified Water in my bags on the floor, pick it up again, then sort, and it won't multiply. I guess dropping and picking it up again clears something up that shouldn't be there. Oh well, I'll just do that before sorting from now on.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 16, 2011

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Haeleus posted:

Do any mods exist that get rid of item durability or at least mitigate it? I started playing recently and I'm loving the game, but after playing Skyrim I find it ridiculous the rate at which weapons and armor degrade, as well as the fact that even partially repairing only my most-used stuff costs several thousand caps.

Personally I prefer to use the console to give myself Raul's companion perk "Full Maintenance", which reduces weapon and armor degradation by 75%. Bring up the console and type player.addperk 0015d2bc to get it. This requires that FalloutNV.esm is at the very top of your load order (which it should be), otherwise the first two digits in the perk number will change depending on how far down the load list it is.

If 75% is too much, replacing the number with 0015c610 instead will give you "Regular Maintenance" which reduces degradation by just 50%.

Achievements will be disabled after typing in the code, but restarting the program will enable them again, so just save and restart to get them back.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 25, 2011

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Smol posted:

Why the hell is it marked as adult-only? :psyduck:

It's probably not the mod, but the one screenshot the author uploaded that has the PC's rear end showing due to wearing only a thong or something. At least that's the only thing that stood out to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This doesn't make anything harder, it just inconveniences you and makes things take longer.

If you are an obsessive-compulsive hoarder who just can't leave anything behind (like me), then yes, that's probably all it will do. If not though, it means needing to make some tough choices regarding what (and how much) to take with you when you leave your designated storage area. You'll want enough to actually survive, but not so much that you can't pick up any fancy new loot you'll find.

Old World Blues took me ages to finish even without the JSawyer mod because I was trekking back and forth between the Sink and whatever area I was exploring, hoarding every single piece of scrap metal (and my god there's a lot of scrap metal in OWB) and other items I found. Since I was playing hardcore, ammo had weight as well, and even for weapons I never use I simply couldn't get myself to leave ammunition behind.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Feb 16, 2012