Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Avocadoes posted:

I was thinking of getting the "Go" version, but I honestly cant forgo the UMD drive. I know I probably wont use it for more than 1-2 games, but I want the option.

This and having easy access to the battery are the two reasons I picked the 3000 over the Go (still waiting for it to arrive, rather excited.) Speaking of the battery, can anyone tell me if the extended life battery is really that much of an improvement over the original ? I'll probably end up buying one anyway but I just might get one right now if it is a significant improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Don't mind me. I should read more carefully and not post so quickly.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

kontona posted:

I bought a psp just to play Final Fantasy IV. I've heard the After Years is nothing but fanservice...

but I'm still hyped anyway. One of my favorite games of all time.

I'll be buying that game for the fifth time and I feel absolutely no shame. Now give FF6 the same treatment, Square !

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

lohli posted:

Didn't 6 recently get announced for a release on the Japanese PSN?

It would appear so. It seems to be a port of the anthology version however. I'd very much like for 5 and 6 to get the complete collection treatment.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
I don't know if anyone will be able to explain this to me but how do sales taxes work on the PSN ?

I'm asking because I was not charged any taxes when I bought FF4 today but I definitely was when I got FF8 two months ago and FF7 before that too.

I did not move between purchases so location can't explain it. I'm pretty sure taxes still apply to video games in Canada.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Even at 50% off I still feel like I paid too much for Crimson Gem Saga.

I share your pain. I bought it for the full price a month ago and it's going to be a while before I trust Atlus again.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
It's not really that the game is some kind of abomination but I found it lacking in pretty much all areas except visuals. Without being exactly challenging, it manages to be tedious. For comparison's sake, I think Lunar is a much better game (although hopelessly easy and a bit creepy) and it costs :10bux: less.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
The quick conversion rule is to divide the japanese price by 100 and that's roughly what you'll pay in USD. I expect the 16 GB will be around 60$ and the 32 at around 100$.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
It must be a rather rare defect. Maybe a loose battery ? I've owned a 3000 for about a year now and it has never done anything of the sort.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Troffen posted:

Everybody buy Ys because they are good games.

I've been meaning to try this series for a while and that new price point seems about right.

Am I a fool for trying to play Oath in Felghana on hard ? I've never played any of these games before but while ordinary monsters are unimpressive, bosses are actually somewhat brutal. Hopefully I'll get used to it soon.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

Got a link too?

This one

It's really nice. Fully charged, mine shows an estimated duration of about 12 hours in the xmb. I'd estimate that it lasts about 9-10 hours while playing a game with no wifi and at the lowest brightness setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
And it's because this version of the game is hard-coded to drop to 15FPS when playing spells and other effects. Why? Good question.

• Locked thread