Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

an adult beverage posted:

Is ETM going to be at the birthday show?

Looks like ETM is going. https://twitter.com/sternshow/status/429289232293965824/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

I believe the point of that photo is that the table designation is "Eric the Midget" (I assume there's tables names after othe Wack Packers), not as an indicator that that's Eric's seat.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Sam I Am posted:

Looks like Jeff the Drunk lives on top of a toxic waste dump ....

jesus christ....

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm pretty sure that picture exists just to piss ETM off.

I hope that they have every celebrity there talk as if ETM is at the party, and then whenever ETM calls to bitch about not being at the birthday show, Howard can just play a clip of Jimmy Kimmel saying "I see Eric the Actor is here", or Train dedicating a song to ETM after they rock the house. They will forever deny that ETM wasn't there.

Do you think it's too late to suggest this to them over twitter?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Oh dear lord, I agree with Ronnie Mund and King of All Blacks... :cripes:

(about JD's date bringing a date with her, that is BS)

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Squashy Nipples posted:

Oh dear lord, I agree with Ronnie Mund and King of All Blacks... :cripes:

(about JD's date bringing a date with her, that is BS)

Wait, there's people who DON'T think that's BS?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

Who made that song parody, anyway? It seems like a "one-hit wonder" type because I don't recall anything else he made. Maybe he's like the "I see O.J." prank caller and realized he'd never top it so he retired after one piece of absolute brilliance.

I could swear the "I see O.J." guy actually made one other phony phone call. I think it's the one where he got onto a British call-in show and asked Prince Charles why he doesn't stick his head up a dead bear's rear end.

But I'm also pretty sure Howard said in "Miss America" that the Prince Charles caller was never identified.

I do remember that he made the OJ call because the basketball game he was watching got interrupted for OJ coverage, he tried to prank that station, couldn't get through to them, then picked ABC (or whichever network it was) just because he had to take it out on somebody.

edit: http://www.marksfriggin.com/news05/12-12.htm
Morrie did his impression again for Howard before they played another one of his classic calls. In this classic call he called after the Colin Ferguson Long Island Railroad shootings took place. Morrie did a Jamaican accent in this call and talked about what he saw on the train that day. He said that Ferguson was yelling out ''Baba Booey, Baba Booey'' over and over again as he was shooting people. They thought he was for real and wouldn't hang up on him even though he was doing the phony accent and saying ''Baba Booey'' over and over.

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 31, 2014

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

prefect posted:

I could swear the "I see O.J." guy actually made one other phony phone call. I think it's the one where he got onto a British call-in show and asked Prince Charles why he doesn't stick his head up a dead bear's rear end.

But I'm also pretty sure Howard said in "Miss America" that the Prince Charles caller was never identified.

I do remember that he made the OJ call because the basketball game he was watching got interrupted for OJ coverage, he tried to prank that station, couldn't get through to them, then picked ABC (or whichever network it was) just because he had to take it out on somebody.

Captain Janks? He called one of the main news organizations during the Christopher Dorner search saying he had shot Ronnie. TMZ still has a video on their website. And yeah, Janks said it was because the OJ coverage cut off the Knicks game that night.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

prefect posted:

edit: http://www.marksfriggin.com/news05/12-12.htm
Morrie did his impression again for Howard before they played another one of his classic calls. In this classic call he called after the Colin Ferguson Long Island Railroad shootings took place. Morrie did a Jamaican accent in this call and talked about what he saw on the train that day. He said that Ferguson was yelling out ''Baba Booey, Baba Booey'' over and over again as he was shooting people. They thought he was for real and wouldn't hang up on him even though he was doing the phony accent and saying ''Baba Booey'' over and over.

The best part of the second one is for the next 24 hours the news media didn't know it was a prank and were reporting that the shooter kept saying "Baba Booey". Howard thought one of his listeners snapped until he got the call from Morrie.

I miss the prank calls from listeners. It was so great to be watching a show and hear a Howard reference. It was the only thing that made Larry King worth watching. I remember my step dad caught the OJ call live, didn't know it was a Howard call as they didn't get Howard ever near where they lived but knew it was fake and would say "I see OJ!" in that Amos and Andy voice every time I saw him.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Baaaart?
Please play that song
Cuz when I hear your name
I stroke my schlong

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

"The fans demanded it, Robin."

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Live stream is up. Benji somehow got a ticket for his GF apparently.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

Live stream is up.

I lasted five minutes, the hyperbolic rear end-sucking is unbearable.

"This is the greatest happening in the history of ever!"

"Howard is the most entertaining human being ever!"

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I hope that half of the ticket winners who would "Do anything to get there" didn't make it. I refuse to believe that anyone who finds a Howard Stern birthday bash sooooooo important would have enough cash lying around to get 500 miles within a month to two day's notice.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Jesus Christ even in this lovely blurry photo those teeth are unmistakable.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Submitted without comment.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I literally cringed at that photo. Jesus christ JD

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Has JD ever looked normal?

Actually, has JD ever done anything normal? He can't speak, he doesn't really get girls, he listens to lovely techno music, and his entire job is just dicking around online all day, every day.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So you're saying someone needs to buy him a forums account?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Is this the girl who brought the date?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

musclecoder posted:

WHY DOES HE LIFT HIS HEAD DURING THAT "SMILE"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

-Atom- posted:

WHY DOES HE LIFT HIS HEAD DURING THAT "SMILE"

Puttin' that wonderful double chin on full display.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
Man this dicksucking is cringey.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Bigger than the Oscars!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
This is pretty loving bad so far.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
I thought this started at 6pm live?

"Howard hits the air live at 6 pm ET, when he’ll be accompanied by celebrity guests, performers and more."

e: Meaning why am I hearing Shuli at 6:10pm est.

JDee
Nov 27, 2006
goon

Bung Harmer posted:

Jesus Christ even in this lovely blurry photo those teeth are unmistakable.

Techno Beaver

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
I hope Beth brings out some poor kittens to adopt.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

musclecoder posted:

The whole squinting thing really doesn't help him avoid the comparison I always make to an overweight, middle aged, Chinese lesbian.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
Yay thanks for finally starting. I wonder how long I can last before the endless ball sucking drives me nuts.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Why am I doing this to myself?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Wishful thinking that it'd be Springsteen instead of loving Bon Jovi

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

The Human Crouton posted:

Why am I doing this to myself?

There's been a few fun moments so far. Jeff Ross and Joan Rivers completely poo poo on Robin and Beth and it was pretty funny.

Godinster posted:

Wishful thinking that it'd be Springsteen instead of loving Bon Jovi

I'm pretty sure Tan Mom let it slip that Springsteen is there. She said something about him needing an elevator for his stuff and then they took the mic away from her.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

The whole squinting thing really doesn't help him avoid the comparison I always make to an overweight, middle aged, Chinese lesbian.

Ex-loving-actly.

Bluedust posted:

Yay thanks for finally starting. I wonder how long I can last before the endless ball sucking drives me nuts.

It must be in his contract: "any event featuring said client must have at least forty-seven compliments per minute."

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
This is loving awful.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I wasn't expecting commercials. This is just like the regular show with somehow even less content.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
This purple rain track is the actual show, right? I just tuned in.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

rawdog pozfail posted:

This purple rain track is the actual show, right? I just tuned in.

Yeah. Adam Levine is singing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Oh drat I didn't even realize that was live until the end, they did a pretty fantastic job with the audio setup.