Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

FogHelmut posted:

Well not anymore I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Well not anymore I guess.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I saw Artie live for the first time at the Borgata back in 2012 and definitely heard all of his material on Stern already, was very disappointing. God I loving hate that trainer/runner's high story.

On the upside that show did introduce me to the love of my life, Jim Norton :allears:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Was this recent? I'd like to hear it, as horrible as it might be.
Sorry for the late response..

Yeah it was last week kinda late in tuesday's or wednesday's show. If you've listened to the ETM packs you'll know what was recycled, they just played one of his old calls where he goes "Stop with this "I'm dead" bullshit" or whatever.

Howard introduced it out of nowhere and had absolutely zero energy when he went "It turns out this whole Eric the Midget thing was a huge hoax, we just received a call yesterday".. bla bla. For a split second I believed that it could be true, because if it was it would be the greatest bit in Stern history and Eric would achieve the mastermind status he's always vied for, but then they played the call and it just made me sad that he was gone :(

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Also can anyone link to the details of Artie's new podcast? Googling is just giving me old stuff.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

a cop posted:

Yeah it was last week kinda late in tuesday's or wednesday's show. If you've listened to the ETM packs you'll know what was recycled, they just played one of his old calls where he goes "Stop with this "I'm dead" bullshit" or whatever.

Howard introduced it out of nowhere and had absolutely zero energy when he went "It turns out this whole Eric the Midget thing was a huge hoax, we just received a call yesterday".. bla bla. For a split second I believed that it could be true, because if it was it would be the greatest bit in Stern history and Eric would achieve the mastermind status he's always vied for, but then they played the call and it just made me sad that he was gone :(

This sounds horrible, and in completely bad taste, even considering everything that Howard has done over the years.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

a cop posted:

Also can anyone link to the details of Artie's new podcast? Googling is just giving me old stuff.

https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/520281040209055744
https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/520272296439988225

Also here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGFnEota_Qg He talks about the podcast website/paypal. There's a couple other mentions on his Twitter. I don't think he has all the details worked out yet, should be several more weeks until it's up and running.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I can't see shelling out cash for each episode of the show. I wonder if anyone explained Kickstarter to him.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
It worked for Bubba. Oh wait.....

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Eric Andre loving with the whack pack was amazing. I'd like to hear the uncut versions.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

a cop posted:

This sounds horrible, and in completely bad taste, even considering everything that Howard has done over the years.

What was he thinking? That is insane and disrespectful. Seriously, a song parody with Sal singing "Zombie" by the Cranberries in his Eric voice would be less terrible (barely).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, I just listened to Cum Paste. What the gently caress? :psyduck:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Paid comedy routine. There were a couple of them in the early Sirius years.

nvm: was thinking of something else

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

That was only played as being an example of how bad listener submissions could be. That loving piece of poo poo was like 3 minutes long and what little humour there was in it the 'joke' was done in about 10 seconds. Part of the get johns job bit i think.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I'm a little bit behind but the constant guests are really getting to me. Three guests a day every day is just ridiculous and it's clearly some new strategy he's trying.

Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat

EngineerJoe posted:

I'm a little bit behind but the constant guests are really getting to me. Three guests a day every day is just ridiculous and it's clearly some new strategy he's trying.

All those guests mean less work coming up with bits and doing comedy. The show is just winding down at this point.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Some superfan posted this on Twitter. Never seen it before. It's fun to see the old whack packers. Best part though is when Gary says they've been together for noine years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8C-LrBtsc4

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Ah, the first bit I ever heard after subscribing to Sirius. It's loving hilarious. I assume you mean the entire bit and not just the guy's tape itself, which is so loving bad I can't believe it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Anyone got a link to that so we don't have to search google for "cum paste"

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero

AxeManiac posted:

http://youtu.be/JCHIgJcn6T8

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

AxeManiac posted:

The whole thing really is a great bit from the beginning of the Sirius years. You almost feel sorry for the guy but he just can't wrap his head around how bad Cum Paste is.

Edit: I'm listening again now too and god how painful is "You Got hosed at the Drive Thru"?

musclecoder fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 24, 2014

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
This is absolutely brutal. I kept wondering how a guy could be this gullible but then I remember he made cum paste, cum gun, whack me off pocket twat, etc.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Does anyone have a link where Artie is sharing his heroin story about going to Delaware to meet his dealer between making his movie?

He also talked a bit about how sometimes it was bad heroin or something, googling and searching youtube hasn't helped so far.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Chances are it's in one of the Todd Packer packs circa late 2008 or early 2009, because he talked about how he didn't care about the Yankees or baseball for that matter since becoming engulfed in dope.

I vaguely recall he mentioned how his dealer sometimes didn't even have heroin, so he gave him Oxys or similar as an alternative.

It's amazing the mentality one has when they have an addiction - Artie justified his trips to Delaware as more of a deterrent to do drugs, since it was so far and not as convenient as being in NYC...meanwhile he drove to Delaware 1-2 times a week :gonk:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm listening to the Eric the Actor death show and Howard had this line about how there was a news story about their being two suns, as in he said they found another sun hiding behind our sun. Does anyone have any idea what he is talking about? I tried searching Two Suns and I only see articles about coast to coast planet X niru bullshit and star wars. So I have no idea what he was talking about and he never follows up on it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

I'm listening to the Eric the Actor death show and Howard had this line about how there was a news story about their being two suns, as in he said they found another sun hiding behind our sun. Does anyone have any idea what he is talking about? I tried searching Two Suns and I only see articles about coast to coast planet X niru bullshit and star wars. So I have no idea what he was talking about and he never follows up on it.

I think he was trying to gently caress with Robin. She didn't hear about Eric's death and then Howard made up that story.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah, exactly... seemed like a throw away comment, like, "hey Robin did you hear that they took the word 'Gullible' out of the dictionary?"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

AxeManiac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g50PdYeeP90

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Ahhh, okay, I didn't hear him talking about Riley so it hit me out of the blue, I knew we couldn't have a hidden sun, but I wanted to know how Howard heard that. I was hoping he found an astrological Dr Sarno

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
I'm late to this, but Eric Andre loving with the Wack Pack is the best thing ever.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I slept in this morning, so I missed the first part of the show... I'm hoping that he went loving berserk over the fact that there is a case of Ebola in NYC.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

I slept in this morning, so I missed the first part of the show... I'm hoping that he went loving berserk over the fact that there is a case of Ebola in NYC.

He was so terribly level-headed when bedbugs were the big thing; I don't think there's much chance of him being sober and responsible about this. :)

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

prefect posted:

He was so terribly level-headed when bedbugs were the big thing; I don't think there's much chance of him being sober and responsible about this. :)

Exactly. Plus last week, he whipped himself into a fury over the cases in Texas.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
It turns out Ebola isn't real, it's all about your relationship with your mother. Read Dr. Sarno's book.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

jimma posted:

It turns out Ebola isn't real, it's all about your relationship with your mother. Read Dr. Sarno's book.

I was fantasizing this morning about what would happen if Howard's "homosexuality is mental illness, and John Sarno can cure it" stuff were publicized nowadays. :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

prefect posted:

I was fantasizing this morning about what would happen if Howard's "homosexuality is mental illness, and John Sarno can cure it" stuff were publicized nowadays. :allears:

What's this about now? Howard actually said that?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

It's in "Miss America". One of the guys at Dawg's Saloon had a couple of good scans of the pages where he goes on about how homosexuality is the same kind of mental problem as back pain. You see, gays are just gay because they want to avoid the responsibility of having a family.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Edit: Linked because of size.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29aas6&s=5#.VE5UhsmK7FJ

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The most shocking thing on that page is when he claims to be cured of OCD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Though I don't believe he's ever specifically repudiated this, given all of the pro-gay-rights things he's said in recent years, I think it's safe to assume that he no longer believes this.